Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expensive purses....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expensive purses....
    Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:38pm
What do you all think about buying expensive purses such as Coach, Luis Vaton, Gucci, and so on? 
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:57pm
I think it depends on how often you change your bag and your personal style. I like to have one current designer bag on hand always.
sweet like honey!
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 7:09pm
Personally, I love designer handbags.  I don't change often (like to get my $$$$'s worth of wear out of them ) so my husband buys me one each year. Currently, I'm carrying a Louis Vuitton, but will be looking for something new by Christmas time....
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:49pm

I personally love Coach bags.  I have 3 right now.  I think...why not splurge on a purse?  Its perfectly normal for a woman to spend 100 or more on one outfit and only wear it once...so why not splurge on something you carry everyday!?

Amber

Edited by AmberJune
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 7:08am

I love the Dooney & Bourke bucket bag!  I have to admit though that I'd never spend that much on a purse.  I will, however, spend $30 on a "replica".    LOL.

Hey Amber... if you're still in WV and ever come up to Morgantown there's a place that sells replicas.  Haven't been there myself yet but I've heard they have a great selection of DB and LV... also replica jewlery.  PM me and I'll tell you what I know if you're interested.

Becky

Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 9:35am
I love Coach Bags, they last forever  and they never go out of style. I would much rather spend money on a designer purse that will be in style next year than an outfit that will not be. I'm a purse junkie anyway.
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by rrobey rrobey wrote:

I love the Dooney & Bourke bucket bag!  I have to admit though that I'd never spend that much on a purse.  I will, however, spend $30 on a "replica".    LOL.

Hey Amber... if you're still in WV and ever come up to Morgantown there's a place that sells replicas.  Haven't been there myself yet but I've heard they have a great selection of DB and LV... also replica jewlery.  PM me and I'll tell you what I know if you're interested.

Becky

Sure ... Thanks!

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:34am

Oh, I love handbags! I´ll happily spend 100 dollars (or the equivalent) on a really good bag - however, I´m not label conscious at all. I want the proper function for what I´m going to use it for, and quality.

My favourite summer vacation bag is an Arnton bag from England, it is made of washable canvas, is easy to carry all day in the heat and I´ve had it for almost 20 years - it still looks as good. This bag appears in a James Bond movie, even, in Licence to Kill Carey Lowell takes a bag with money to a guru at a meditation center, and the bag is: an Arnton bag. Slightly larger than mine.

My favourite winter bag is a black leather Unica by Miramare (anyone ever heard of it?), it cost me 99 brittish pounds on New Bond Street in 1995, and has room for most things I need. It has a wonderful suede lining.

I´ve seen the ads for Coach bags. They look like something I would like, but I´d have to travel somewhere to find one, that´s for sure!

Edited by Viktoria
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
28inchhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 28inchhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:11am
I love purses, i have the LV monogram colorful pochette, and the city bag....and a coach!!
currently 22 inches of hair from hairline to ends but i aspire to be 28 inches from hair line to ends in at least a year....currently relaxed 3c
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:58am
Coach bags are wonderful, they are multistyled. Can be very casul, sporty and yet perfect to take with you on a night out on the town. I'm a huge fan of laptop bags for some reason. :) hehehehe
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:34am

Originally posted by Jade30 Jade30 wrote:

Coach bags are wonderful, they are multistyled. Can be very casul, sporty and yet perfect to take with you on a night out on the town. I'm a huge fan of laptop bags for some reason. :) hehehehe

Yes, thats why I own 4 and plan to have many more in years to come hehehe

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:30pm
im into purses and wallets now. wallets cos they're wayy cheaper than the big handbags and since im a broke college student ...............yeah so i recently bought a fendi wallet and a prada wallet too. i dont mind carrying them in my $10 bags
muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:43am
well why dont we talk BOOTLEGGS lol because right now people cant even tell if its real of not.. personally i dont own any bootleggs, i have a fendi and a coach.. but i have seen identical ones as the real things and i wouldnt mind having one of those around.  as long as they are roomy since im always carrying around a video cam, my digi cam, notebooks, cds, flyers ect
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 8:25am

Mmmmm Coach.

My brother of all people got me hooked when he bought one for me about 8 years ago.  They're classicly styled, they never wear out and the leather only gets more beautiful with use.  They're addictive though, so are the wallets!  I recently sold about 5 of my Coach purses on eBay to make room for new ones. 

mandabear324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandabear324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 11:51am
I love Coach & Kate Spade.  They are both made well and oh so cute!
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:49am

i have a real gucci bag (classic style def. worth the money)

and another really expensive swiss designer bag (the most stylish bag ever)

but im happy i bought a fake LV bag (the speedy bag in black with the multi color LV) because everyone wears the fake ones so im really tired of this multi color LV bags im happy i didnt spend thousands for this one lol

i love cheaper bags too the babyphat bags are cute

Edited by aimee
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 6:55pm
I really want a HOBO bag, the one with the dark brown leather, and the pretty pink inside. My sister has it, and I am so jealous! That might be something I have to splurge on.

Edited by ChelseaB
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 3:38pm

I own a Coach purse. It's small, black, and goes great with every outfit. It's the "perfect" purse that everyone should own.

However, there are plenty of other small, black purses that go great with every outfit. The Coach label doesn't mean that this is the one to own. (by the way, I got it for my 18th birthday from a cousin who used to work at Coach)

I own a lot of no name purses that are just too cute to pass up, including a nice little pink one with the Hello Kitty logo... I am a Hello Kitty addict! Never paid more than thirty dollars for a purse, but I'm sure that if I would have seen the Coach I own now I might have bought it if I had the money, or a purse similar to it if I had fallen in love with it.

I don't personally have a problem with "fakes" either. I just don't own any becuase I dont like the look of most "designer" bags, Such as LV and D&B. 

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 6:42pm
I think expensive handbags are totally worth it, if that's want you want, I'm still in school but when I can afford them I will buy some. I don't have a problem with fakes though, I would splash out on classic monogram but the fad-ish ones like the white LV I would simply get a fake, I wouldn't mind a fake Balenciaga or Chloe Silverado because they aren't as common as the LV bags!
ISpeaksFacts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISpeaksFacts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:52pm

My mom, sister, and I have loads of Coach purses!  They're great purses and they last for a long time!  We only purchase the classic ones so that you can carry these forever!  I recently purchased a Juicy Couture purse, and I happen to LOVE these bags!  I will be purchasing more bags from them in the future!

"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic