Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aromatherapy for Headaches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anyda.sin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anyda.sin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aromatherapy for Headaches
    Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:22pm
For headache you can use cooling oil for relaxation.And the method to get rid of it is medication.
Anyda.sin Online Pharmacy
medica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 2:06am
aromatherapy is a good and safe treatment to prevent loss of hair. i've recently bought an aromatherapy product for my hair. as far as i know that Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to achieve therapeutic health benefits. Itis thought to date back thousands of years to the time of Cleopatra. Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts which are derived from the flowers, leaves, bark and roots of various plants.
Annabellefire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annabellefire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 9:42am
I had a serious incident about a year ago now that had started as migraine, and moved into an all over body cramp and shortage of breath.  I started doing this to avoid this from reoccurring, and it has yet to, so give it a try.  I would recommend taking about thirty minutes out of any day that you feel a headache coming on and chill out, lay down, and meditate.  Lay on your back, or sit in a comfortable chair with perfect posture, and focus on taking as deep of breaths and you can.  Try and clean you mind of thoughts and focus on where you feel the pain.  In this you are attempting to visualize air flow to the area that is hurting, forcing all the air coming into your lungs straight to this spot.  It sounds like it couldn't possibly work, but I promise that if you do this 10-30 minutes prior to a full on headache, it will never set in.

The power of oxygen.
Annabelle

GHD Hair Straightener

Edited by Annabellefire - September 18 2007 at 9:44am
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:09am
Yeah, on Mythbusters, two guys ate some ginger tablets and they actually helped better than commercial stuff or those wristband things.
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 11:01am

Boy, I could've really used some Ginger on a boat excursion in Mexico(on my Honeymoon). I was sooo Sea sick!

I made it to the island of Las Calentas, thankfully tough,..whew! I kept sipping water, and looking at the whales and Manarays helped, so did the fun people on the boat, mind over matter!;)

God Bless,...
Katie
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:21am
Great suggestions. I do agree that oil choice has a lot to do with one's preference and/or sensitivity to certain agents.

I'm a peppermint girl myself. I occassionally suffer from migraines and I find that ginger essential oil works great for the nausea associated with this level of headache.

Good luck!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Hair Goddess Hair Goddess wrote:

Originally posted by tanjuska tanjuska wrote:

Hey,

I agree with lavendel and rosemary. If you want some more freshness citrus aromas (orange, lemon...) are great- besides they sort of lift you up. I like them most   

Unless you are super sensative though, a small amount need not include carrier oil.  However, it's quite alright just the same to use it as a precaution. 

PS.  Lavender oil does not need a carrier oil though.

Hi Hair Goddess,

I agree about the lavender.  I keep a bottle of lavender next to my bed.  On nights when I can't sleep, I just take off the top and take a couple of sniffs and I am out for the count.  I have also put a few drops on the palms of my feet (neat w/out carrier) and it works well.  However, I don't advocate using most oils w/out carrier.  Basil w/out carrier will burn like crazy.  At least it did for me.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tanjuska tanjuska wrote:

Hey,

I agree with lavendel and rosemary. If you want some more freshness citrus aromas (orange, lemon...) are great- besides they sort of lift you up. I like them most   

Unless you are super sensative though, a small amount need not include carrier oil.  However, it's quite alright just the same to use it as a precaution. 

PS.  Lavender oil does not need a carrier oil though.

tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 4:47pm

Hey,

NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 11:18am

If you are using essential oils be sure you use a carrier oil, some oils you can apply neet but most are so strong they can irritate the skin.  I make a mix with Lavender pepermint and rosemary essential oils.  Drinking infusions or teas of these herbs can also help.

Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:46pm

Disclaimer:  I'm not an herbalist and am not recommending anything.  However,

General Headaches:

3 drops of Lavender & 1 drop of Peppermint (or use pepeprmint alone).

Massage around the temples and the base of the skull, along the hair line, with 1 neat drop of these oils blended with 1 drop of vegetable oil.

Reference:  "The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aroma-Therapy" by Valerie Ann Worwood.

Well I HTH.

Edited by Hair Goddess
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:43pm
Are you sure its not a migraine?
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:32am
Well, in my experience a lot of prescription drugs cause headaches. Might be good to review any medication you might be taking.
BuzzinlikeNeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzinlikeNeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:08pm
I am prone to awful headaches and I was hoping that maybe someone knew of aromatherapy as a help to ease them. If you have any hints, please let me know. Thanks much!
.:Do you, perhaps, harbor and intense fear that it might actually hurt to think?:.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic