Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Faux, knock-off, and just plain fake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 4:39pm
why care about the label? I carry a black and white Dickie mini-messenger bag. it does the trick and it goes with everything I wear. who cares what brand of purse you carry?

if you are that concerned about people looking at the brand of your bag, you have serious issues
wright84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wright84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2006 at 7:15pm
if you have a really good fake people can not tell, I myself use to buy real bags until one of my good friends forun a A+ web site that sold hi quality fakes that looked just like mine. So why pay the real price when you dont have to, its not like you feel any better because your vag is real. I am now a happy fake purse buyer!
thinhairgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinhairgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 12:09am
what is the web site address for the fakes?
rockandroyalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockandroyalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 2:16pm
new

Not the website they were talking about.
But heres mine..

its not very professional yet..but once I get the money Ill make a REAL site.

So order some stuff so I can go pro :)

If you wanna order something..
Just email me.and copy/paste the code under each picture where it says "email&IM" Also if you mention this hair talk site, Ill give you a discount on the products and shipping.

you can email me at

Also if there is anything in particular I do not have posted, just send me a pic or style of what your looking for, and I can get it!

Thanks in advance, and goodluck finding what you want!
--susie--

Jazznjana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazznjana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2007 at 12:41pm
I'm entertaining myself with the posts here....too great, some of them are.

I dislike the phrase "fake handbags".  I mean, what's a fake handbag?  If a handbag exists, how can it be fake?  And "knock-off"?  Sounds like a hit man's job!  Replica?  Hm-m-m...perhaps a slimy amphibian one would find in the tropics?

A few weeks ago I went to a thrift store and discovered several designer handbags locked up in a glass display case.  I asked to see the "Coach" handbag and the moment I picked it up I could tell it was not authentic (and I've never even seen a Coach bag, let alone felt one!). 
So, why the need to even call them anything? 

Jana
Jana Morris
Eternal Hair Extension System
Affordable, Do-It-Yourself Hair Extensions
www.EternalHair.com

Balenciaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balenciaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by fullxdiva fullxdiva wrote:

Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

not to rock..... Real ones are a great investment!

investments for what? do they gain value, so that at a later time you can make a trade for a bigger return or a better bag. can you make a withdrawal from it? nahhhh...... handbags are are like clothes fads, eventually they come and they go. if i want to make a real investment, i take the money i would spend on a "real" purse and put it into an IRA, mutual fund, CD, bond, or even a savings accounts, something that might actually give me a return or show me some growth for my investment. I'd be crazy to spend hundreds of dollars on a purse when i can get one that looks just like it for little or nothing. i don't think i know many people that could actually afford to buy real handbags so i don't really worry about them being able to tell if mine is real or not, besides i don't think they could tell either way or careless one way or the other.   

I know this is an older thread, but I had to reply...I have collected Balenciaga handbags for over 6 years.  I buy/sell them, and make money on each one.  For instance, I bought one last spring for 1100.00, and turned around and sold it two months later for 2200.00. 
Thats what I do with all of my bags.  the lowest profit was 670.00.
So I have to say that when done right, and I know others who make good living in the handbag business [only authentic].
As far as the fakes, its everyones' own choice, but if you really want to take a look at the way knock-off bags or anything knockoff is made, and the children that are forced to endure horrid working conditions and get paid 50 cents a day, its not pretty.  Puppy mills are worse, but its the same standard.
Anyway, like i said, its to each his own~  I was just trying to state that a handbag IS an investment to me.  I make a ton of money from them.
xoxoxox,
Balenciaga
2honest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2honest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 8:14am
Originally posted by michie michie wrote:

Sorry....If you can't afford it, don't fake it. You just look silly, desperate or gullible walking around with a fake bag. People KNOW and it's not a good look. Even if I had to save and buy real, I would. It makes no sense to buy a fake $50 bag when you can buy a real Ralph Lauren, Guess or something else at TJ Maxx or somewhere.

I disagree to an extent. It depends on the fake that you are purchasing. For example I have bought some fakes just because I liked the style of it. It wasn't one with labels plastered all over the place (crap I don't even like the real ones like that). It was a bag that had a nice design to it, or color or something that just popped for me. I don't get caught up in labels. I scroll through sites and look for a bag that I like and that's it.
Now if someone is buying a purse to fool people than that seems a little superficial to me. Who do you have to prove something to or who are you trying to impress.
So I am for fakes as long as you aren't doing it to perpetrate the real deal.
ketchyclass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketchyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 1:06pm
This conversation is silly, to those that will never wear fake, we cannot all drop a few hundreds just to carry a purse that will be out of style in a few weeks, but that does not mean u can't carry a look-a-like. On the same note, If u can't afford it, it might be a good idea to coat your coat according to your size. With that said, u should know that most people that buy fake doesn't expect you to think that they are real, considering that u already know they can't afford the real one.
 What am I trying to say, to each it's own, I think the big names should acknowledge the flatting when people duplicate their design after all in my opinion no one that buys the fake one will ever pay for the real one so what's all the fuss about...

Pls, does anyone here know of any reliable and cheap knock-off CV, please let me know!!!
It's all in God's hands!!!
merlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 2:34am
Awesome write up ! Thanks..Can someone show me a picture?

Edited by Administrator - July 03 2012 at 11:07am
Micheal137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micheal137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2009 at 12:46am
Shocked
i do not see any problem to have chanel-like handbag, and i will not look down upon people wearing fake chanel handbag. believe it or not, i've prosperous business in fake handbag, such lv, chanel,coach,juicy. i've come across a post talking about fake handbag. it is about one girl become addictive to buy beautiful fake handbag on the online store www.eluxsquare.com, those nice LV-Like handbag and Juicy-like handbag just cram her house, she has no way but give them to her friends as gifts.
she said: $30 one nice Juicy handbag, just 5-day delivery.
Zoekong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoekong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2009 at 1:04am

I'm a VIP member of the online store  www.eluxsquare.com

I really like their bags. Nearly can not find the differences between the replica and the veritable one. The quality is very good, and the shopkeeper is a nice girl. Tongue

Edited by Zoekong - December 29 2009 at 1:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic