Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

different powder types 4 acrylics?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different powder types 4 acrylics?
    Posted: June 28 2005 at 4:19am

hi i was just wondering if anyone knew of all the different types of powder used for acrylics... like for the pink&white...

when i got my nails done the other day... the guy tried to explain it to me... but his accent was so heavy i couldnt even really understand him! lol...i just wanted to know if u guys knew the names of the different types... and what are their differences... i know that the american white isn't as bright as the regular powder... i wanted to ask the guy more questions, but i just said do whatever's nicest since i couldn't get what he was trying to say.

naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 9:25pm

I'm not sure what you mean by different "types" of powder.  If you are asking about colors:

there are 4 basic colors in almost every brand of acrylic.  White, for french tips, pink, for nail beds (usually on french), clear, which is crystal clear, and natural, which is like clear with a bit of pigment in it.  It is a cloudy color and the mot likely one you will get if you go to a "discount" salon (defined as anything you would pay under $30-35 a set).  Some brands have a stark white and a soft whit.  Some have a cloudy pink and a clear pink, some have a cool pink or a warm pink.  There are a ton of variations.  And most companies have glitter and colored acrylics so you can get permanent designs imbedded in you nails. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic