Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samaire Armstrong crop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 7:58am

Hal,

I have been thinking about what you said for the past year...  I used to check this board several times a day... Now about once a week.  I never would have guessed I would miss Gord. 

Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 9:16am
I've found a few good pics of her.
This one is of her with long light brown hair. She looks great.

Here is one with dark brown long curly hair.

And another one with dark hair..

I found a good homepage where you can have a look at most of her different hair styles.

http://the.oc.free.fr/samairephotos.htm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 9:50am

Thanks for the last three photos. Interesting that she hasn't been a Maxim girl since the short haircut. With her current over-the-top blonde processing, should she dye her eyebrows or at least pluck them a tad more?

And I certainly agree with Hal and many of the others. It's NEWS that made this board a success. It's not...

Fatmoo: Hey, look at this girl's hair.

Mike: Yeah, I like it.

Fatmoo: Me, too.

Mike: Cool.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Thanks for the last three photos. Interesting that
she hasn't been a Maxim girl since the short haircut.

Maxim asked Jaime Presley to be on the cover right before she
cut her hair short the first time. When they found out she cut it, they
asked her to wear extensions. Maxim had never had a short
haired Maxim Girl. Jaime didn't wear extensions and looked very sexy
in the shoot.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 4:24pm
Thanks for the great photos, Vicky. I agree that news is best. But when there isn't any we TALK hair. How many of your posts, Kramer, would constitute real NEWS?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 8:02am

Due to the new direction of this board many of the "news" posters longer visit thus less breaking news.  Maybe a board for those who like to post lol, yeah, and thanks would be in order.  We could call it the "I love to see my name on the net board" or the "How many times can I post in a day"?

A quick look at Fatmo's post:

Haley: 8/21 posts - by fatmo

Sabrina: 4/6 posts - by fatmo

Gwyneth: 8/21 posts - by fatmo

Federica: 7/16 posts - by fatmo

Sofia: 6/8 posts - by fatmo

Shakira: 8/32 posts - by fatmo

Can't you go blind posting to yourself?

Edited by Hal
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 9:21am

Well, Hal, we are all just having fun here. If somebody gets fun from posting a lot, what's wrong with that? It tends to go in cycles anyway. Someone will post a lot for a while and then hardly post again for the next few months. As for the board not being visited by the news posters (and this being the reason for the lack of news) I am doubtful. Getty images and Wire Image are always the first sources of hair news--and we cover them pretty well.

I suppose it depends what you call news. For me, news could be Halle Berry changing the shade of color she has, questioning whether Gwyneth Paltrow has extensions or not, or discovering a couple of interesting hair celebrities from another country. I accept that this might not be news for those who believe that only a drastic change from long to short is "news". Anyway, as I said before, we are all here and posting because we like to talk about hair: there is no other reason.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 12:14pm

Fatmo you have every right to continue posting just for the sake of post and if thats what you like... please... continue.  I was just thinking I might not be the only one the gets worked up seeing a hot big name celeb, click on the post only to see "didn't she look nice back then" or "I think her hiar is 1/4 inch shorter?"  But hey... each to his own.  Maybe you could start each new post with something like "News Flash" if it's a traditional type post or "SOFS" if its the same ole stuff you like to post? 

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:44pm
Bear that in mind, Hal.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:55pm

Sorry but I've missed your point...please, spell it out for me?

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 2:05pm
My point is that I'm here and posting for fun. Nothing else.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 2:25pm

And my point is you don't seem to be a bad person or have any wish for ill will so why not heed a few of the hints that have been tossed your way and try to fit in.  Hey think aout it this way... My kids use to have a little book called "What if Everybody Did..."  It's ok for one person to drop a peice of trash but what if everybody did... It's ok for one person to say bad words but what if.... its ok for you to post the way you do.. but WHAT IF WE ALL DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 2:44pm

Thanks for the kind words. For me, it's not a problem if everyone posts in the same way. What way? If more people posted interesting stuff, I guess I'd post less often. Mostly, I am like everyone else coming here to find out interesting things...be they new or old. If it's new to me, then that means that, for me at least, it's also "news".

As for "fitting in" do you mean conforming to your definition of what is "news"?

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 3:16pm
Sorry guys.. I tired, I thought I did all the right things... point out a issue, offer a solution, hope for the best...well... no go... shot down.. wasted my time!  Sorry but I guess we'll just have to plod through the endless "Hey isn't she pretty" posts and the many follow ups containing the vastly interesting an ever entertaining "lol" "Yeah me too", "I thought that too" and last but not least "'s"  Could some email me when nonfatmo post is posted?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 3:22pm
You "tried" or you "tired"?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 5:02pm

Ok...It's been awhile since I've been here, but it seems that some things don't change. There always seems to be people who want to bicker and make me have to scroll down past it to find someone who is on topic.

Samaire looks like Rachel Lee Cooke with the new style and color...and undoubtedly the long natural look was too midwestern gal. She seems to have a colorful personality and I think the new style might reflect that.

All looks seem to compliment her in one way or another though.

jacqui 

Edited by hairalways
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 5:52pm
So what are you saying about Midwestern girls? Huh?

Just kidding.

Message boards are the last frontier for unaccountable blabbering. It doesn't matter how good one is, eventually they always eat themselves. I pitty the day this one does itself in, but it will. It's inevitable.

The other thing that factors in is that I'm sure many of the posters are not native to the English language, and often people don't know that, so when someone is actually quite smart for having learned a second language, they seem dumb because they may have made less than effective use of it.

May hats off to everyone though. Just let it slide.

Oh, back to the subject. Any chance Samaire makes an episode of Entourage with the new cut?
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 6:56pm

Hal, I don't know which is more odd, the fact that Fatmo posts 10 times a day, or the fact that you actually figured out how much he posts! 

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Due to the new direction of this board many of the "news" posters longer visit thus less breaking news.  Maybe a board for those who like to post lol, yeah, and thanks would be in order.  We could call it the "I love to see my name on the net board" or the "How many times can I post in a day"?

A quick look at Fatmo's post:

Haley: 8/21 posts - by fatmo

Sabrina: 4/6 posts - by fatmo

Gwyneth: 8/21 posts - by fatmo

Federica: 7/16 posts - by fatmo

Sofia: 6/8 posts - by fatmo

Shakira: 8/32 posts - by fatmo

Can't you go blind posting to yourself?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

I suppose it depends what you call news... I accept that this might not be news for those who believe that only a drastic change from long to short is "news".

Honestly, this is exactly the same sense I gleaned from several complaints about "the dearth of news" that have been voiced on this board within the past several days.  Just an observation.
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Fatmo you have every right to continue posting just for the sake of post and if thats what you like... please... continue.  I was just thinking I might not be the only one the gets worked up seeing a hot big name celeb, click on the post only to see "didn't she look nice back then" or "I think her hiar is 1/4 inch shorter?"  But hey... each to his own.  Maybe you could start each new post with something like "News Flash" if it's a traditional type post or "SOFS" if its the same ole stuff you like to post?

Sounds a lot like the many requests on the Short Hair board to lovebobs regarding his frequent posts about his wife.

In general, if you find it boring, you can ignore it.  It could be worse.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 6:50am
[QUOTE=ssjockey]

Hal, I don't know which is more odd, the fact that Fatmo posts 10 times a day, or the fact that you actually figured out how much he posts! 

Dang... You got me on that one... exposed me for the loser I am.  What? you already knew I was a loser....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic