Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to treat my dry hair big problem!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guitar123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guitar123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to treat my dry hair big problem!
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:53pm
I can't get my dry damaged dry brittle hair to be fixed. I use dove shamppo and conditioner the moisturizer one. I started to use V05 hot oil shampoo works cuz i wanna try hot oil treatment. Nothing seems to work. I want my hair to be all staright and silky again. ne advice??
mysticaldodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticaldodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 11:54am
Try using a deep conditioner, preferably a high quality one. I tried Phyto Sesame (not sure if its a deep conditioner) and it works well!
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:51am
definetly a deep conditioner and dont settle for cheap ones. go to sallys and get a real good one.
niko1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 12:34am
Get a good trim and buy some organic products. Don't use those cheap shampoo and conditioners. They are known to dry the hair.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 12:44pm

Go to a Sally's and get Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme by L'Oreal. It is a terrific deep conditioner and you don't need a heat cap to reap the benefits. (Heat is probably the LAST thing your hair needs right now.)

If you don't have a Sally's nearby, you can get it at a number of online sites like this one:

http://www.haircareusa.com/loreal_natures_therapy.htm

Good luck!

Merlin
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 7:37pm
do some oil treatments a nice heavy oil like coconut:)
Babycheeks
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:09pm
I have really course, thick hair that is really dark almost black. I am part cicilian. A few years ago, I lightened my hair to an almost auburn. I know, I know, major damage. I have recenlty started to put mayonaise on my hair. I read somewhere that it is supposed to help with damage. In my opinion, it really does. I also have started to use jojba oil. I put in at night and braid my hair. In the morning, I wash and cond as normal. I also have been useing it as a stying aid. Like friz eeze. A little goes a long way, so be careful, or it will be to oily. This has really helped my hair. I hope this healps some. 
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 2:07pm
I heard that mayonaise helps,but how do u go about using it?I want to help my dry hair.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 7:15pm
Just put it in like a co treatment, the longer the better.Wash it out as you normally wash and co. Multiple cos have really changed my hair. try using more than one when you wash.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lasermichelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasermichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 1:06pm
It's not going to happen overnight! Go buy Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor use it DAILY! You can also do a deep treatment with it once a week by leaving it in for up to 3 hours. After about 3 months of this you will notice a difference. Don't dye your hair, No perms and no hi lighting. It will contribute to dry hair.
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 11:36pm
you should stop using Dove! You need hair therapy products. I used this when I through a rough time for my hair as well: http://www.thebeautyplace.com/beauty-gift-guide/PM7473.html try it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic