Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 78>
Author
BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:49pm

Hi,  I'm Brooke.  I'm 24 and my hair is just past my shoulder blades, brown and very, very thick.  I measured the circumference in a ponytail and it's six inches.  I have a hard time finding hair accessories that will work with my hair. It's healthy and, for now, I'm letting it grow.  When I finally do cut it, I think I'll donate it to Locks of Love for a wig.  My biggest hope with this forum is to find hair accessories I can use, like barrettes.  I love the look of the hair just being pinned up with a barrette, but I can't find one that will fit my hair. 

edited after remeasuring hair thickness

Edited by BrooKiki
Verb8tim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verb8tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 12:36pm

Hi,

I'm a new member so I hope that I'm doing this the correct way.

I found this site because I'm trying to figure out what to do about my hair.  I had it cut on Wednesday and I am so depressed.  I can't bear the thought of having to live with this hair for another five years or so until it grows out.

I am on my way to see a psychologist for the first time, and I'm desperately hoping that he can help me because at this point I am literally suicidal.  I can't believe I was stupid enough to let a hairdresser cut my hair.

I am interested in hearing from those of you are trying to grow out your hair and have gone the route of extensions.  Please let me know if there is a way to get extensions without hindering regrowth of your hair.

I am located in Orange County, California and would be interested in knowing if there are any competent hairdressers in my area that do extensions.  Needless to say, when it comes to hairdressers, I am very gun shy.

I can't believe I paid someone $107 to ruin my hair.  I could have gone to a barbershop, had my head shaved, saved a lot of time and money, and had a similar result.

Help!!  I'm desperate.  I'll let you know how the counseling session goes.  Thanks!!  

Verb8tim
Jon Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 4:54pm

Hi everyone. My name is Jon, I'm 16 and I live in Ireland, I love to try new things with my hair but I'm a bit indecisive, I have almost shoulder lenght,thick,dark brown hair(well for the moment anyway) . I came here really to look for advice on my hair and how to achieve styles and to help others when I can.To the owners and moderators I'd just like to say I really love your site and it has a very refreshing atmosphere and the people here are really great too ,you're all very understanding, open and have great personalities (and hair of course). Thanks for listening

MBurney218 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBurney218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 4:30pm

TO VERB8TIM:

My name is Monique.  I read your post and hoped you dont mind if I responded.  Like you I had my hair cut.  I was trying to be cute my senior year in high school.  That was like 5 years ago and my hair sucks right now. The sides of my hair WILL NOT grow past my jawbones and the back of my hair is stuck neck length. It has been like that the past 3 or so years.  I just recently wrote here to ask for advice on how to grow your hair hair out quicker and I was referred to Mane and Tail Shampoo.  It supposedly grows your hair pretty fast.  Currently I am wearing bonded weft extensions that I did myself.  The process is easy if you have the patience.  The outcome is also good when the worl you put it your hair makes it look like your own thick and long hair.  it is currenly day 7 and my hair still looks great. The next project I am going to try is Shrinkies.  As long as you manage your carefully when you have extensions I dont believe that you will damage the chance of it growing back.

Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:05pm
Hello.  I'm a newbie.  I just joined yesterday.  I posted someplace here, but I can't seem to find it.  So just in case I want to say hello to everyone.
southerndixie17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerndixie17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:16pm

To Verb8tim & MBurney218-

I believe I recommended the Mane & Tail Shampoo - have you tried it?  As for extensions, I honestly do not recommend it!  I, personally, have never had them; but everyone I know who has had them hated them & had them removed within a two week period of getting it done.  They DO damage your hair and cause an extensive amount of breakage!  This is why I do not recommend them!  The key to success with your hair is to find that "perfect" hair stylist!  (Which sometimes seems impossible!)  Talk to different people in your area and get their opinions.  Go TALK to different stylists in your area & get their opinions - remember, advice is FREE!!!  Also, look through magazines & find hair styles you like that are the length of your hair now.  This will help ease the pain, because there are several adorable & sexy hair styles for short hair!  Do sweat - IT WILL GROW!!!

Denise

Denise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBurney218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:34pm
Thanks Dixie
southerndixie17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerndixie17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:46pm

I am human too - I have made numerous "Hair" mistakes too - I am dealing w/ one now (Seriously Bd Perm!). So, I now how frustrating it can be!!!  I am seriously thinking about straightening mine back & cutting it shorter!  My hair is mid-length (right above bra strap). This so-called "body wave" I got (turned out to be very curly), has curled my hair to be above-shoulder length - UGH!!!!  Anyways...any advice is appreciated - it can't get any worse!

Your welcome for the advice - but, like I said....your hair will grow back!

Denise
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Verb8tim Verb8tim wrote:

Hi,

I'm a new member so I hope that I'm doing this the correct way.

I found this site because I'm trying to figure out what to do about my hair.  I had it cut on Wednesday and I am so depressed.  I can't bear the thought of having to live with this hair for another five years or so until it grows out.

I am on my way to see a psychologist for the first time, and I'm desperately hoping that he can help me because at this point I am literally suicidal.  I can't believe I was stupid enough to let a hairdresser cut my hair.

I am interested in hearing from those of you are trying to grow out your hair and have gone the route of extensions.  Please let me know if there is a way to get extensions without hindering regrowth of your hair.

I am located in Orange County, California and would be interested in knowing if there are any competent hairdressers in my area that do extensions.  Needless to say, when it comes to hairdressers, I am very gun shy.

I can't believe I paid someone $107 to ruin my hair.  I could have gone to a barbershop, had my head shaved, saved a lot of time and money, and had a similar result.

Help!!  I'm desperate.  I'll let you know how the counseling session goes.  Thanks!!  

Hello.  I'm a newbie to this forum also.  I've had my share also of bad hairdressers, their sissors, chemicals, extensions, etc.  I've had many negative experiences in the past.  However after many years, I've learned that the only competent hairdresser is me, myself, and I.  I know what's best for my hair.  I've been to people who would not honor my wishes and as a result, I lost a lot of hair.  My husband would be in a rage because of it...I would be so upset.  And even 12 years before I knew him, I was going around in circles with the same issues.  I've finally got it!  I had to re-evaluate this whole "hair" thing along with trying to fit in.  I will ((NEVER)) trust anyone to my hair again.  It's been a few years now and I am doing just fine.  My hair is growing faster and healthier.  Tips from forums like these are the "BEST" way to go.  I had to stop thinking that someone else had the answer and take matters into my own hands.  It may take more work...but hey, aren't you worth it.

Your hair will grow back, and when it does, you will find more satisfaction.  No one will care more about your hair than yourself.  I'm sorry about your depression...I've been there many times.  I wish you the best.

bangxbang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangxbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 7:46pm
I just recently got a new obsession over my hair, after dyeing it jet black, I love it. Just thought ill sign up here for some tips and stuff, cause im as newbie as it goes with hair. So yea hey.

D: <3
glwitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glwitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Halo Halo wrote:

HI I just found this site thanks to Jenny.  I am in love with it.

I do not do extensions professionally.  I am a mother of three and I go to school for nursing part time.  I have also worked at different part time jobs but none of them have ever had anything to do with hair.

I have had extensions for a few years now and have tried a few different types.  I do not do them for anyone else, only on myself because I don't know what I'm doing as it is.

I started getting them because I damaged my hair bleaching it and had to cut it very short.  I have very fine thin hair that is naturally a dark blond color that I lighten. It grows very slowly and it took me about 20 years to finally get it to the length I liked while also looking healthy with blond highlights.  Then I bleached my hair myself and had to cut it all off. Very dumb and sad. I wasn't about to wait another 20 years for my own hair to grow back long so I started getting extensions.  Eventually I learned to do them on myself through trial and error.  Still I have not had any success in growing my own hair back so I am doing something wrong.  Which is why I am so glad to have found this board.

Meanwhile I have had a whole lotta fun playing with my hair over these last few years.  And I have discovered how much fun crazy colors and changing my hairstyle from short to long overnight can be.  Living in a very conservative neighborhood makes it that much more fun to confuse my neighbors.  And when I need inspiration I can go downtown into Chicago where I have seen some really amazing gorgeous creative hair extensions.

Nice to meet you all (oh and by the way my real name is Heather)  Halo is a nickname that I've given up trying to shake.

glwitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glwitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:48pm
Help, where do you go for extension or what is the lingo to use when shopping for extensions.  I am a 30+ short haired and well thin hair I am desperate, I had grown it for about three years and then I wanted a "change" so then got a "trim" and now well still waiting for the growth.  I am finsihed waiting for the last four months no growth so any information would be great....oln extensions for straight then hair on a native german female head.....help Thanks, Glo
dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 11:33pm
interesting post glwitt. Dont know anything about extensions, but Im sure others here will help you out there.
Dolcecasa
dolcecasa!
Lacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 6:21pm

Hey, My name's Lacey and i'm 17 years old.  I bought my first extensions EVER a couple days ago.  I had been lurking here for awhile but finally decided to join.  I have blonde hair w/ a major red tint due to my jet black hair dying experience.  But I just joined and thot i would introduce myself!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBurney218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:01am
Nice to meet you Lacey
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 1:04am

Hi guys! My name is deb,  I'm 23, and I'm sooo happy I found this sight.  I'm actually looking for a advice on the easiest way to grow my hair out.  I'm a natural blond (think jessica simpson blond) but over the last few years it's been every color I could think of..lol! The problem is that I currently have black hair (really, it's not as scary as it sounds) and about two inches of blond root, which in certain lights either reflect the black and look purple, or just make me look like I'm going bald. So yeah, I'm going to look around, and if anybody has any suggestions I'd really appreciate some help.  thanks!

collie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:46pm

Hola!  I'm 52 years old with long - and ever longer - hair that's all grey/white except for blonde "highlights."  I emphasize that last word with a smile, knowing the grey/white is often lighter than the  streaks!  No matter, my hair is about 3 inches below the shoulder at this writing and I have what apparently is referred to as wavy hair with broad S-curves.  I'm really interested in talking with folks with this same kind of hair and to find out how they care for it, how they dry it and how they go about air-drying/diffusing it for the best look!

This HairBoutique site, by the way, is truly wonderful and I've enjoyed many of the articles on a variety of subjects.  Nice people, all of you!

loralynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loralynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 3:33pm

Hi, my name is Loralynn, from OHio, I am 35 yrs.    I have 3 kids, all under 4 yrs, I have diar, diar, hair problems, from style to color, its funny because growing up I was the popular one with the awesome hair, Hu, they should see it now, train wreck, anyway, I have found a lot of this advice on this boad very helpful! 

I look forward to posting my problems, no one seems to be able to help, I have tried from fancy places all the way to high school classes! Thank you...             

Loralynn
loralynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loralynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 3:45pm

My hair is bright "p" yellow from our water, nothing works, not even a new tank.

Is there any advice there?

should I color it darker?  except for the yellow I like the blond color I have going.                           

Is this the spot to ask Help questions, if not where do I go?

Thanks.... 

Loralynn
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 5:10pm
Is it yellow from something in your water effecting hair color?  Or is that your natural color that is going yellow?  If its hair color, try the "hair color" board and they can help you chose a way to eliminate the yellow...and after you fix it I'd probably only wash it with bottled water.  Do you know what's in the water?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 78>
  Share Topic