Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-tipping results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-tipping results
    Posted: June 13 2005 at 4:45pm

Hey, I just spent the last 2 hours experiementing with pretipping.  Here is what I found out.

Regular hot glue from a High Temp glue gun is easy to work with, but if you are using shrinkies, the glue melts and then oozzes (sp?) out the top and the bottom.  I used a ceremic tile and faned out some hair and squirted glue on the ends, then took a plastic spoon and pushed it thru and up, then when cooled, I fliped and did the same thing.  I then took sissors and timed top and sides, then took nail clippers to make them small enough to fit into shrinkies.  They were nice and flat.  But the melting into the hair would become quite a problem.

I then tried epoxy, and that works great also and it does not melt when shrinking the shrinkie.  Little more difficult to work with as I bought 5 min. epoxy, I might go out and get 20-30 min set. 

I lastly tried craft glue, it also does not melt when heating the shrinkie, but the down side is it takes a while to cure.  I even tried using my heat gun(for stamping) to speed up the process to make it more tacky so I could roll it, but I just ended up with glue fingers!!!

I am looking into McGivering a hanging rack to hang the strands while the dry and become tacky enough to roll.

My hubby is going to come home and wonder what the heck I have been doing all day, I am covered in hair and glue.

I have not put any nail glue onto any of the tips, do you think it is necessary???

Does anyone have any good ideas about working with bulk hair???? I feel that I am getting it all over the place and wasting so much!!

Thanks

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 7:13pm
As to working with BUlk hair.  Tie it down tight at one end, very very close tot he end. Very very tight.  I use a rubber band.  then snip off only the part that you need for that tip.  you lose a little length but you don't lose bulk...
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:09am
I have learned from this board that it is best to finish pretips with nailglue. So when you take out the pretips, they stay intact. It's working good for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic