Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New and needing help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New and needing help.
    Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:35am

hi rachel

http://www.nailsnsuch
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 6:58am
The only thing you can do at this point to make them LOOK better is use silicone products (like pantene conditioner, or any other conditioner that has a lot of words with "cone" at the end of them in the ingredients).  They will help the hair shaft lay flat to give it a little more shine.  Be aware that if you want to keep long hair that silicones can build up over time and make your hair break off (when the silicone coat on each hair gets old and starts to chip off it takes your hair with it).  So, if you're going to use silicones to improve your hair's looks, you should periodically remove the buildup to make sure your hair won't break off.  You can do this by using a clarifying shampoo once every 2 weeks, or a diluted vinegar rinse every week. 

Unfortunately, after it's damaged there's not much you can do to fix it or mend it other than cutting it off (you can do that slowly at least by only cutting off a half inch a month...you won't see any growth in your hair since it likely only grows a half inch a month, but you can keep the same length until the damage grows out).  Silicones don't work for everyone also, you will just have to try it and see.  Good luck, and congratulations on your wedding.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:33pm

Hi My name is Racheal.

I just joined earlier today. I noticed there are alot of problems with hair, skin and makeup.

I started dying my hair when I was 15. I am now 19 and get married in two months. I am trying to get my hair in the best condition possible.

All my life I only cut my hair once or twice a year. I like it long but to my last ignorant ideas it has been messed up.

I permed my hair because it has a little curl an dI though it was cute.

They screwed it up and it turned to fizz ball.

I waited 8 months and then used a straightener on it. It healed my hair a little contrary to my believe.

Most of it has grown out because I have always  had wonderful hair.

Then ends still suffer from being dead. I don't want tocut them off because its 6 inches worht and I would have hair to my ears. ( refuse to have this at my wedding)

Is there anything that will help mend the ends or make them look better with out putting a hole in my budget?\

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic