Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie...Shorter...Blondest!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie...Shorter...Blondest!
    Posted: May 31 2005 at 6:52am
Katie showed up this morning with a fairly blunt bob cut right at her chin and possibility the blondest color ever. 

Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 6:57am
It might be just a tad longer than chin length but it's much shorter.  Katie's hair was getting a little longer, past her shoulders again.  When the show opened, she welcomed Matt back and he commented that she got a haircut.  Her reply was that her Mom told her she needed one and that she still almost always does what her Mom tells her too. 
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 6:58am

Wow Hal, I thought I'd be first-but you beat me to it!

She did cut her hair. Matt asked her about it & she said that her mom told her to. It is right around the chin, blunt, and slightly blonder in the front. It isn't bad. But, I'm still one of those who likes the almost shoulder length with the flip at the bottom. It really fits her personality best, IMO.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 7:25am
If you are a talking head, I guess the hair should be an important component.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 7:55am

Katie's mom is a saint!

My two cents.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 7:59am

I really like Katie with longer hair and I'm usually not a fan of her haircuts. That being said, I like the color and, if she stays away from the ear tucks, maybe it will grow on me as it grows on her. Just minutes ago, they aired an interview Katie did with Amber Tamblyn and Blake Lively, a particularly fetching young woman with waistlength blonde hair. Both star in "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." The interview was done the other day before Katie got her haircut and aired today. The contrast on the same show confirmed that I still like Katie better with longer hair.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 8:07am
I agree Aggie, thats how like her hair as well..plus bangs rather the that swoop thing she keeps next to her cheek.  Seems her mother is a big force in the hair styles.  I heard her make a simular comment the after she cut it shorter from her all time longest.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

The contrast on the same show confirmed that I still like Katie better with longer hair.

Now thats a shocker...lol

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:02am
I have to say the color is nice but the cut. The same old same old. I like the yahoo groups I have they show talking heads with all lenghts of hair from everywhere. Spainsh ones have the longest so far. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:48am
I think the cut looks good. An improvement in my  book. I would like to see her go even shorter, as she has been threatening to do.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 12:49pm
Katie who? I have no idea who we are talking about..
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 1:03pm
Hi Vicky. Katie Couric is an American icon of the talking head variety. She is a sweet and personable little thing, though homely to look at.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 1:11pm
Thanks for the info fatmoogas... Sometimes im clueless about the people being discussed in this forum.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 1:20pm
Yep..funny, some of the celebs that appear regularly on this forum.
adhemar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adhemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 3:43pm
any chance posting a pic for European fans ;-) ?
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 4:11pm

There is one here, don't know how long it will be up for?

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads3185 4&31854&Ann

Morgan

Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 7:33pm

I must say that the side look does make it look shorter than I initially thought.  I don't really care for it too much.  I think it's the shortest her hair has been in a couple of years...don't you think?  You think she had about 3 inches trimmed?  That's a lot when it's that length.

I think I recall one other time after she grew her hair longish that she cut it right around this short or perhaps a tad shorter. 

I was curious to see if she and Ann talked about her haircut.  Ann still seems to be growing her hair out and I've heard no mention of her hair getting long at all on the show ever.   

Edited by Ben C
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 7:50pm
Katie's mom - tell Katie to get some bangs!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 8:08pm
Blah. I'm glad she changed it, but once again disappointed by the change.
Katie seems for having a knack for choosing the blandest styles (IMHO) in
the style book, in defiance of current trends and (again IMHO) what would
look best on her. In this case, it seems she cut off the bottom flips, the one
part of her old style that gave her hair some personality and movement, and
kept the boring straight bob part. There's something almost matronly about
it now.

I'm still hoping someday she'll embrace the current trend and choose some
bangs and flips. My only hope for this cut is that it might reduce the odds of
the ear tuck. Slightly.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Hi Vicky. Katie Couric is an American icon of the talking head variety. She is a sweet and personable little thing, though homely to look at.

"Homely?" Katie is a lot of things, but she's not "homely to look at." She's shorter than most. She's perkier than most. She's got a smile that most would die for. She's got great legs. She raises money for charity. Some say she can be a b%$@! behind the scenes. But she's certainly not homely. I guess that statement says a lot about your taste or your age or both. Networks don't make a habit of paying millions to homely people. As I've said many times, Katie Couric has had the hair transformation of the 21st Century. (Although I liked that transformation much better before the current bob.)

I can no longer access my favorite Katie hair photo (link provided by Jerky Flea a year or so ago), but here are some of my favorite Katie looks:

Hair longer, parted on the other side:

http://fullfrontalfashion.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/in telligencer/katiecouric_28_175.jpg

Hair not so bright, wearing black:

http://www.gogomag.com/kc3/x_katiecouric.jpg

The famous head tilt:

http://www.mediaresearch.org/stillshots/2004/couric072004.jp g

National Enquirer look:

http://web1.ami-admin.com/images/11905.jpg

Longer and curly:

http://www.curlyhair.net/Celebs14/Katie_Couric.jpg

Tired but happy (because her hair is still long, no doubt):

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/celeb/C/1205/Previews/P lans-4430.jpg

With glasses:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.super-hair .net/couric56.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.super-hair.net/wa tch-couric.html&h=240&w=320&sz=29&tbnid=mCau cGi2YnUJ:&tbnh=84&tbnw=112&hl=en&start=183&a mp;prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Couric%2522%26start%3D180%26hl%3D en%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

With bangs:

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/04/45/image_1345049.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic