Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to tip a famous colorist ?URGENT HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BeachBlonde View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBlonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to tip a famous colorist ?URGENT HELP
    Posted: May 29 2005 at 6:17pm

Hi all ,

I have been reading this forum for a while now and it always answered all my questions without me needing to post .

I even found out here that Rita Hazan in NYC was the key to my blonde problems ...

So after reading all about her here i have decided to go there to better my already blonde mane ... so I am going in 3 days ( I am soooo excited to meet her and to see what she can do with my hair )

but here is the big question: Rita Owns her salon and as all of you guys probably know my bill is probably going to be around $500 -Also she colors J.Lo , Celine Dion and Jessica Simpson's hair .

NOW : Do i have to tip her ( I am assuming all $500 will go to her since she is the owner ) but I would feel weird not tipping .

1/ Am I supposed to tip her although she is the owner of the salon and charges hefty fees ?

2/ if i do have to tip her what is a decent tip for a colorist in her category? ( I certainly cant tip her $40 thats for sure ...)

Please help I am due to go there in 2 days and i am soooo clueless

Thanks

Always a blonde...Forever a Blonde !
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 7:10am
So what did you wind up doing? 

I don't know what I would have done...I may have just asked her "should I tip since she's the owner?".  Not the most proper way to do things, and may have made us both uncomfortable, (that's why I didn't answer you before, I hoped someone else had a better idea!).  $500!  Wow!  How did it come out?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic