Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 78>
Author
jaspreet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2013 at 2:51am
I am Jaspreet Kaur from Chandigarh, India.I liked to be on this website. I got good knowledge about hair on this website.
changed4Him View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changed4Him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 12:26pm
Hi! I moved recently to NWI (North West Indiana) and in need of hairdresser with 10+ years with Wave Nouveau. I get larger rods like orange and purple mixed to create a natural looking body wave. My hair is shoulder length. If you know of an established hairdresser that is creative and flexible please let me know ASAP.
Be blessed!
Kingshady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingshady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 4:34pm
What type of brush do you use and prefer?

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 04 2013 at 11:03pm
-Sea sick got your girl spinning all up in our mix.
-That Swirl makes nausea Hurl.
-ELITE ELITE ELITE!!!!
Starting5 Lineup
*THATshootCRAY*
*SOUTHERNBOI95*
*SWAGGARICHARDS*
*DJPACIFIC*
*KTD*
katielocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 11:39am
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm glad to be here.
I adore long hair. I'm now on a journey and have made my commitment to have long hair.

I don't know all the abbreviations, I did see a link to that but I think I'm at BSL and my goal for now is WL. My hair grows quickly. At the end of 2010 it was a little more than shoulder length.

By my Avatar can you tell me your honest opinion of my hair.

I do not use heat at all on my hair. I CO every other washing and I only wash my hair once a week. I do use oils, everyday and night. The only bad thing I do, that I'm aware of is I color my hair.

I use a semi-permanent color. The last product I used has no ammonia or peroxide. I have been studying up on henna but hope to learn more about that in the future. I only color every 3 months but I do not like the gray that is coming in at crown and temples. If it were not for this I would not color my hair.

I always loved the color of my own natural hair. I admire other shades but have never been unhappy with my own. Any advice, I would appreciate and I thank you.

Long hair has become my passion & I want to learn from fellow lovers of long hair, all that I can.

I STARTED KATIE'S HAIR JOURNAL AT,
talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=72368

Edited by katielocks - February 20 2013 at 6:52pm
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 12:06pm
Hi, Katie! I think your hair looks terrific. I've loved long hair all my life and worn it as such for most of it. I'm no expert on coloring, but I think you're in the right place.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 12:15pm
Thanks Ricc and I hope you don't mind I added you to my buddy list.   

If I'm ever doing anything not ethical on this site, will you let me know.

It will be so much fun to share.

Do you trim your hair much and what length are you at.

You're my first buddy    

Edited by katielocks - February 17 2013 at 12:58pm
hi_crossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi_crossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 7:28pm
null

Edited by hi_crossy - January 04 2015 at 1:19pm
abc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 10:16pm
Thank you very much.

Your hair looks lovely & hugs right back to you, Sadnya.   

This is so exciting to find so many people who have a common love of long hair & I have already found this site very helpful.

Thanks for making me feel welcome. I appreciate your kindness.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 6:55am
Hi Katie,

So glad to see another long hair lover here on HairTalk.  My own hair is hip length and I've been wearing it long since the 1980s.  Can't wait to see your posts.  Let me know if we can help in any way.  Have a great week.

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 18 2013 at 6:56am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 9:24am
Hi Karen, do you have pictures of your hip length hair?

I had longer hair than I do now, but not quite waist length but had it cut to above shoulders in the 80's. I lit a gas stove and the pilot light had been on and it exploded. I jumped in shower, clothes and all. Large chunks of my hair just came off in my hands and I singed my eyebrows.

I was so lucky that I did not burn my skin. Then I got use to it shoulder length or gave up on growing it out.

All that has changed. I had a revelation. I love the look and feeling of long hair & hope to have it for the rest of my days.

I really can't imagine hip length but once I get to waist length maybe I can visualize it better

Thank you for the welcome and I did post under hair journal, Katie's Hair Journal. Please tell me what you think of my hair. Do you think it needs a trim or whatever. I really welcome any suggestions as I would like to have the best hair I can.

One more thing, when I have my journal and want to add to it, do I edit it or just a quick post? I hate to tell you how many times I tried to edit it to add more info and lost my pictures.

Thanks again & I hope you have a great weekend!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 9:41am
Hi Katie....

So sorry to hear about your gas stove incident.  How scary that must have been.  It scares me just hearing about it.

If you Google Karen Marie Shelton there are several photos of my hair over the years.

Or you can see if from 20011 at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/articles.php?f=tip000748.htm

It hasn't changed much over the past few years so I don't take many new photos, but it is still hip length in spite of the bad highlights I received in December of 2012 from my long time color expert.

I have been wearing jojoba oil in my hair non-stop and it's recovering nicely. 

I will look at your hair and let you know some ideas. 

Have a great Monday. 

As far as your Hair Journal...you can just add to your original post.  If you would like a real blog here let me know and I can look into setting you up with one of our WordPress Blogs for ease of use.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 10:01am
Can't wait to see your hair

I use jojoba oil on my hair during the day. I love this oil.

At night I use coconut oil , usually. Sometimes olive oil.

Before I color my hair, day before, I deep condition. Last time I used Moroccan Argan, I think that's how you spell it, and it worked nicely.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 10:12am
Hi Katie...

Can't miss my hair.  It's all over the Internet.  LOL.

Coconut is too heavy for my hair as is the Argan.  Jojoba is my best oil followed by almond and sesame. 

Glad to hear the Argan works for you.  With all the brands selling it now it's become much better priced than in the past.

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 18 2013 at 10:12am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 10:40am
I have never tried the almond or sesame. I will have to put them on my list. I only use very small amounts of the oils and I should have mentioned, never at my roots or I would be a greasy mess.

I only massage scalp with some of these oils before coloring.

I too, find that I can use the jojoba oil much more freely than the others as it's light. I saw someone mention they use Rosemary oil. Have you ever tried that?

I grow a lot of herbs and rosemary is one of them.

I hope I'm not bombarding you with mail, I'll try to control myself, but I'm so excited. Hair talk does this to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 10:56am
OMG, YOU're not only famous but beautiful, too

I love your hair. Now I know I want really long hair.

Well I better get something done today but I'm so glad to have met you & I feel like I have a mentor or hair guru & I will appreciate any knowledge you choose to share.

Thanks for everything
MamaNat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaNat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 4:42pm
Hi All!

Excited to join and check out all the tips. Looks like there's alot of info here!

My name is Natalie, I'm a mommy of a 2 year old and I love to play with my look to try and stay out of a mom rut. I also am involved with a new free iPhone app called 77looks that helps women find great tutorials and how-to videos from beauty gurus around the web!

I look forward to learning from the expertise of you all.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 29 2013 at 7:05am
ndgnkgveghrju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndgnkgveghrju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 12:29am

Nice to meet everyone here.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 01 2013 at 5:41am
htddubai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htddubai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 4:32am
I am new to this forum hope the stay will remain cool
mahalia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahalia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hi everyone, newbies and otherwise!

Let's post our introductions in this thread (which I've made a "sticky") so that we can actually have a conversation upon your welcome.  (It seems lots of newbies post "hi" messages to which there are no or few replies, and that ain't right).

So, introduce yourself here, and tell us all a bit about your preferences, thoughts and opinions on hair -- and of course, be sure to let us know a bit about your own hair.

Mahalia1
mahalia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahalia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 9:50am

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled on this site while researching hair extensions; glad I took the time to become a member.  I am not a stylist; but rather a consumer.  I have worn braids, sew-ins, and quick weaves which is the faze I am still in simply because it is convenient and I can do them myself; which saves me lots of cash!  I guess my main objective is to learn more about caring for my natural hair (which grows beautifully) when I am wearing weave; but then falls out immediately when I wear my natural hair.
I am also interested in finding out how to stop the ITCH associated with wearning weave, particularily glue-ins.  My scalp gets so irritated that I swear I am never putting another weave in....that doesn't last long!  Anyway, glad to be a member, and welcome any helpful advice....thanksBig%20smile
Mahalia1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 78>
  Share Topic