Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this color cover the blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MsGemini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsGemini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this color cover the blonde?
    Posted: June 03 2005 at 8:55pm
I bought Clairol 'Coffee' medium ash brown level 3/green base and 20 volume developer from Sally's (I made the mistake of asking for help..hmm...).. I am almost clueless, I admit, but I want to do it myself! I've done a few hair dyes successfully in the past, but never from Sally's, usually just the grocery store products. I only want to do the bottom, because the color has worn off from when I had it done at the salon. My natural color is a very dark brown. (See?) There's a bad hair dye job in that mix, as well.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the rest, the highlights, but I know I don't want to highlight anything other than the top panel from now on. I want my hair to grow and stay healthy, atleast for a little while. My problem is going dark, I don't think I'm quite ready. I really like the highlights.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 9:19pm
your hair looks really nice.I think the color scheme really works for you IMO.If your trying to keep your healthy I would just recommend a clear protein filler from sally's.Hair gets very porous after highlights.I understand about going dark though.i just went dark from having highlights.It was a shock.My hair isnt any better right now because of the highlights,but The dark sure does look better as I'm a natural brunette too.Its alot easier for me to keep my hair healthy at its natural color.good luck
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 9:12am

NO IT WILL TURN YOUR HAIR AN UGLY SHADE OF GREEN

Do not try it, what you need is a level 6 dark blonde neutral toner, because porous hair sucks up color like a sponge, and always turns out way to dark. So you need to pick a dye that's 2 levels lighter than your target level.

Think this thru before doing ahead with it, because going back is hard and very damaging to your hair.

MsGemini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsGemini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 10:54am
I sorta figured that.. I was too scared to just try.. THANK YOU!!!

I'm aiming for the dark brown coffee color, just not the base green! So I pick two shades lighter than 'coffee', is the color I had "toner" or am I looking for something else now? Also, other parts of the hair at the back of my head are colored a dark red, will the toner cover that?

Originally posted by swede swede wrote:

NO IT WILL TURN YOUR HAIR AN UGLY SHADE OF GREEN

Do not try it, what you need is a level 6 dark blonde neutral toner, because porous hair sucks up color like a sponge, and always turns out way to dark. So you need to pick a dye that's 2 levels lighter than your target level.

Think this thru before doing ahead with it, because going back is hard and very damaging to your hair.

Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 4:39pm
i guess the toner will cover that....but the highlights r really pretty u can keep them but just deep condition
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic