Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie...Shorter...Blondest!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 7:07am

Hey Gord... you left out close minded and ultra liberal... and though I would not call her homely you must admit she is not nearly as pretty as most in her position.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 8:56am

For KramerGord and others...

http://www.cameroncole.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=New s_Babes/Other/Katie_Couric&img=160

And check out all the others.  Pretty much every pic has a style and/or color better than what she has now.  It's too blonde, too blunt, and too blangless...er, bangless.  The color washes her out, the length does nothing for her and makes her face look rounder, and the lack of bangs only contributes to the effect.

Add some lowlights to give it some depth, some bangs to frame her face, some layers for some movement.  Heck, anything other than this bland bob.  And Katie is cute...or at least can be with a better hairstyle than this.

Poke through those other pictures on the link above (click the house icon to go to the top) and you'll see what I mean.

JF

P.S.  Anyone noticing how good Hannah Storm's hair on The Early Show looks of late?

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:08pm

Katie looks best (long or short) when she has bangs. 

Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 5:57pm
Hal,

Close minded maybe, but ultra-liberal? Puhlease!

Speaking as an ultra-liberal, I can tell you she is not. I would argue more of a somehwat ignorant moderate.

She has let Newt Gingrich slide on numerous falsities on her show before.

And she looked best with the crop of her early days.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 9:23pm

God bless you, Flea, for steering me to that link. I'm a jumper when it comes to the Katie bandwagon. When she has longer hair, I'm a regular viewer of the Today Show. When she gets it cut short, like she did Tuesday, I'm definitely off the bandwagon. I still watch the show, hoping Ann Curry still hasn't had her gorgeous hair cut or I tune into Robin Meade on CNN Headline News. Robin truly has the best hair on morning TV, although she's gone through a 3- to 5-inch trim in recent weeks. I'm with you on Hannah Storm. Saw her this morning while channel surfing. She looked great -- and she was interviewing Anne Bremner, a lawyer/Michael Jackson court junky, who, disappointingly, seems to have gotten a half-foot or so of her own blonde hair cut. Back to Katie: With all the high-stakes competition between her show and ABC's Good Morning America, I'm a bit surprised she went with that drastic of a change, both in color and hair length. I like status quo when it comes to Katie -- and status quo Katie blows away softball Diane Sawyer any day.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 2:23am
Don't you ever watch news for....er...the news, Kramer?
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 7:10am

JF.

Thanks for the mention of Hannah Storm.  I have always thought she had great short hair styles.  I even like it now that she is growing it out.

Stephanie
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:26am
Anne Bremner looks like going to have to wait to see how she looks. Hannah Storm no luck in finds pics.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 4:17am
I saw Katie's hair change. . . not being a bob fan, I think it's dull, but better than long. . . and not as good as short, of course. . .  I'd like to see her with a short, flippy style, or some texture. . . and less blonde. . . not super-dark, as that's not very good on her, but a light or medium brown might do, maybe some gold or honey highlights. . .  Almost makes me wish I had her mom's ear, since she seems to take maternal suggestions so seriously ^_^ .
More awesome than a manatee!
alvin8191 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin8191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 7:19am
She needed a change, but not this change. She should go with maybe an updated version of the look she had years ago. Something a bit shorter than she now has with bangs and a whole lot less blonde!!! Maybe use a little styling product to give it some life. As far as her being homely..... I'll grant you that she's not the perky, impish little pixie that she was 15 years ago, but she's still a nice looking woman. She just needs to find the right style and color. 
short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 9:28am
I love Katie but I agree that she should add bangs.  It softens her look and brings out her eyes IMHO.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 8:38pm
I had hoped that at least with this new cut Katie would stop tucking it behind
her ear and show off her new style to its full effect. Then I watched the
beginning of Friday's show, and it took her exactly four seconds on camera
to execute the Ear Tuck, thus ruining that sleek "curtain" look I assume she's
going for.

This confuses me. Why choose a style that gets in your way so much you
have to constantly banish it behind your ear, especially when there are so
many other great cuts with layers, bangs, flips, etc. that look tailor-made for
her and wouldn't require that, and would also flatter her and be in style?

Harumph.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 9:38am

I think I know how Katie can help return the Today Show to solid ratings. Grow her hair longer and part it on the other side.

The evidence:

June 2004. Today Show is the show that's "the most watched morning show... ever." Katie looks like this:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=50996819&cdi=0

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=51000573&cdi=0

June 2005. Today Show is locked in the fight of its rating life with Good Morning America. Katie's hair is bobbed and the part is on the opposite side:

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads3212 1&32121&Katie

They don't need a new morning hostess. They just need the old one back.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:08pm
I won't be watching whatever she does.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 2:55am

I think it's funny how nobody here ever actually watches news shows for the news ^_^ .  Maybe they'd get more viewers if they traded their news for coverage of hair shows. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 8:09am

Once and for all, this isn't a news commentary site; it's a hair commentary site. As a journalist, I choose to get the majority of my news from newspapers -- the most comprehensive source of news available -- or the Intenet. I get traffic reports and sports talk from radio. I get comedy and drama from TV. Why tune into to the 6 p.m. TV news to hear "Stay tuned at 11 for news on (fill in topic here)?" Teasers bite. Why should I watch a talking head say "As we broke the news on this yesterday...?" Why should I care about a show when a reporter inserts himself or herself into the story? And, you know, of course, that TV news -- at least local TV news -- gets many of its leads from the newspaper? That's not to say there's nothing of value on local and national news, but there's only so much negative news I can take. Newspapers allow me to read the news when I like it and put it aside when I'm done with it. With all the commentary and babble on the Fox News Network, I can hardly take it. CNN seems to show most of the same news reports over and over again. The Today Show and others have interesting stories, but, really, would we be watching if we didn't like the people who serve as host or hostess? And just because I comment on someone's hair doesn't mean I don't listen to what she says. Sometimes I do. Just because I love Joss Stone's hair doesn't mean I don't listen to her music. Just because I love Jane Seymour's hair doesn't mean I don't pay attention to the plots of her movies. The same applies to TV news and news shows. So please don't go there any more, OK?

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:17am

Kramer/Gord you are the poster most likely to equate ratings, record sales, popularity and or viewership to hair length and style. Thus giving the perception that's why people (you) watch one show or another.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:38am
Guess they got to you, Kramer
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 3:58pm

MMmmmm....how were their ratings when Katie had her short pixie?  I thought they were pretty good then.

I suggest Katie cuts her hair to a short pixie...see the ratings...grows it out...see the ratings...cut it short again...

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 4:18pm
Doubt she'll last that long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic