Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you go back to the salon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kirsty27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you go back to the salon?
    Posted: June 03 2005 at 12:05am

It seems to be holding better now, I returned to the salon and she redid it and then I didnt wash it for 4 days and it doesnt appear to be lightening back.....anythings better than the ugh yellow color, i dyed it, lol, i looked like gunthorpe from friends......didnt look good at all!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:27pm

FYI:

Very light, porous hair just won't hold color very well, due to the porosity. 

When I do low lights on previously lightened hair,  In foils, I apply a filler in the correct base and then the low light color.  It may take very well, or may not, when the porosity of the hair is blown, it's a real crapshoot on what will happen.  However, over time with additional lowlighting, the hair will eventually be 'filled' enough and hold on to the color better.

When colors fade due to the hair's porosity, it's not the stylists fault.  You just need to get you hair back into shape with deep conditioning and subsequent coloring treatments.

Kirsty27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:58am
Ok sweet, thanks for that tip :D and all the other advice you guys :)
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 9:45pm

After she does your hair don't shampoo for 2 days afterwards, it takes that long for the dyes to settle into the hair.

- Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.COM

Kirsty27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 9:18pm
So I went back to the salon and spoke to the girl. She is going to redo the semi perm on monday, no charge.

She explained what she did and it was just a dark blonde semi all over, she didnt lift it again. So thats fine.

Shes going to do it again and Im going to get some good shampoo and conditioner which will hopefully help it last.

I hate complaining but she was really nice about it.

Yay

Thanks guys xo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:00pm
 You should call the salon and speak with the manager not the girl, she has no control over this but the manager can and should help you get this resolved. This was done incrrectly to begin with though, you never tint everything back down just to lift it up again, that is stressful to the hair. I would ask the manager what could be done but by another stylists, why go back to someone that didn't know how to do it in the first place. - Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.COM
Kirsty27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 12:31pm

Im happy with the darker blonde, Im just pissed it seems to be fading and Ive been careful not to wash it every day for the purpose of keeping the color.

I put bleached highlight kit ALL OVER my hair so the bleached parts would not have become lowlights.

She told me, she would be putting a darker blonde semi all over then using the blonde I had done with the box out as the highlights through the parting and a deep conditioner on the other parts. so Im thinking, Ive been overcharged for something I didnt have. Which is annoying!

She didnt toned it until we went to the wash basin to get shampooed.

I had a semi put on at a salon before and it washed out within the week however redken makes seem to hold in my hair alot better for some reason.

This was the first time I went to this Salon. I usually get my hair done back home but seeing as im 6000 miles from home, I had to sought out a new salon ;)

Should I call and speak to the girl who done my hair, I hate complaining :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 11:15am

To check to see if you've had lowlites put in, part your hair down the middle,  flatten with a comb and hand and see if you see darker lines going from the scalp outward towards the ends, if not, then you didn't have them.

Maybe she just toned the yellow area that you did with a demi permanent and then highlighted over that?

Is this a salon you go to all the time to get your highlightes done?

You could call up the manager and ask to explain to you what was done and why the color is not holding. That's what managers are for, to help with problems like this. - Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.COM

swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:52am

I think that she probably wasn't able to isolate the old highlights enough with foils.

Therefore when she toned the whole hair, and the highlighted parts picked up a lot more color. And became lowlights. Cause I suppose she didn't put any dark blonde dye on them.

To keep your color up you'll need purple shampoo and conditioner to keep the yellow out.

Semi and demi permanent toners, are just that.. non permanent. So there's nothing much to do because they will fade no matter what. Ofcourse they'll fade quicker if you wash your hair more often.

I wonder if she used a demi or semi permanent toner on your hair, I really think you should go back and get your hair doned. And since you think your hair is too dark now. You should consider letting her put in some highlights again after toning the hair. Or maybe go allover lighter.

Kirsty27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 12:34am

Hi Everyone

I had blonde bleached highlights all over to start and had root regrowth and had an impulse moment on Sunday to color my own hair. So I applied a Herbal Essence bleach blonde box and it came out yellow. Didnt like so went to the salon and got it fixed.

She gave me a semi perm darker blonde all over bar the parting which she left the blonde color I had put on and then toned it at washing. Apparently I got lowlights through the parting, which Im not convinced I got.

Two questions, I was under the impression all we were doing was a semi and a deep condition. Hence the reason there were two bowls at the station. However I was charged for a color and partial highlights, which I did question and the receptionist informed me I had lowlights. Is there anyway to tell? I though she was just foiled off the already blonde bits and painting them with deep conditioner then the other parts with the semi.

2nd question.

I was under the impression that if you dye already highlighted hair its more likely to grab the color. Ive only washed it twice this week, trying to preserve the color as Ive had an experience in the past where it washed out within a week and I keep looking in the mirror and im convinced the color is fading again. Would you go back to the salon and question it and ask for it to be redone?

Whats the etiquette, Ive been getting my color done at salons for years and Im not daft when it comes to having one thing done and being sold something else, Im not convinced I got lowlights and Im pissed because I think its washing out too quickly, any suggestions would be most helpful :)

Thanks guys

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic