Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On average..................

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On average..................
    Posted: May 28 2005 at 1:20pm

How many PB can you get out of one bag of PH?  (This is only if the haar is doubled over once)

*Sorry if this has been answered befor!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 2:24pm
Hey gina , thanks for the thank you. I got my hair today and it's perfect! I would also like to know how many. I'm thinking maybe 35-40 not cut in 1/2 maybe 80 cut in 1/2 just judging bythe amount it feels like. I can't wait to see how this goes
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 2:54pm
Yup--I think Marie's estimate is right: 35 to 40 uncut; 80 cut in half. :)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 3:24pm
What's PB?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 3:31pm
Just clicked that is means pinch braids.  Hope one of you kind ladies can help.  Got my plastikhaar this morning.  God it feels and looks good.  Got it in blond, platin blond and kokos.  It came in one long length.  I cut the three packs of hair into three 15inch lengths.  My question is, how much plastikhaar will I need in weight roughly to do a full head.  I weighed the wefts and they equalled 3.4 ounces each so that's about 10.2 ounces.  Do I put roughly the same amount of hair as I do in human hair ounces or do I put more in, less in?  Just wanting to know how much to tip really and haven't got a clue as I'm a total newbee with the PH xxx Any help would be appreciated x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:33pm

Anybody :( xx

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:56pm
Yes, just treat it as you would hh. Install it and do everything the same. The only thing different is the care of it. It's far FAR less care-intensive than hh.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 7:31pm
If I do strand by strand again it will be Pinchbraids with plastikhaar. It took an hour and a half!   to fix the human I had.And If I didnt wash it every day it looked stringy and frizzy.Has anyone  wore plastikhaar swimming? I just wonder if chlorine would affect the quality.If so I will do an install in wintertime.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 9:12pm
You can totally go swimming with PH - it's synthetic, remember, just like bathing suit material! Just be sure to rinse out the pool water like you would anyway, and let it air dry. Pool and ocean water has far less effect on PH than on HH extensions, another beautiful thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 4:36am
So do I just tip 4 ounces to install like I did with my HH then? xx
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 11:44pm
Well, I don't know what kind of cut you currently have, but if you're doing a full head (instead of a half head or fill-in) you'd want at least two bags, maybe a bit more. If you've alreayd got a little bit of length and are just adding some thickness, though, one bag may be fine.

-Rae
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 2:41am
I wouldn't gauge it by weight. Instead, I'd just create as many tips in the same size as you do with human hair for a install. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 3:43am
Thanks so much guys.  I can't wait to install it.  I know that I'm going to go crazy with the colours now and always be changing it if I like it.  I'll post pictures as soon as I have time to get it in.  I've had the bohyme in 9 weeks now so I'm getting ready xx
UFOKommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UFOKommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 3:05pm

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Has anyone  wore plastikhaar swimming? I just wonder if chlorine would affect the quality..

Can you comb plastikhaar when its wet? Is it hard to prevent tangling?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic