Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight hair best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight hair best?
    Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:14pm
Since I am going to be embarking upon the extensions soon, I was wondering what is the best hair type for extensions.  Most of the girls on here look like they have super straight hair...even if it is baby fine like mine.  I don't think my hair is ever that super straight (without killing it first with the blow dryer and then a straightening wand).  Will my semi wavy/frizzy hair work with extensions?  I'm not a crazy person when it comes to concealing them but I would like to have as natural a look as I can.  Any suggestions??
Never gesture emphatically with a taco in your hand.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:24pm
Naturally wavy, curly hair, looks awesome with extensions check out Marie's new french refined on todays board with pictures.  Honestly, I think naturally wavy with a wavy textured extension looks the most natural,  it's at least the easiest to blend, and the least trouble to cut and style.  The thing is to buy the texture that best matches your hair.  Sometimes that means buying a few textures or different brands to find it.  If I were you I'd look at all the old photos with brand names and texture descriptions to find the one that looks the most like your natural hair and go from there.  cheers
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:47pm
And if you mean that you have hair that is slightly wavy rather than stick straight I'd highly reccomend 50 mm wave plastikhaar.
the wave is slightly more than my natural hair and blands fabulously.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 10:01pm
Yes, extensions work on any texture of hair, but they have to match the your own hair in texture. If you're in-between two, choose the curlier one, because 1) the curl may drop slightly and 2) curly/wavy hair is often slightly straighter in the top few inches, because the weight of the hair is pulling it straight-so it looks natural to have your own hair on the top slightly straighter than the extensions.

And my suggestions for inspirational photos: anything that RoseRose has posted. I recall in particular a Bohyme deep wave (human) and a Plastikhaar 28mm curl (synth) install. Both were amazing.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 10:43pm
How did those two installs last in the deep run, I don't recall. Rose? Your input?
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 10:52pm

Rae....did you get the email that I sent you a couple of days ago?? 

My hair is sooo weird.  Sometimes it gets a little frizzy but it does have a natural semi-wave, especially when it is wet.  Great suggestions on this...I will definitely need all this advice!!!

Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:18pm
I agree with Mocha...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:24pm
Go ahead, Rose. Tell them about your 28mm install.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 12:09am
I kept getting the PH wet and the texture became crunchy so I took them out after only a few days. The colors were SPECTACULAR though.

First rule of plastikhaar/Gremlins DONT GET THEM WET!

Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 6:41am
Well I'm not much of a swimmer...and I don't enter wet t-shirt contests as a rule  ,so I would be ok in that department.  I just had a bad experience with the synthetic hair years ago with it looking too fake.  I'm sure the synth hair today is of a much better quality, but I am still leary.  That's why I am here!!  I'm trying to debate on PH and HH.  Can you get a nice semi-wave with HH?
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 6:43am
Oh...and has anyone heard any good reviews on a stylist in Chicago named Angeleah?  Although my first choice is Rae...:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic