Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yo i need major help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bAD HAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bAD HAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yo i need major help
    Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:21pm
ok heres my problem i have real bad nappy hair i come from the sudan and i was tryna get waves i almost got them but they aint visible and they are real tiny what can i do to help this problem
RAISED IN DA GUTTERS AND THE
SLUMS,KNOWN AS THE NUMBER
RUNNERS SON AND THE DOPE MAN
NEPHEW WHO UNCLE ON THE RUN
THE CANDY LADY GRANBABY HUSTLED
FOR THE FUNDS
bAD HAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bAD HAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:22pm
a yo also to bigg mike you say you use a kit how often do u do that and do you apply it when your haur is short or kinda thick and is that you in the pic cause if so i want your method
FOR THE FUNDS
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 3:08pm
ARE U TRYIN TO GET THICKER WAVES IF SO IT WANT BE EASY SOME PEOPLE GOT THEM BUT THE HAIR TEXTURE IS DIFFERENT FROM YURS BUT IF U WANT TO HAVE THICK WAVES U WILL HAVE TO BRUSH ALOT U WILL HAVE TO USE WATER WHEN BRUSHIN  OR MOISTURIZER DONT BRUSH YUR HEAD DRY ASS HELL
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 3:59pm

The best time to apply a kit is when your hair has grown out and is longer that you would like it to be. I apply a kit when I need it, whci is about every month or two.

Once you have got your hair trained, you don't have to apply a kit any more unless you need a touch up in rough areas.  After it is relaxed for about a month or so, I notice the edges getting nappy.  So I just apply it to the rough parts, not my whole head.

When I say I use it every 30 - 60 days that means Touch-Ups only, not my whole head of hair. "Over perming will destroy you waves."

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 4:10pm

You from Sudan hu? What tribe are you from? What part of Sudan? Are you Muslim or Christian? It does matter either way, you are my brother and I respect your culture. Sudanese people are a beautiful people. They are the essence of Africa and the essence of Afircan Americans we just don't know it because of slavery and discrimination against Dark Skin people. Dark skin men are discriminated against the most by their own African American people out of ignorance.

As African American people, we must learn to accept our African brothers. This is how Hispanics and Latinos are out doing African Americans because we think it's funny to degrade our own people. When you think about how we as a race of people are falling off, it's very very sad man. It's time out for the ignorance.  

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

As African American people, we must learn to accept our African brothers. This is how Hispanics and Latinos are out doing African Americans because we think it's funny to degrade our own people. When you think about how we as a race of people are falling off, it's very very sad man. It's time out for the ignorance.  

Dalynkwent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalynkwent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 2:59pm

It's a shame that SOME African American ppl don't like Africans. I remember a while back (about '99) I was chatting on BET and this girl asked me where I was from, and I told her, "Africa", and she said, "Oh, I'll pass." I can GUARANTEE that if she saw me she'd be all over this chocolate brotha !

Anyway, back to the ?uestion....the Sudanese guy....just BRUSH, BRUSH, BRUSH....

Are you from the Dinka tribe ?

bAD HAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bAD HAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 3:10pm
well i dont really know that much about Sudan i had to leave when i was 2 but as far as tribes go my ppl were dinkas i am about 6'7 my pop was 6'6 and my mama is 6'2 but we were exiled out of the country my dad was a political figure of some sort how the story goes and he was killed over there and we got banished but now ive been in a place in north carolina for 21 years
FOR THE FUNDS
blackwallstreet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackwallstreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 7:37pm
yo my man first off in following wit biggmike i would also like to say i am very respectful of sudan and all the african nations and tribes throughout. all ya hold ya heads up i always say africa WILL someday prevail as long as we all stay together. now you already got your waves and my suggestion would be to start wit a kit to lighten up on the coarse hair. after that use pomade and brush, brush, brush.
THE BLACK WALLSTREET IZ COMIN'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic