Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

advice on a cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice on a cut
    Posted: May 23 2005 at 8:28pm

Hi, I am trying to make a decision for a cut and would like any advice. First of all, my hair is fine but thick (many strands) it has a slight wave and body is usually not a problem with the blow dryer. However I am looking for a cut that requires little or no heat because the whole point of this short cut is to prepare for growing out. I have a round face and a bit of a double chin, so super short cuts are not an option. At the moment I have a page boy length (just above my shoulders) with bangs that are almost too long to wear straight accross. I am letting them grow. I don't mind a short cut but I would want something that grows out easy. I plan to keep my hair at or above my shoulders until I get it all one length and healthy and then I will decide the next step. The other issue is right now, I have some razored layers that start mid crown and go to my shoulders. They are the biggest reason for this cut. Without heat I can't seem to do much with them. Let me know if you need more info and I will see what ideas you all have for now.

Thanks,

Wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 11:25am
I am a visual person, so, can you post a pic?  That would really help for people to give you opinions.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
wannabecurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabecurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 3:40am

A pic would help but I think you're describing my hair. I'm also TRYING to grow mine out. Currently I have mine cut in a modified swing bob. I love the back but my front is too short. My longest peices on the sides are only to my ears with layers above that. I figure I'll let my sides grow out to chin length, then start growing the back again. I'm also growing out my bangs which are currently at my eye brows. I really hope this helps you.

Nikkipatiently waiting for the hair I dream of. 1c/m/ii
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:11pm

I just got it all cut off at my chin. It is just slightly shorter in front than in back, and then there are the bangs. I haven't washed it yet so I don't know what it looks like without heat styling, my stylist took a round brush and flipped up the layers. I might try that with cool air and see if it is as effective, since that would be less damaging. Thanks for all your help. BTW I don't have the technology as of yet to post pics but maybe in the future.

Wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic