Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 78>
Author
loralynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loralynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:57pm

Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

Is it yellow from something in your water effecting hair color?  Or is that your natural color that is going yellow?  If its hair color, try the "hair color" board and they can help you chose a way to eliminate the yellow...and after you fix it I'd probably only wash it with bottled water.  Do you know what's in the water?

Hi, it is yellow from to much Iron in our water, and my husband put in a new softner tank for salt and it does not help.

I am using bottled water now, but it is still yellow.. Thanks....

Loralynn
loralynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loralynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:59pm

Hi,

It is yellow from to much Iron in our water, my husband bought a new softner tank and it does not help, (the salt?) anyway I use bottle water now but the yellow is still there, and I tried Malibu and it does not help, should I cut it out, or can I color over it?

Loralynn
Kimbers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 1:44pm
hi there,
i had great lengths extensions done while i was on holiday in South Africa,, because it was half the cost of what it is here in the USA. I live in Seattle, and googled a search for info on extension choices, and came across this wonderful site,,, I have been reading everything on here for 3 days, and I have learnt an enormous amount,, I am still trying to decide what method I am going to use for my next lot of extensions,, and I am also trying to find someone locally that is not going to rip me off,,, a local salon wanted $300 for 25 bundles of great lengths hair,, and i would need about 5 bundles,, my hair is very fine, and I don't have a lot of it, so I continue my search to find the best method for my hair,,
I am very happy to have found this forum, thank you for all the great info,, I did find someone on there called boogiemama, that looks like she knows what she is doing,,
all the best
Carpe dieme
Chamomilebetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chamomilebetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 2:04pm
Hi everyone.

I have been a vistor of the HB since 1999 and a lurker on message boards for the last 3 years.
I spend most my time on the Long Hair Care boards and thought it was finally time to introduce myself here.

My hair is right below BS and is a med blonde naturally but I color a light golden color. I also have long layers. My long term goal I have is to hit Waist length sometime this comming Spring.
Betty
Light Golden Blonde
20 1/2 - 26 1/4 - 30
2abMCii/iii

Rekal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rekal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 7:00am

Hi everyone

I've just caught on to this site and look forward to checking it out , the whole hairstyling thing is a nightmare to me especially a visit to the hairdressers wich usually leaves me depressed and not very happy as they never do my hair the way I want it, even if I take pics for them to see what I want, my hair still ends up a shorter version of what it was like when I came in - so depressing . I end up having to try and get it the way I want myself so hoping to pick up a few tips here unless anyone in London UK knows a really really good hairdresser ?

Di 

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 8:16am

Originally posted by Chamomilebetty Chamomilebetty wrote:

Hi everyone.

I have been a vistor of the HB since 1999 and a lurker on message boards for the last 3 years.
I spend most my time on the Long Hair Care boards and thought it was finally time to introduce myself here.

My hair is right below BS and is a med blonde naturally but I color a light golden color. I also have long layers. My long term goal I have is to hit Waist length sometime this comming Spring.

Hi Chamomilebetty,

Thanks for your long time visits to HB.com.  We appreciate it very much.  And thanks for introducing yourself here in this forum.  I am sure the Long Hair forum board folks here at HairTalk will enjoy hearing about your growing out process.  Please keep us informed of your progress.

Best wishes & welcome,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
NIKKI 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIKKI 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 2:21pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Nikki and I am a newbie here. I came across this site while I was trying to look up the products Tracee Ellis Ross uses.

Of course, I coundn't find it ANYWHERE on the web. It must be top secret.

Anyway, I am of African American, Asian, Irish and Native decent.

My hair is long and full. I fiqured that this would be a great site to get some good advice on how to tame this nest!

Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 11:05am

Hello, my name is carol. I am really happy to have found this site. I am looking forward to seeing what you laddies have to share as well as sharing my own hair experiences.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by hiaphia hiaphia wrote:

Hello, my name is carol. I am really happy to have found this site. I am looking forward to seeing what you laddies have to share as well as sharing my own hair experiences.

Welcome Carol.  I hope you stop by and post often. 

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
opiela_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opiela_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

Hello everyone!  This site is so great.  I love to talk about hair and learn new things.  I am new to this site as of today and I would like to tell a little about  myself.  I am a 25 year old african-american female.  I have very long, (like waist length) black hair that is naturally curly. I normally wear my hair flat ironed straight becuase it's easier but now i am wearing it curlier because I want to give it a rest and because the humidity of the summer won't allow me to go straight.  My hair always goes curly in humid or wet weather.

I used to have a relaxer like five years ago but I grew it out and I will never go back to one.  My hair has been so much healthier and grown so much longer.  When my hair is in it's curly state it looks much like Tracee Ellis Ross on the show girlfriends (Diana Ross's daughter).  Do you all know her?  My hair is so like hers except longer.  When I wear it straight it looks like Aaliyah's hair did.  I am obsessed with celebrity hair!

I love to try out new products also.  I have a lot of products that are really good if anyone is interested.  One of my favorite shampoo's is creme of nature.  I swear by that stuff.  It makes my hair so silky and easier to comb through and you don't even need a conditioner but I still use one.

Well, I'm gonna go now.  I could probably talk about this stuff all day but I guess i'll save some for later.

Jackie
opiela_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opiela_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 4:03pm
Hi, I was wondering while you let your hair grow out from using relaxers what did you do to keep it straighten.  When you have the new growth and the relaxed hair how did you keep your hair from breakage.  I would love to let my hair grow out and not use relaxers.  What other products do you use?  You use creme of nature shampoo.  What type of conditioner do you use?  I am much older than you but would like for my hair to grow long and healthy. 
Jackie
beccat32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beccat32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 1:44pm

Hey y'all. My name is Becca-I live in southeast Texas. Those of you that know the area, know the humidity and the havoc it wreaks on your hair. I am always looking for ways to experiment with my hair. I am glad to have found this board and look forward to sharing knowledge and ideas.

priscilla7424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priscilla7424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 7:20pm
hello all I am a newbie to this site  I am currently in the process of trying to grow my hair to bra strap.. I have decide no more relaxers for me ..I am still trying to find the best hair regime I do however take hair vitamins I try the baggie method and also deep condition weekly but as of yesturday I have went back to a weave but this time I will take care of my hair while wearing one .Anyone have any suggestions for how to ..I also just order a bottle of mtg and will soon order some surge I have read many reviews from this site and LhCF so I decided to give them a try will keep you up to date with the results..looking forward to reading all the tips and suggestions on the site
lildoll56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildoll56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 10:37am
Greetings everyone

My name is Vaneika I live in Chicago and I am growing out my relaxer. The reason I am doing that is because I never have seen my hair without one or I just don't remember. I don't even have many baby pictures to see it. I also feel that hair is something you should change without any regrets or anything. It will grow back so use weave, braids, colors anything to get through the hard times. I personally am horrible about taking care of my hair. I know what I should do but I never do it. So I will love some more suggestions on what I should be doing to my hair during this transition period and beyond. Thanks.
fitz_ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitz_ella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:10am
Hello everyone!
I just found this site and registered, and was hoping someone could give me some advice. If I'm posting in the wrong place, let me know!

My hair is naturally a very light brown colour but I've been dyeing it quite blonde for the last couple of years using Feria. I wanted to go about half a shade darker (still quite blonde, but just not AS blonde as I was), and thought I would go to a salon. Big mistake. The woman who did my hair was really mean, didn't show me any hair colour samples, and said she would give me a light caramel base. My hair is now dark red on top and brown on the bottom!!!! She gave me a "roostertail shampoo" to lighten the colour she'd done, but it's still very dark.

Can I just buy another drug store dye, in the shade that I want (blonde), and dye overtop of this brown/red mess? I'm worried that my hair might be really orange on top because of the red colour and then maybe turn green on the bottom!
I can't really afford to go to another salon so I was hoping to find a home solution, and also hoping I don't have to wait for my hair to grow out (it's a few inches down my back).

Does anyone have any advice for me?
queentcato1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queentcato1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 8:38am

Hi all,

I just want to say that i have been on this site a few times and i admire you ladies and maybe gentalmen's honesty. it is very welcoming. I have 3 children, and i am currently a nursing assistant working on my associates in criminal justice.

Question_ what is weft? I do my own hair and I am very good at braiding any type, weaving (glue or sewing), but i have never heard of wefting or any of the other kinds of extensions. so help me out.

Thanks a bunch!

"you only get one life, so live it to the fullest."
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 4:25pm
Hey everybody- my name's Lindsay, i'm from West Virginia and i'm getting ready to start my freshman year of college in January and i'm thinking about getting hair extensions. I've been seeing them alot on tv and i really am considering getting them for a new look for college. I have dark brown, shoulder length hair now and i would absolutely love to have blonde hair. i've had highlihgts before and of course, they always turn orange after a while.. my mom does my hair because she used to be a stylist a few years ago but quit. i know that she probably won't do them for me because she always talks about "oh, this and this will damage your hair and it will break off" so i guess i'm going to have to go and get it done at the ol' beautyshop but i'm really scared to go to one because my mom has always done my hair. I've been looking at some pictures posted and on some websites and i've definatly decided i want really loose curls and i want my hair to be right below my boobs *haha* but i was just wondering if someone could hook me up with the 411 about hair extensions and give me more information than these websites do...
        I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these hair colors where it's like white/blonde on top and black underneath (like christina agulera used to have hers when she was going through that weird stage)... but i don't know about the colors and stuff on my hair because i haven't really had anything THAT dramatic done or anything and i don't want to go to class the first day and be like "hey! look at my hair- it makes you want to stare at me! i'm a big fake bimbo" or something ya know? i want to go somewhere that won't be very expensive or nothing. but anyway- somebody gimme a holla!!

<3/
                   Lovely Lindsay
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
bald_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bald_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 4:34pm

Hi all!  Seems like a cool message board.  I've had several different hairstyles -- been a redhead, brunette, and a blondie.  I've had very long hair, shaved my head bald, and had several different hairstyles inbetween.  I've had a flat top (that is so sexy on women!)  and I'm going for an inverted bob next.  :) 

Kat

www.KatSurth.com
cocoabrown26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoabrown26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:36pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I look forward to getting some good hair advice and to hopefully give some. I am a licsensed cosmetologist, and I have been for 10 years. I've done hair on and off for that long. But now I'm just  looking for new techniques, and some help for my own hair.  So I look forward to chatting with yall again soon!!

Seth E.Stienman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth E.Stienman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 6:02am
Hello my name is Seth and I'm an aspiring hairstylist and med school dropout. I am origioanlly from Pakistan buy I have since imigrated to the United state and converted to Judiism. I am intereste in body hair sculpture. I was blessed with an extrodinary amount of body hair and have had ample amount of time to hone my craft. Are there any other body hair disigners here?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 78>
  Share Topic