Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap makeup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap makeup
    Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:08pm

I've found out that eBay is the home of cheap makeup.  You can get drugstore type lipsticks at a dollar apiece if you buy several at a time.  You can get fancy designer lipsticks for about $4-5 apiece.  You can get big makeup kits for $10-$15.  You can go to a department store and explore what you want, write down the product names, then go home and buy it all cheaper.

Several things you should not get:  Any makeup not guaranteed as new, that is never used for general use or as a tester.  Samples.  Make sure the makeup is guaranteed to be full size.  May Kay samples, in particular, are usually so small and so dried out they are only fit for the garbage.  Mascara--it has a short shelf life and that is likely to have expired. 

But other than that--granted, I've bought a few lipsticks I had to throw out because they smelled weird, but at a dollar apiece, and with the savings I've gotten on other items, eBay has been worthwhile.

Fran

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 12:30pm

That is so COOL.  I was going to say that WetNWild lipsticks totally rock.  $1.99  The colors are great, they smell great, the colors last.  The eye pencils rock too.  $.99 they are every bit as good as the $25 ones from the department store.

I buy La Mer products on ebay though.  Otherwise I'd have to go without because $200 face cream is a f-ing joke!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic