Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 78>
Author
audraherbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audraherbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:37pm
Dear guys and gals, this forum is cool...

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2008 at 11:22pm
reggie54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reggie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by reggie54 reggie54 wrote:

my name is Regina, i was diagnosed with lupus in 85 started losing my hair in 89. ive always had short hair didn't know why but that was the reason. i've worn wigs and braids since i was 14yrs old now i am 54 and a friend of mine had cancer and was given 2 lace front wigs. my friends hair started to grow back after chemo. i brought the other wig from her. since i found this site. i saw something that i question my self.

i want to know the right density for my age the one i have is 100% density or medium but seems to thick. anyone have the answer i wouls appreciate it remember i am 54 but i do not want the unatural or wig look
by the way this site is great.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 7:12am
Welcome everyone! 

Reggie54, it may be difficult to get an answer in the Intro forum, if you have not already done so, you may want to try the Lace Front Wigs forum here, or the hair extensions forums (go to "forum jump" below and choose from the menu).  Welcome!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
*Mrs.Hoyle* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Mrs.Hoyle* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:44am

Hey! My name is L.H..Im from TN originally and I live now in a TINY town in Miss. that is not into the LF/LW craze yet.I am here to learn all about LF/LW's..A few friends and family members want some as well...and I want to learn as many facts as posssible. I have hair that is hard to grow and at the bottom of my ears...all different lengths.I want to cut it all to one length and start over again til I get to where it was when i was young and not perming/cutting/dying hair..which was the middle of my back. I want to give my hair a rest...learn the perfect app..find perfect units..and most of all be able to achieve the PERFECT scalp in my app!

Edited by *Mrs.Hoyle* - September 02 2008 at 1:42pm
You can't escape from life, you escape into it.

-Kitty Carlisle Hart

reggie54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reggie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:31pm
Thank you for answering my question i was happy to know i was acknowledged. it is a great site from what i read and the advice is helpful.
nstg8r777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nstg8r777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 9:01am

Hi! I just found this site and I am excited. I am looking for a new hairstyle and found a great one #24546. could someone give me styling tips on this style?Wink

BryceNeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryceNeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 1:31am
What's up everybody in HairBoutique land. I am Bryce Neo and I am here for one thing-deep dish wave information. I have had waves in my hair for a long time and had long braids before that. I am really into healthy hair and good products. It's all about taking care of yourself inside and out. Give me a holla.  C U around:)

Edited by BryceNeo - June 04 2008 at 1:33am
ArielDragonfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielDragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 4:53pm
Hi, I stumbled across your site. I'm familiar with Hair Boutique, but didn't know there was a forum.

I'm prematurely gray (first gray hair at 19; I'm almost 56) and love the silver/white color. My curly hair is losing it's curl since menopause, but of course the straighter sections aren't smooth straight -- they're frizzy straight!

I've been growing my hair for about 4½ years from a very layered pixie cut. The longest layers are now just below bra strap length. I'm trying to get it as long as it will grow and eventually all one length! When I was a child, my mother never let it get longer than mid back, so I don't know how long I'm capable of growing it, especially now that it's thinning out some. Ain't mid life grand? Now I'm taking herbal supplements and using essential oils to help bring back some of the fullness. I hope they work!

Anyway, it's great to know you guys are here. My busy life will probably prevent me from posting much, but I'll check back when I can. Big%20smile
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 9:36pm
HI ArielDragonfly,

Welcome to Hairboutique. Go to GNC for hair and Nail vitamins. It is really good. Good luck.

~~~Jackie~~~
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 9:37pm
HI ArielDragonfly,

Welcome to Hairboutique. Go to GNC for hair and Nail vitamins. It is really good. Good luck.  Tongue

~~~Jackie~~~

jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 9:39pm
HI ArielDragonfly,

Welcome to Hairboutique. Go to GNC for hair and Nail vitamins. It is really good. Good luck.  Tongue

~~~Jackie~~~

jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 9:40pm
HI ArielDragonfly,

Welcome to Hairboutique. SmileGo to GNC for hair and Nail vitamins. It is really good. Good luck. 

~~~Jackie~~~

JillR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 9:21pm
Hi everyone.  My name is Jill.  Like Mrs. Hoyle, I live in a tiny town in Ms.  I think there's a lot of those here.  I lived in Texas for 34 years before moving here.  I'm 54 and most of my hair is white/gray, maybe a little blonde.  I work in a nursing  home, and when one of the residents asked me if I was a resident, I colored my hair, as I have done many times in the past.  I used a different product that was supposed to blend 3 tones of blonde--making it look more natural.  Instead, it turned orange!  I've tried recoloring it with the light ash blonde product I've always used over the past 6 months, but now everything turns it orange, even the new growth.  I'm embarrassed to be seen in public.  My hair is short, and there's not much to cut off.  I'm looking for suggestions.  I think I found one in the color section.

Otherwise, it's going to be a long time until it grows out.

Jill
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 7:22am

Hi My name is jackie

Welcome JillR to Hair Boutique

Edited by jackie23 - June 16 2008 at 10:33am

lacedaija View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacedaija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 9:05am
Starhi, my name is amanda.i have been tryin to get in the lace wig business.   911 HELP?????
lacewig
dothdamnthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 2:32pm
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  Wat up newbees wat crackin from the midwest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 11:22pm
 cheers Celtics 131 violent Lakers 92
Tracy_hhww View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy_hhww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 12:29pm
Hi All,

I have naturally curly brown hair with brown and gold highlights. I started coloring my hair about three years ago to remove the gold and add more red. I use a demi (semi-permanent) color treatment every 4-6 weeks. My hair is very porace, extremely thick, forms locks, and shoulder length.

As we all know curly haired people try the most hair products out there. I don't know about you guys but once I find one that works for my hair the manufacturers discontinue it - go figure.

I was really pleased to read the articles about short curly hair-cuts and tips on coloring curly hair. I felt lucky my color treatments have been done correvtly. I have recently moved from Chicago (high humidity) to Colorado (no humidity), so I need lots of advice on the right shampoos and hair-cuts to use for out here.

Have a great day!

Edited by Tracy_hhww - June 18 2008 at 12:30pm
Regards,
Tracy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 6:16pm
 Buy a Shampoo for curly hair something known like Panteen or Infusion 23 Gray bottle
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 1:52am
I agree with dothdamnthang.  Panteen for natural and relaxing hair.  Its says moisturizing.  I use this for my self and daugher who have natural hair. There is a new one out too.  I saw it at Walmart in a white bottle.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 78>
  Share Topic