Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cost of flabjab or lipo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cost of flabjab or lipo?
    Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:33pm
Ok,I'm pregnant right now so I'm obviously not getting any surgeries.I plan on working my butt off after I give birth to get my body back.But I have really stubborn areas (upper arms,and thighs).I was just curious how much these procedures usually cost.I know it differs with location and dr.'s but any help would be apprecciated.?
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:19pm

i AM NOT SURE, I'VE HAD A LOT OF LIPO, BECAUSE OF HUGE WEIGHT LOSS  OVER 16 YRS. AGO.... 125 LBS. TO BE EXACT..... ANYWHERE FROM $1K TO $8K is a good start...

Good Luck

Genie

Genie Aldrich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:06am
yeah thats what I thought.Thanks
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:48pm
I had lipo several years ago. I wasn't overweight. I weighed about 140 at 5'8" but I had one leg bigger then the other, and no definition between my butt and my legs. I had my thighs done, sides and back and the tops and sides of my knees. I had the max sucked out that you could. That cost me $3500 and worth every single penny. It had to be retouched after 6 months because fat settled. I'm not model perfect now, by all means. I still have cellulite but I have two legs the same size, I can wear shorts, I can buy pants off the rack now.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:56am
I'm considering going to brussells to have liposuction done.  I'm nervous I know its silly about dying on the table or getting a bloody clot or something.  I've heard that the less you have done the less risk there is.  I wanted ankles, calfs, knees, inner and outer thighs done but I think I'm just going to have ankles, calfs and knees done and then go back for the other, what do you think? x
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:57am
Oh and Long, don't bother with the flab jab, its cheaper to get lipo done by the time you've done having those areas treated as you have to have them treated about 4 times x
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:57am
Is liposuction really dangerous? Is there a significant chance of something going wrong?
muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:34am
ive had a csection so i dont think its worst then that.. probably about the same.. i could definetly handle it.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:02am
And does it do the same job as a diet? Any unpleasant side effects?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:10am
I know their are possible side efffects.No,I'm sure it doesnt do the same as a diet.Yeah And I agree with muneca,I have also had a c-section.Their is no way its any worse than that.I was thinking of lipo myself if I got that bit of loose skin that some women get after childbirth.And no amount of diet and excercise will take it away.I saw a personal trainer who was skinny and on a crazy diet after her children,but she had this horrible flap of skin that just didnt budge.Having kids can really take a toll on your body.I'm only 23,I dont want to have to worry about loose skin(eww).
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 11:51pm
My surgeon has always said that you get the best result in ANYTHING when you're at a normal, stable weight and that goes double for lipo! When you're near the weight you want to be or normally are, they can remove the weird pockets of fat that don't go away with diet. I had serious love handles lipo'd away after losing 60 lbs after having a baby, and it made a HUGE difference! Even gaining some weight, the fat doesn't go immediately there like it used to (it goes other places, like my back which is gross, but at least my hips don't look square like before).

Plus, the less fat you have removed, the lower the risk. And you can have more places done at once - underarms, bra strap roll, inner thighs, upper knees - when they're just taking away the pockets rather than a slab.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 1:38pm

My sisters had lipo, a tummy tuck, and breast reduction for $3000 in the Dominican Republic. They both had amazing results. I had lipo done on my love handles, which were genetic (great gift from my dad) and wouldn't go away with anything. I have never been overweight, however even when I was a size 3, those nasty bulges on the sides of my lower back would not go away. So I decided to have the surgery done. I also had the bone on my nose narrowed a little. No one even noticed. Unless I pull out an old picture and point it out to them, they would never know I did anything to my nose. The results were great and total cost for both procedures was $1600. The only side effect I had, was that I only got my period for 2 days instead of my usual 5 and it was very little (no complaints). But that was only that month.

As far as pain, It really feels sore. Like if you had done 5 aerobic classes in one day. Or like you had a good beating lol. But you only really feel it, when you move. When I laid in bed and watch tv, there was no pain. Only when I had to move, either to arrange myself on the bed or to go to the bathroom. And as I said, it is not really pain, it is soreness. I couldn't walk straight for the first 3 days. After the 5th day I was walking around normal. The hardest part for me was having to sleep facing up the first 5 days. I can only sleep on my side. But other than that It was nothing unbearable. I had more pain when I sprained my ankle playing volleyball. The swelling doesn't totally go away until around the 8th week. As far as my nose, the only time I felt pain, was right after the surgery, when I was coming out of the anestisia. That lasted from the moment they took me out of the O.R. until they took me to my room (about 10 min) then a nurse came in, injected me with a sedative, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, the pain in my nose was totally gone, and it never hurt again. Of course you can't touch it, or bump it with anything, or you'll see stars lol. But sometime I would even forgett I had something done to my nose; that's how little it hurts.

Was it worth it? You bet. I had those lower bulges removed, and also my belly done. Which wasn't too bad, but definitly not acceptable. At least not for me. I can now wear whatever I want, and you can finally see my naturally small waiste, which was hard to see before because of those nasty bulges. I'm thinking about having my hips done, since now my waiste looks so small, it kind of makes them look bigger. So I would like to even them out a little more. I kind of look like JLO with the big hips and butt lol. So maybe next year I will go back and get them done.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 1:44pm
Oh! and is it dangerous? As with any surgery there is always a small risk. However those are reduced if you choose to  have only partial anestisia, instead of going totally under. Also it helps if you are a non smoker and are of course healthy. You must make sure to eat right several weeks before the surgery, so there is no anemia problems. And most important, get a reputable doctor that is board certified.
modlgrl8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modlgrl8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2007 at 3:19am
Sharyg11,
Will you please share the information of where your sister had her surgery done and the doctor's name.  I would love to go to have my surgery done there if your sister had good results and the price is right for me!  Did you have your surgery done in the Dominican Republic as well?  I have a lot of questions as I am serious about getting my surgery done there.  Is it at a medical center that will provide after care for you? How does it work?  Do I call and tell them what I want?  Will they do any procedures I want once I get there?  How long is the recommended time to stay, and what is the overall cost of the trip?

Thanks for your help.
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 3:33am
I would be VERY careful about going anywhere else for surgery that isnt board certified and licensed. 
I had lipo done on my inner thighs, and pooch area- this was 10yrs ago and it has not come back. Even w/a twin pregnancy.   I had lost weight and no matter what i did for exercise- gym w/a trainer, walking, water aerobics etc it just did not move.
I was off pain meds w/in 24hrs of the operation and back to work that following monday(i had it done on a friday)- i could have waited and gone back on tuesday or wednesday. I did have a desk job and could not see sitting home when i could sit at my desk and earn money! (and save vacation time)
S
s
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by modlgrl8 modlgrl8 wrote:

Sharyg11,
Will you please share the information of where your sister had her surgery done and the doctor's name.  I would love to go to have my surgery done there if your sister had good results and the price is right for me!  Did you have your surgery done in the Dominican Republic as well?  I have a lot of questions as I am serious about getting my surgery done there.  Is it at a medical center that will provide after care for you? How does it work?  Do I call and tell them what I want?  Will they do any procedures I want once I get there?  How long is the recommended time to stay, and what is the overall cost of the trip?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm so sorry I took so long to answer, I've been away, and without access to a computer.

Ok, yes I did have my procedure done in DR. The doctor was board certified and a close family friend. However, I'm sorry to report that he was in a terrible accident about 2 years ago and is now incapacitated. I hear there are alot of other great doctors in DR but since I don't have expirience with them I won't recommed them (If I haven't tried it, I won't tell you to do it).

However,  one of my sisters did have work done by a doctor in Colombia and the results were amazing. She actually met him here in Miami, since he comes about once a year, to teach other doctors, give comferences etc. He does do surgeries here when he comes, but it comes out to alot more because the hospitals charge alot more. And also, whatever surgeries he performs have been schedule a year prior.  The great thing about getting it done there, is that he owns a clinic that is specialized in treating obesity. So you don' just get surgery, you get a complete treatment. They will perform extensive bloodwork to determin why you are gaining so much weight. But it doesn't stop there, the bloodwork they perform will reveal any other problems. If there are parasites in your stomach(or anywhere else), any viruses in your system (from herpes to hiv to anything else) if the fat hormone( I forgot the name) is too high in your system causing you to gaing weight, any vitamin deficiencies; absolutly anything that could be wrong or causing abnormal weight gain will be found. They even perform a vaginal exam and do culture tests to check for any infections. THEY ARE THERAL!.

When they get the results from your bloodwork, they will sit down with you and explain any problems or abnormalities, and will prescribe the right treatment for you. They will explain everything step by step and answer any questions you may have.

You will get a nurse 24 hrs a day for as long as you are there. They provide total care for you. They give you a special massage every morning to drain the liquid acumulated by your body. Then they take you to the clinic for your post surgery treatment, which includes lynphatic(sp?) drainnage and some treatment with a cool laser light. They also take care of your medications etc.

Everything from the hotel, to your meals, to the nurse, the treatment and tests at the clinic are included in the price. The only thing that is not included is the price of whatever prescriptions you are given once your blood tests come back, and also the cost of your post surgical girdle, board and foam. The board is a special padded board that will go under your girdle, against your stomach, to make sure it will heal as flat as possible, and the foam, is sort of a  foam corset that you wrap aroung you mid section when you are wearing the girdle. It provides comfort and support. You can buy your own girdle and take it with you, but I don't think you can buy the board or the foam here. So you need to bring extra money with you to buy your prescriptions and your supplies. The prescriptions will be about a six month supply so it will be alot of meds. They will include your post surgical meds such as antibiotics etc. You are looking at about $300 to $500 dollars worth of prescriptions alone plus the cost of the girdle and stuff.  Also not included is the price of your airline ticket.

You are also provided with a driver that will pick you up at the airport, drive you to the clinic every day etc.

The hotel is not all that. Don't expect a five start hotel. It is more like a 3 star. But the rooms are big, they include a small kitchen and fridge and of course tv. The rooms look like small apartments. They have two bedrooms and a living/dining room. Very spaceous. They have room service, and the staff is awesome. I've never met more polite people than colombians.

The name of the Doctor Dr. Cubillos (I forgot his first name LOL).  My sister is not home but I will get his e-mail address when I see her and I'll give it to you. You can e-mail him and he will have you send him pictures and will give you an stimate based on what you want done. Of course once you get there he will give you a personal consultation before the surgery.

The time you need to spend there depends on what you are having done. If it is just lipo, you have to stay about 7 days. If you are having a tummy tuck you have to stay two weeks.

The cost of the surgery will depend on how much you need removed. He performs lipolisis which is diferent than liposuction. The canula used is much smaller, and there is a laser at the tip of it, melting the fat before it is sucked out. Is what is called smart lipo in the states. Since there is almost no blood loss they can do more areas a take out more than with traditional lipo. However, this dr is very careful, if you have too much to be removed he will let you know that he can't do it all in one procedure, and you will need to return to finish the job. But that is in extreme cases.

I can tell you that I went with her, and I was amazed at the quality of the work and service. You will not get that kind of care anywhere else. Even here, they send you home the same day, and don't give you any meds for pain. They do not drain you, which causes alot of pain not to have all that water remove (and believe me, is alot of water.)

We met this girl while we were there. She was staying in the room righ above hours. She was all alone, so we became friends. She got everything done. She got a tummy tuck, a breast reduction, and a butt augmentation for about $6,500. I saw the scar from her tummy tuck. It was awesome. I've never seen anyone with such a nice scar. It did not look like the other scars I've seen. It was not that huge scar that seems to go all around. It was way smaller and it was stichted together so nicely. MUCH better than my sisters scars. Also he does not perform breast reductions the same way the do her. She had a little tiny hole under her breast. It was amazing.

Well, I hope that helps, if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.
essure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 1:26am
Don't bother with the flab jab. I have some information regarding this smartlipo,  go through this site for your more infomation.

SmileWinkClap
Clap
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 10:00am
A *non-surgical* technique for body fat reduction and cellulite improvement. Sculpt your body as you'd like. No trip to the operating room. Zero downtime. Resume your normal activities immediately - no post-operative pain or massive bruising, no general anesthesia, no scarring on the skin or in the deeper tissues.

I think this will really help u!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lilly213 - August 30 2008 at 10:01am
Maxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 10:59pm
I had lipo of the inner and outer thighs and it cost $1425 in Costa Rica.  This included everything: preop testing, consult, surgeon fee, anesthetist, operating room, medications, postop compression garments, overnight stay in their Center in a private room, and follow up visits. 
The results are wonderful, better than I expected. 
I also have a full tummy tuck for $3400.
The doctor and the retreats made me feel like a princess.  RN nursing care, personal aide, meals and snacks, an English speaking staff.  I never could have afforded the surgery nor the postop care in the States.  I recommend it for anyone considering cosmetic surgery.
I stayed for 12 days.  It was perfect. Take a look at having cosmetic surgery in Costa Rica.  The country is a very safe place to visit with amazing sightseeing.  Very stable country where you can eat the food and even drink the water everywhere. 
AnnieP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 11:35am
Maybe this site will help you:

Liposuction

Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic