Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curling shampoos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
veggie_gurl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veggie_gurl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curling shampoos
    Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:23pm
hey, people im having a dilemma about curling shampoos. do they work? i know they dont work like a charm, but i want them to give me natural looking waves. does anyone have any suggested curling shampoos?
eat more veggies,love your pets
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 11:07pm
I just tried that new wash and curl shampoo and it made my hair straighter lol
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 2:08am

Haven't used it on my own, but from what I've been told, Wash and Curl just kinda makes your hair stiff so it'll hold the curl, I think.  You're supposed to curl your own hair, it doesn't curl up on its own.

More awesome than a manatee!
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 5:42pm
do any curl shampoos work on hair that's stick straight to make it curly?
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:53pm
From my experience, they don't really make much of a difference. I have naturally curly hair and at most it makes some of my curls less frizzy and slightly more defined. But, I'm certain they can't make straight hair curly and are mostly intended to enhance natural and permed curls. 
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 5:13pm
Hey!
I've got naturally curly hair and I've been using Loreal's Elasto curl shampoo and treatment. I was also using their curl defining cream. I loved the range. It really made my curls softer and bouncier and less frizzy. I'm not sure about whether it would work on straight hair but it might. I also think that maybe you could try a volumising shampoo so that the hair is thicker and a little bouncier. That should make it hold a curl better when you style it.
A friend of mine had really fine straight hair so we used hot rollers in it. It didn't hold that well but I think it would have if we had used more product (probably a firm hold mousse) or if we had used regular rollers and let it dry like that.
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic