Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed! On dying my hair black! :D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 3:01pm
Oh and this site might help u a bit: www.haircrazy.co.uk
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 5:57pm
Hi tim!

There is another thing you could try, in hair salons you can sometimes get color that they recommend that you put on before you color it, this color is only ment to bring out the color (that you want to aply afterwards) even more, so it is not a permanent color. I don't know what this is called, but if you ask in any salon where they sell hair color i am sure they will know what you mean. If you get the black color there and then try some demi/semi hair color this could stop your color from fading so quick..

Dont know if you will find this color in the UK.

Good luck, hope everything turns out ok.

Let us know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:49am
vicky i think what u are talking abt is a filler. Am i correct?
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:02am
Not sure what it's called just know my sister got it when she had trouble getting the haircolor to stick on her hair. She wanted it a brown color so she used the botle i was telling you about then she got the same color but permanent. It worked and brought out the color she wanted.
Was that what you were thinking about Veronica?
Timothy miles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:12am

Heya Again Guys.....I'm Dying my hair later on with a semi permanent.....

However just wanted to ask a few questions incase it didn't turn out how i want it.....Firstly I'm into rock music so id like the typical rock look......Blue black is the normal colour rock peeps dye their hair and i was wondering whether...if i dyed my hair jet black then decided i wanted to try blue black would blue black show up over the jet black (this is if i dyed it permanent) thats my first que

my second question is about the pictures im going to include...i want my Hair Like Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance....not with the parting etc just the color but i can't tell whether is black with just light shining on it or whether its blue black.....So could you take a look for me please:D

Also would blue black be easier to remove then black if it didn't suit or harder......

So to some up the questions:

1.) Would blue black show up over jet black if i decided i wanted to dye my hair blue black after i had dyed it permanent black...

2.) What color is Gerard Ways hair in the picture?

3.) Would Blue Black be easier to remove?

and if any of you guys have any other information youd like to share with me please let me know!:D:D:D

Thanks very Much again.....

P.s The Pictures are Below....

Thanks again guys:D

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:58am
He looks like billy corgan with hair, lol!!!

I will try to help you based on what i learned when i had black hair.

1) When I had black hair I wanted to put some black on with a red tint, this however did not work. All it did was make my outgrowth look alitlle more red. So I wouldn't count on the fact that the black with blue would show if you decide to color it after having colored it black once before.

2) From what i can tell on the pic on top it looks as if he has black with blue color but on the one below it just looks black. You have to decide which one you like the best.

3) Im sorry to say that i think the blue black will be just as demanding to remove as the plain black one, as they will both require bleaching and or colorremover. But you know what, I removed the black and im still alive. It can be done you will just have to realice that it will cost some money and your hair could be damaged.

Perhaps if you dye it jet black with a semi permanent you will have time to think about if you would rather have blue black or just black.
I don't know if you can get semi permanent color with blue black?

You could try that out in that case before you decide to color it with permanent color. But it sounds to me like you really want black hair of some shade so perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if you used a permanent color?

Let us know what you decide. I hope i helped alittle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 7:45am
You could always try manic panic's blue black which will let you decide wht works for u. Manic Panic fades really fast and they have a blue black as well http://www.manicpanic.com/creamswatch.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 12:26pm

Heya Guys....

Just dyed my hair black semi on top of the old semi and it loookss awsummm....The way im gunner decided whether to use permanent is how fast it fades... i have like a fancy dress gig at the local pub and im gunner go with the  hai, thats in 15 days so well see how much it has faded and decide then as you well know spending money on two boxes of hair dye t get the color i want each time wud work out very costy.. Will post some pictures later on:)

Thanks for all your help...I have one more que tho lol prob not the last...

If i decided that i wanted to dye my hair permanent before this gig in 15...could i dye it permanent over the semi inabout 15 days time if it has faded alot or little it depends...

I would dye blue black over it....so i was wondering whether it would look ok and work or not....

Thanks v much guys for everything:D:D

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 3:15pm
The problem is that blue black tends to fade, even if it's the permanent kind. There's no good way to do it.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

The problem is that blue black tends to fade, even if it's the permanent kind. There's no good way to do it.

Well said

Since u really want perfect blue black hair why don't you consult a good stylist and ask them how u can maintain it? You never know, he/she may have good advice!

MCRgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCRgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 8:36am
well i have naturally light brown hair and i wanted my hair black for ages before i plucked up the courage to actually dye it, i went straight for the permenant colour, i chose looreal hydrience black pearl, which sshines white in the sun, i have really pale skin it looks like i never leave the house but all orf my mates and people that know me said that black hair suited me more than my natural colour, if you use a colour suitable shampoo the results stay the same and the colour down fade, if you are going out in the sun for a long time then you will have to wear a hat for the first few weeks while the colour settles, any other problems then email me
"The Devil got landed with a sh*tty job, he has to deal with assholes everyday, he's probably bored as hell." - Gerard Way
MCRgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCRgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 8:44am
if you look like gerard way then i really wana meet you he is sooooooo hot
"The Devil got landed with a sh*tty job, he has to deal with assholes everyday, he's probably bored as hell." - Gerard Way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 9:54am

Heya MCR Girl....

personally i don't think i look anything like Gerard but other have said i have aresemblence especially when i got the white makeup and the red eye stuff on....but yno im gunner dye my hair black well blue black v v soon....

Have ya got msn?

add me if you have on

I_am_zao@hotmail.com

Thanks for the advice by the way:D

malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 11:57pm

have you seen Gerard Way's hair recently? I saw them at the Warped Tour, he cut it off and the top is blonde

I think he should make it all black again

I also have light skin and want darker hair, but not black, I'm too afraid to go black, lol

Emilie
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 7:39am
Hi Tim,
I'd recommend you don't dye your hair blue black unless your not bothered about having to strip or bleach it to get back to a brown colour.

I'm a natural light blonde (and hate it) and I started dying my hair perminant because semi-perm dyes went orange on my hair.  I dyed it perminant Blue/Black and it was absolutely gorgeous, really shiny and cool, but then my roots grew and the hair just looked stupid when I dyed over again.  I'm now trying to get the black out of my hair so I can go a lighter colour.

The novelty of black wears off really fast - I too am pale and blue-eyed, and black suits me better than my natural colour, but it get's boring.
AngelDream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 7:48am
Looks like Timothy wants to be blonde now. Check post below.

aubergine, with the black maybe it would have worked better if you had just dyed the roots and not the rest.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 5:03am
Originally posted by AngelDream AngelDream wrote:

Looks like Timothy wants to be blonde now. Check post below.

aubergine, with the black maybe it would have worked better if you had just dyed the roots and not the rest.

Thankd for the suggestion AngelDream - but I try it every time.  Dying just the roots just makes the colour on my blonde even more vibrant, unless I dye it black that is, but I don't want to do that again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic