Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gwen Stefani (again)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 7:04am

Here are some pics...

Me yesterday before I had the bleached highlights put in:

My hair looks nice and shiny... and this is it now after the bleach highlights...

It looks exactly the same except DRY, FRIZZY AND A STATE.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 10:36am
Well, you seem a lot less happy in the second photo, Paradise. Actually, in some strange way, you look more like Gwen in the first photo!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:31am
You can't keep your mouth closed can you? Seriously a little tact goes a long way.Maybe it will calm down once you condition it a few times.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:40am
Just pointing out the difference a big smile can make! I'm sure that is more important than the highlights.
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:49am
Well, I've cheered up a little since then... (although my eyes still hurt from the crying) but I've booked an appointment at another hairdresser to have this special L'oreal Professionel service that makes your hair 7x lighter. Hopefully it'll do something to make it look nicer. It also doesn't damage your hair like bleaching but has the same effect. Hope it works! I'm having it done on Saturday and I'll post pics if all goes well.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by paradise paradise wrote:

Well, I've cheered up a little since then... (although my eyes still hurt from the crying) but I've booked an appointment at another hairdresser to have this special L'oreal Professionel service that makes your hair 7x lighter. Hopefully it'll do something to make it look nicer. It also doesn't damage your hair like bleaching but has the same effect. Hope it works! I'm having it done on Saturday and I'll post pics if all goes well.

Hi Paradise,

Keep in mind that to get hair white blonde like Gwen you have to use a major lift factor which is always bleach no matter what anyone tells you.  The problem for many people is that to get from even medium blonde to white it takes a very high volume of bleach which strips the hair of basically everything...thus the breakage and damage.  So I would be personally suspicious of the L'Oreal service that says it doesn't damage hair.  How can they take you super light without removing the existing color and thus when the color goes...so do the natural oils and the cuticle layers. 

I just want you to be prepared for the possibilities that your hair may be a lot lighter but most likely will be even more dry and damaged. 

When it comes to lightening hair to the Gwen Stefani levels, you have to take super drastic lifting chemicals.  That's it.  No other options unless you want to add extensions.

Ashlee Simpson recently went Gwen white-blonde and her haircolorist Rita Hazan said it took 4 hours to take her from honey blonde to white-white.  That 4 hours was spent with lots of heavy bleach on her head leeching out any speck of color.

So I just want you to keep all of this in mind as you go forward.  If I had a $1 for every email I received over the past 7 years from people with destroyed hair because of bleach I would be retired and living on a beach somewhere doing absolutely nothing.  :-)

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 4:55pm
Sorry about your hair. I agree with Karen about the L'oreal thing probably being damaging. I think you'd look really pretty with red hair.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 3:50pm

Red! No way! Hey, I'll give you some info on this L'oreal thing... (by the way on the website it says highlights but I'm getting it all done)

http://uk.lorealprofessionnel.com/_en/_gb/products/feature/p latinium/index.aspx?tc=Navigation^Nav_Products^Nav_whats_new ^Nav_platinium&UsrMd=0

What do you think?

aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2005 at 3:42pm

believe me it is always damaging when you go that light im naturally ash blonde and now im gwen stefani blonde and after dying it platinum for years i have to wear extensions cuz my own hair wont get any longer than shoulder lenght because of split ends and breaking

platinum blonde is hot but it is damaging

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:09pm

Latest pics on WI.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 8:22pm
Paradise I hope everything works out for you. Not sure how long your hair is but looks very nice as is. I just hope this prosses don't damage it. Good luck.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 6:12am

Well, I had it done... what do you think? I've had some breakage but overall I'm pleased. In a while I might get it done all over again to take it to Gwen-blonde. The top is lighter than the bottom btw.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 6:40am
Congratulations, Paradise. Looks great! We got the smile back too!!

Edited by fatmoogas
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 10:28am
Looks great. How long did it take? I'm glad it went well for you. Nice smile.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 5:10am

It took a while, I mean like 3 hours and it was absolute agony just sitting there but it was worth it. They said I'd need to get my roots done once a month, and in a while I could go back and get it taken to Gwen's colour. They didn't put a toner on it but I'm happy with how it turned out. Cost me a lot though!

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 5:19am
Your hair looks so soft! Almost makes me want to go blonde!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 8:23am

That's not Gwen-blonde? I'm glad it turned out alright for you though.

Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic