Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair = Hair Loss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gozz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Hair = Hair Loss?
    Posted: May 20 2005 at 9:47am
I've been growing my hair for the past few months, and i've been relatively happy with it(going to the hairdresser tomorrow to get it styled), but a couple of my friends have been saying that with my fairly thin hair, growing my hair could cause hair loss.

Is there any truth in this? I really don't want to be balding by 20, so I really need to know if it's possible.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 1:43pm
No if growing your hair mens hair loss than everyone should be bald, since everyone grows hair. Correct?  Grow your hair as long as you want. Genetics, illness and/or diet, will determine if you have hair loss or not.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 11:44pm
SHE BACK
THECHOSEN1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECHOSEN1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 11:04pm
[QUOTE=pmp4lfjmike]SHE BACK[/QUOTE]
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 3:56pm
i don't no about dat
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
LIL J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIL J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 6:49pm
ME EITHER
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista
Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 3:07pm
^ wut

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
LIL J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIL J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 5:09pm
wut
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista
Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 11:59am

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
sebastian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:01pm
Hey your friends are kinda right. Why? Because the longer your hair the more stress it puts on your roots. But its not going to cause you to go bald. I have long hair (like to my hear lob) and I'm not losing my hair. Personally though, if you have really thin hair, as in i can see your scalp then you probably wont look good with long hair anyways. And if your hair is thinning, long hair just makes it more noticeable.

sebastian
Kindofcurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kindofcurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 1:43pm
My dad always says that.. because he had long hair and now he's bald but I think genetics play a huge role, my grandfather was bald and he never had long hair I believe. It puts more stress on your head but not that much I think.. what if you get bald anyways??? at least you can say you had long hair good luck to you btw, getting bald must really suck
candyqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 10:43am
Hey guys do your self a favor and go to www.amazinglasercomb.com They know everything about lasers and I have had good success with their lasercomb . It really does work, candy
Candy
Dmahiyer7893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmahiyer7893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 11:48am
No it doesn't make sense that growing your hair will cause you to lose it. But having thin hair could cause your hair to fall out easier.

The products sold at this site are cheap and are proven to help you grow your hair to be thicker, and healthier
think_tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think_tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 8:55am
The length of your hair has nothing to do with whether it will fall out or not. Anyway, if it did, you could always cut it and the excess hair-loss would stop, right?
think_tom neolight hair
sushil1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushil1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2014 at 4:05am
Hey try bio hair treatment and get rescue your hair from hair fall and loss
Bio Hair Treatment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic