Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with pretips??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with pretips??
    Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:41pm

Ok...heres a new one that I havent heard of before. I put PH streaks of shock pink in my daughters hair tonight and when I was installing them, I had a problem with the tips swelling up and pushing out of the shrinkie??? Ive never had this happen before....anyone???

I wonder if the problem could be not letting the tips cure long enough? My impatient daughter couldnt wait til tommorrow for the install. I tipped the hair this evening with Aleenes and then nail glue. And installed within an hour or so. The tips were dry and hard but could it be that they needed to cure?

I generally have the hair tipped way ahead of an install. I got the hair in the mail today and she insisted it had to go in TODAY!

Also this was my first PH install with pretips/shrinkies.

Any ideas??

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:02pm
hmmm

but you've used shrinks before and you could clearly see what you were doing.

So it wasn't slipping it was definitely expansion?

what are the ingredients in aleenes?  its water based?  even that's probablya stretch...

I've had problems with tips moving and coming out the top but not growing.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:13pm

yeah mocha the tips SWELLED up and pushed out of the shrinkie as they were heating. Ive NEVER experienced anything like it. Of course as they cooled they shrank back down, but I had to fight nearly every one to keep them from pushing out.

I have a full head of HH tipped with same thing and installed with shrinkies and no problems at all.

Hmmm the Aleenes doesnt list the ingredients

Edited by sherrie215
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:19pm
okay it really is a long shot what WTF!

if they weren't dry through and through but were dry on the outside plus the nail glue was there as a seal then maybe the wet ingredients evaporated and the outside was like a balloon.  The wand is certainly hot enought o evaporate most of the liquidingredients.  I just owuldn't expect the dry outside to make that good a seal...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:25pm
hmmmm...well I have a few that Im gonna replace because I didnt like the way they looked, so tomorrow I will do that with the cured tips and see if that was the problem. Its really the only thing I can think of since Ive used the same tipping ingredients for other installs. The only difference is that these tips were not cured, and its the first  time Ive used PH.

Edited by sherrie215
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic