Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to use a K...............

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use a K...............
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:00pm

I use S-curl but other kits are good. Sportin Waves makes a Kit too.

No I don't use it a lot but I use it when I need it. For the most part I use it to help relax my hair becuase it will curl up into naps once I let it grow out in about a month and half. I can brush my hair until the cows come home, it will still roll up because I have thin coarse hair.

1. Don't brush your hair or scratch your scalp  the night before if you plan on using a kit.

2. Put S curl relaxer on for only 1/2 or 1/4 of time listed in instructions. You can completely destroy you waves if you leave it on too long! What's to long it depends on your hair texure! 

Coarse hair - Longer time

Fine, thin, or straight - shorter time

3. Rinse hair relaxer out very good with warm or hot water. 

4. Rinse with a nuetralizing shampoo. It normally comes with the kit but you can also buy a nueralizer by itself. The nuetralizer keeps the kit from turning your hair a slight brownish redish color and it keeps it from straightening your too much. 

5. (Important) Apply a moisturizing conditioner to put the moister back in your hair so it will shine and be soft.  

6. While hair is still moist, brush it lightly, be carefull not to irratate your scalp after a kit has been applied.

7. Apply your favorite pomade, (I use Sportin Waves in gold can). What kind of pomade does not really matter because your hair is relaxed anyway.

8. Brush (softly!) for about 15 to 30 minutes.

7. Put on du rag, not a wave cap. Spray a little water on du rag to cool your scalp and to soften your hair. Always sleep in your durag.

Your hair will be relaxed for about a month or more depending on hair texture. Do not over relax your hair by leaving the kit on too long because you will look like "Jerome the Pimp" on the Martin Lawrence Show.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

I can brush my hair until the cows come home, it will still roll up because I have thin coarse hair.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
Saucy04 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saucy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:08pm
which order u do the back of your hair twista say says he goes in different direction at the back of his head i jus brush down at the bak but sometimes i notice i create parts.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:22pm
Yea the parts are going to be there because of the pomade but it will not stay long.
Saucy04 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saucy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:25pm
so i shud follow that pic u got from dreamteam and that make me good to go for the brushing part eh..
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:07pm
yep, Dreamteam got good tips too. The parts ar temperory. You develpoe 360 waves in stages. It takes time man.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:09pm

The direction you brush is important because it also matches the pattern and grain you want your hair to grow in.

All peoples hair does not grow in the direction that 360 wavers brush, but you can train it to grow that way. Dig!

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:50pm

Understand, using a Kit is not for everybody, but it helps to have a quick fix to something that take a long time to develope.

Natural is good, it's very good. And everybody wants to be natural but it's not the only way to get waves. That's all I'm saying. I don't care what other people say or think.

If you are your own man you don't follow, you lead, or do your own thing. That's what seperate men from women. Women flock together and follow each other and men, well, we do what want to do. You Dig!

JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 3:01pm
TRU
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 4:30pm

Haters are going to hate but, tell that to all those peeps who thought I was not going to get my BA degree. Now I own my own brick house on two acers of land in Dallas.

I don't know how old you are but, if I would have listen all the people who tried to block or hate, I would still be ducking from bullets and stepping over crackhead in the gutter.

Trust yourself before you trust in somebody else.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 8:54pm
The only time I use a kit is when my hair been growing for about 5weeks, then I let it grow another 2weeks and then get a cut. Every week or so I give myself a shape-up and trim the hair where the du-rag doesn't cover(the sideburns and the bottom of my neck) simple maintenance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic