Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CANNED FOODS AND TINY CRITTERS...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CANNED FOODS AND TINY CRITTERS...
    Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:41pm

Revealing my softer side, a post for those little creatures we often forget.

Have you ever used a hand held can opener to open canned goods? As you wind the can around the final turn, do you complete the cut, or leave the lid partially hanging by a tiny bit of metal, dump out the contents and then push the lid back as if it were never opened before tossing it into the trash?

This may be an unpleasant subject, but the metal eventually ends up in the dump. And in the dump are tiny critters, often including dogs and cats who must roam the city dumps for scraps of food due to negelectful owners. Paws, tiny noses and more sometimes get caught when trying to back out of the cans with partial lids on them.

In today's world, I'm sure a majority of people use electric openers, which cut the lid completely off, but I just wanted to mention this just in case. It's hard enough eating at the dump without getting your nose hung up, caught or partially severed.

So each time you open a can, think of the little ones.

This emotional, mushy, sensitive message brought to you by Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:18pm
Perhaps you could encourage your municipality to start recycling these. In my city, they are now collected separately from bottles, paper, and general waste. Previously we had a location to bring these for recycling, which saves the city disposal costs and earns them a little money.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 3:08pm

Yea totally! If every one recycled their cans, paper, glasses, plastic (little bit harder...), old veggies and waste food, old clothes and all, we wouldnt have to see those revolting landfield sites. And it's not hard at all. We have recycling things in our town, but we dont even go there much cause all you need is like a few different buckets for the different recycling materials, wait til they get full and then take a trip to the recycling banks!

Recycle People!

(Ok I'll stop now right)

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic