Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To dye, or not to dye..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stephanieann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To dye, or not to dye..
    Posted: June 05 2005 at 4:31pm

okey dokey...

my hair is to the middle of my back, and it's fine. I'm 15 years old, and i've had my hair dyed a lot in the past because i hate my natural color. It's like a light brown, but somewhat blonde, but it looks really "wishy-washy"..like it's not bold, it doesn't have any "umph!" in it, know what i mean? So, my eyebrows are liek a darker brown, so i decided to dye my hair darker so i wouldn't look like an idiot or anything. So, in the past three years i've had, light brown, dark brown, and black. I've also had red adn blonde highlights for  a while.

A while ago i decided i was going to let my natural color grow all the way back, so that when i dyed it, red and blonde wouldn't show through. Right now about 2-3 inches of my natural color is back, it's not extremely noticiable, but it's there. I'm basically chickenning out of my idea of letting it all grow out, should i let it grow out or just dye over it, i'm thinking about just keeping it dark brown, but a rich brown.

Oh! And also I was wondering about a procedure that takes out the previous dye you've had in your hair..does it exist? If so, is it hard on your hair? I just hate dying my hair but seeing other colors hiding in it still. I would ramble more, but the lights are flickering and its raining out...could anyone give me some advice?

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 9:06pm
Colorfix will remove the dye from your hair. It is easier on your hair than bleaching, the alternative. The problem for you is that to make any changes, you're going to have to use different processes to get the same results on previously colored hair and virgin hair. You'd be better off doing this change at a salon and then doing the maintenance yourself thereafter.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic