Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need to get my dreads out *sniffle*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amoebasilkshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amoebasilkshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need to get my dreads out *sniffle*
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 5:10pm
I love my dreadies, but sadly they have to go. I've had them about 5 monthes, and I haven't really been takin care of them the way I ought to have been. my girlfriend is gonna kill me when she finds out. anyway, some of them are locked up pretty good, but almost all of them have loops and crap like that. I had to actually separate some of the dreadz that had started growing together. that HURT. but now i'm back to my individual lil dreads. so i need to know how to get rid of them. I used wax and backcombed them. any advice please? seriously, i really need help
farewelltheme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farewelltheme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:10am
I'm no expert, but I've read that the only way to get rid of 'em is to cut them. Sorry if this isn't much help.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 9:21am
If you are very patient, you can comb them out, though there will be some damage, and your arms will hurt it will take so long. Start with a wax remover you get through Knotty Boy. Then, with a fine tooth comb, comb from the very bottom, moving up bit by bit until you get to the scalp.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:18pm
when combing I think using conditioner and  oils will help you get some slippiness

Hair type: 2cM/Ciii
Length: thighes
Growing as far as it goes...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic