Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
friedhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friedhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Everyone
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 12:42pm

Hi all, I have naturally curly coarse thick hair, that I try to straighten every 6 months with a permanent chemical process. And I also highlight it every 3-4 months here and there (its too long in between visits, but I never have time!

If you look under the straightening threads near the bottom, I just posted a thread regarding my hair tragedy.  I had my hair straightened at a professional salon on Thursday night with a product named Rusk Anti-Curl.  First I loved it, but as the weekend went on and I was finally able to wash my hair Saturday night, I realized, I had a lot of breakage, to the point I feel as if I was given a buzz cut..(that is how it feels on top of my head) I'm luck enough that my hair is thick enough so that it doesn't show, but I've lost a lot of hair, and have been left with stubbles all over. 

I've called the salon now 2 times this morning without someone getting back to me, they are open, I've spoken with the receptionist each time.   I think they are ignoring me...its been 5 hours since my first phone call. 

I'm so upset, I've cried most of today and yesterday.  They were closed yesterday otherwise, they would've heard from me then.

any suggetions as to what can help my hair? and how to deal with the salon? I don't normally complain to businesses...I run a business myself, and I know what its like...but I feel this needs addressing, other than the fact I'm also calling for advice!  

Edited by friedhair
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:54pm
Hi and welcome!  I'd go visit.  They could at least call you back.  It's not necessarily their fault this happened, the same thing happened to me once when I was 9 from a home perm - stubble all over my head.  It wasn't noticeable to anyone, I could just feel it.  Those are all harsh chemicals, and it can happen easily. So, I don't think I would get mad at them or anything, but I would want my questions answered, and if they just happened to be too busy to call back, being there would help you get a response faster.  (I would want to know - does this happen often to other people?  Do you get more complaints with this than with another brand of straightener?  Which straightener do you get the least complaints about?  etc.).  As for what you can do about it, probably not much.  Once its broken, its gone, and all you can do is wait for it to grow back, and take good care of what you've got.

Best wishes

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
All about hair View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All about hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 9:41pm
Sorry to hear that. I once got a perm and was fried. My hair was like hay. It was so dry that it would not even get wet. The water would run off the hair. I had to cut it short almost a buzz cut. check out the web site Its all about the hair.com. It is a great video and very good information for all hair types.

Good Luck and Good Hair
Peyton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic