Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wave nouveau queries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aDior_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aDior_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wave nouveau queries
    Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:36pm

hi guys,

i am really interested in getting a wave nouveau, but everytime a subject is started about it, there are always negative things to say about it, and im not talking about damage it can do or things like that- i mean people saying that it is just a jheri curl.....and things like that.

anyone who has a wave nouveau can you help me out???

like what size rods did you use? it it high maintainence??? things like that i would be interested in finding out!!! ]thanks in advance!

also pictures are always nice!

nyx` View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyx` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:57pm

It basically is the same amount of damage that you would get from a perm or relaxer... meaning that applied properly and taken care of properly it is not terrible for your hair.

Well, if you want to care for it really well, any hair is high maintainance... if I had one I would use the same products/deep condition and moisturize my hair like I normally do.

It really does look just like a jherri curl.

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 12:00am
Wave nouveau! aDoir, you are going waaaayyy back! I don't remember them being so much like a jheri curl though. From my recollection, the curls were not as tightly wound as a j.curl (had larger, looser curls) and they were not as "wet" looking. I agree w/ nyx, as long as you apply & take care of your hair properly, I'd think it would be fine....
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
runwaydream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runwaydream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 10:15am
hey girl. i used to go to africanhair.com where u can find so much info on the wave nouveau but it closed down so now im trying to find a new place to discuss my wn.  i was really surprised reading about how much ppl are against it. but i have the wave by design which is like a wave nouveau. its basically the same thing. and honestly im lovin it.  it was real hard at first cause i had to cut all the perm out n my hair was real short and i had like this small afro but in a few wks it would be a yr. since i got the wn and really i have no complaints. its not hi-maintenance at all which is why i got it. its easy to take care of. it looks real cute if the right person does it for u. u gotta make sure the stylist knows what they're doin or they'll f- up ur hair. i use real big rods so my hair is curly/wavy.  it takes just a few minutes of doing it in the morning. so yeah im really glad i got it and i dont c myself going back to a regular perm any time soon.  so honey dont listen to all these ppl who dont know what the wn is all about but telling u anyway that its no good cause they dont got it. i do and im telling u if u get it n get it done by the right stylist then u wont ever want to get rid of it
black is beautiful
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 12:05am

I so agree with runawaydream.  The Wave Nouveau has been seriously updated from the 80's.   It doesn't look like a jheri curl anymore.  It's made to look natural.  I know a couple of people with one and it looks like their hair is naturally curly/wavy.

Now, If you WANT your 'soul glo', you can always spray a pint of activator on it!    You don't have to, though.

aDior_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aDior_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:49am

runwaydream- you had the same username on afriacnhair.com right? yeah, i used to go on that site, some of the wave nouveaus i saw were beautiful! ive been searching for a forum to discuss wave nouveau for a while now! do you have pics of your hair???? if so i would be very greatful if you would share them! pm me if you do!!!!

thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runwaydream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 6:31pm
yeah i had the same name. i was hoping id bump into someone who used to go on there. i loved that site. i got some really good advice from there. i've been searching forums too i thought maybe all the old africanhair members all went somewhere else but i really cant find anything. i have some pics of my hair but none are digital. however, my friend has a digital camera that she takes w. her everywhere and im sure she has a few shots of me. ill try to talk her into emailing it to me. cant make any promises tho. so was ur name aDior_me on african hair too?
black is beautiful
aDior_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aDior_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 8:45am

ive sent you a pm...my username on the african forum was est1980. do you know if the forum is ever coiming back by the way???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runwaydream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 7:41pm
i have no idea if the forum is coming back. i really really hope so. but i dont c it happening anytime soon. if they couldve just left the info that ppl wrote it that wouldve been real nice tho. and yeah i sent u back a pm
black is beautiful
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic