Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What make a great handbag?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What make a great handbag?
    Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:53am

I love handbags, and for years I was searching for the ultimate one. I always thought it would be a shoulder bag, but to my surprise, it turned out to be an oldfashioned hand-held granny-like purse! It has room for my wallet, a beautybag, a camera, a book and a scarf. And my hair never gets caught under it. If it was any bigger it would qualify as a tote, I imagine. And it´s black - goes with everything. I´ve had it for 10 years.

What do you require from an every-day bag? I´d be really curious to know!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:56pm
I'm really bad....I have like a million purses...and I like each one to match my outfit...hahahaha!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 12:37pm

My husband calls me the bag lady. :P

I like big bags because I have soooo much stuff that I take with me everywhere.  heehhe

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:55am
I'm with AmberJune, gotta have a bag to go with everything, AND I'm with Jade30, I'm one of those "just in case" kinda people so I take a lil of this and a lil of that, and it has got to be big enough to fit at least one book, two if I'm close to finishing the current one. It's sad I know .
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
sandieman27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandieman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 1:39pm
The outfit makes the purse and personality makes the outfit.....they all go hand in hand!!
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:09pm

I love handbags as well, I have more then I can count! My birthday is on the 24th and I just got this bag sent all the way from London! My friend there sent me this Armani bag for my birthday, its small but not too small, pricey and very cute, a nice addition to my collection. I also like to match my bag with my outfit that includes my shoes sometimes. I think everyone should have a nice black bag that can go with almost everything.

ISpeaksFacts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISpeaksFacts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:56pm

I'm a BIG purse freak !!!  I love a new purse!  I like extra large purses!  I carry small to medium bags sometimes, but I'm ALWAYS looking for the biggest purse!

"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:15am

I wouldn't know what to do with a big purse-- usually all I have in mine is a wallet and sunglasses.  Sometimes there's a pen, sometimes a measuring tape, maybe a lipgloss, but that's about it.

The purses I have are all small.  I prefer them to have a shoulder strap, but I can live with just short handles.  I like them to have some sort of closure at the top (a zip, snap, flap, just something so people can't reach in at will), and I like them to be sturdy, but those are about my only requirements.  *shrugs*

More awesome than a manatee!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 9:08pm
I want the impossible:  a little one that has a magical huge storage capacity!  I like the look of smaller bags but unfortunately, by the time I get a sunglasses case (to switch off and on with regular glasses), wallet, small cosmetics bag (lipstick, chapstick, nail file, couple of female pads, toothbrush, floss, and tissues), small appointment book, very small notebook for writing notes, a couple of pens, keys, mobile phone, and small bottle of hand lotion or sunscreen, depending on the season, in the bag, I've gone beyond what a small purse can hold.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 12:46pm
i think enohg, but not too much place and many practical pockets
and the fact this is a summer and winter bag, and you can wear it on jeans and at work. I am quite demanding, a?   
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:50pm
So i'm not the only purse/bag maniac out there. phew my husband suggested it sign up to handbags annonymous. lol. i love me some purses. i say every purse has a personality and function. feels great to have a handbag brotherhood. hee hee
lisalinville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisalinville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 5:30pm
i have so many purses  and still unhappy with all mine  i cant seem to find one that i like 
Micheal137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micheal137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2009 at 12:32am
i have only 3 handbags, two big ones, one small one. i just bought the small one from online store eluxsquare last week, it is brown. replica Chanel, only cost me $15. i think it is nice and worthy the money.
tiatessman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiatessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 7:44am
I am very crazy for handbags.. Handbags really can make a girl feel special and they help to create a look.. Women are crazy for bags and purse because these extravagant purses are  to make them seem richer, have high class, and feel like a celebrity.. Bags are indispensable accessories especially during the day, when women have to keep all the things they need, in one place..

Glass Of Venice
thomas520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 2:23am
This is really a crazy idea, huh, huh
my name is thomas sabo .
brianbestwish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianbestwish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 7:33pm
My "everyday bag" consists of several car batteries soldered to a Mac Pro held to my back via bungee cords, as well as a secured table on my chest as a place to place the 30" display(s)
soBeautyFull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soBeautyFull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 1:05am
Collecting of bags is one of my favorite thing to do because it will add another fashion to your dress that you wear.
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 11:05am
My current everyday bag is an across the body Coach bag that I manage to fit quite a bit - sunglass case, makeup pouch, wallet, calendar, and some other items. I love it mainly because it allows my hands to be free. Sometimes I will use a large shoulder bag, but thats only if I'm too lazy to switch after the weekend.
soBeautyFull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soBeautyFull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 1:28am
In fashion, the perfect handbags are something that is essential, yet
elusive. It should at once be a fashion statement, but not too gaudy or
garish, and definitely not simply one of the season's passing trends.

Edited by Administrator - June 26 2012 at 10:00am
Mightykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mightykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 9:18am
I have a leather bag collection, I love the quality and they are durable!

Edited by Mightykid - August 12 2012 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic