Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"certificate for hair???"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "certificate for hair???"
    Posted: June 01 2005 at 11:34am

Finally the search is over and i have found a supplier with genuine virgin russian, spanish and euro hair.  The reason for this post is that my supplier says they can provide me with a certificate to prove the nationality of the hair and to verify its purity. 

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Ive searched for ages trying to find a company with genuine virgin hair and have never came across this before?

Edited by shel221
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 1:07pm
Yeah usually you just have to take their word on it,lol.You'll have to post pictures.I know that hair is extremely rare.pictures would be greatly apprecciated.
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:01pm

Edited by shel221
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:11pm

where did you find it?

and god said let there be hair extensions.
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:16pm

I import it from my new supplier.  It's very expensive but the good thing is i dont need to worry about ordering certain colours since its all natural. 

x

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 6:07pm
I didn't think there was such a thing as hair produced and exported from Spain or elsewhere in Europe, although there are suppliers in Russia and Ukraine. Good luck. :)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 6:11pm
Sounds good. Certificates don't impress me, though, I'm afraid. People can --and do-- say anything.

I think anyone who buys Indian, Remy, Russian, Spanish, Italian, etc hair for resale has a responsibility to verify this is correct before promising the same. Taking someone's word for it doesn't really mean anything, imo.

Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 7:54pm
i can send you a cert to..
Kris
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 2:37am

Jenny - I dont buy direct unfortunately.  I have't been lucky enough to source so i do it via a middleman.

amm - I have never heard to this type of thing being given out with hair but i will know once i get the hair whether its true or not. Fingers crossed.

Kris - tell me more?

Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 10:22pm

Im with amm.. For someone to say its virgin.. ok so how is it blond I dont no to many blonds over seas that are blond and that thick... maybe im wrong...

Kris
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 7:05pm

Kris -   Heres the pic...

These 2 pics are of the same hair, one indoors, one outdoors (both with flash).  I can assure you its 100 % russian hair.  I dont take anyones word for it, i use a reputable supplier who i have vetted out and they supply me with a certifictae which guarantees its origion, not that its needed as once you get the hair you know.  Its also alot softer than top grade european hair.

Did i also mension, hard on the wallet! 

The hair is not blonde but is a light brown.  The colour obviously varies however my supplier alows me to ask for my preference ie light or dark if available or you would just need to take what he had.

I have since then dealt with virgin spanish and asian hair first hand and need to say that im not too impressed with the spanish hair.  Its a different texture from what i had expected although dont have the words to describe.  I think i prefer the uero and russian better.

Kris - what certificate do you offer?

Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 9:21pm
You can make anything on a computer.. Dont you no that people scam and they tell you what you wanna here.... dont be crazy.  i would believe it if they showed me a girl with long hair then a girl with bold hair that would be the only cert i would believe...
Kris
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:48am
I think what Kris meant was that they can send you a certificate too, for anything- a certificate for you being the world's tallest woman, a certificate declaring my toenail clippings to be the highest quality toenails available on the market, or declaring the hair someone sells to be genuine European hair.

Not to say that the supplier isn't genuine, of course, but since the hair trade is so unregulated, who would the certificate by issued -by-? I wouldn't trust a certificate from the seller themselves- I mean, we've all bought beauty-supply store hair that said "best quality" on it, and of course it wasn't.

The hair does look quite nice, though! I guess the way to really find out the quality of hair is to test it out and see if it wears well. European or not, that's the real goal of extension hair, isn't it?

-Rae
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:25am

Yeah i guess your right Rae, everyones got their own view of things but i know i have it so thats all that counts i guess.

Kris - fair enough but what im now saying is that i actually have the hair and yes its Russian regardless of any certificate.

blondie718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:13pm
Will you be seling the russian hair? Is that the lightest color that
you have it in? it seems odd tha it looks like a medium brown
and then a golden blonde hahah light makes a big difference,
so will you be selling this hair how long is it?
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:55pm

Hi Blondie - Im not sure yet as theirs not alot of it.  I would only be able to supply a maximum of a couple of oz's a week but then if i need to use some then that would put the supply down more.  I know what you mean by the pic, one was out door and one was indoor (both with flash).  I will take a better pic in good daylight as i think that will show the hair better.  As for the length, it generally isn't very long (about 16") but my supplier has a small amount of 18" and 20".

I have a colour ring which has a tiny piece of spanish, russian, asian virgin hair.  Its amazing to feel all the different textures together although only a mini version.

The Spanish hair tends to want to curl  As for the hair, its alot thicker than i had imagined.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic