Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today Show Bride to Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:01am
i dont understand this arguement. Not everyone is attached to their long hair. who knows maybe she was looking for a change and just never got around to it. or maybe simply she just didnt care that much so she took the stylist suggestion and went with it. yes its true stylist will naturally recommend a cut anyways, she could have surely said NO, but obviously it wasnt that serious.  i think u guys are more upset about her hair cut than she is
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:16am
By seeing her on TV today she was glad that she did it. She wanted to show off the dress.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:53am
Sorry I missed that conversation. How did the topic of her haircut come up? How did she look? Was it curled again? To me, it looked like they took more off than the announced 10 inches.
Carmichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:42pm
I just so happened to grab some of her interview I was leaving this morning. Not having recorded it I'll paraphrase:

She admitted that prior to the cut she had been wanting to cut it for some time. She said that her hair had grown to the middle of her bottom and was causing her problems like getting caught in the car door and at this length it was a pain and generally in the way.  She said that she surprised her friends who didn't know that she was going to cut it. She said that everyone including herself and her fiance thought it looked fab. She readily agreed with Katie who commented that her hair was still very long. She implied that she never had any angst since cutting it for the show. She never commented about LOL or donating her hair as an excuse to cut.

Now, I know that no matter what's reported there will still be more than a few here will choose to beleive that she was somehow brainwashed by Today Show producers and would prefer to have seen her to be an emotional wreck over her clearly regrettable decision but none of that appeared to be the case to this observer.

And yes Kramer it looked like they cut off more than 10 inches to me too. Her hair was nicely waved and the long layers they cut around her face looked impressive too. She was seated and they didn't show her from behind but I'd say it probably falls to somewhere above the small of her back now.

"Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you."
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:02pm

Which hairstyle did she choose?

Maybe Katie can get the 10-plus inches of wasted hair and use it as extensions.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 8:15pm
She went with the updo. She wanted to show off the dress that's why she go it cut. That was also said in the interview. When she put the dress on then her hair cover it. So I think that was added reason for the cut. Kate C was the one that asked her about the cut in way it wasn't shot out as a question.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 8:36pm
that's ridiculous why did she cut her long hair if she was gonna wear it in a updo it just doesn't make any sense.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 9:26pm
Long hair can be very heavy on a woman's head in an updo and is far easier
to style when it's shorter.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 12:11am
Sorry, Rod, I like Jared's observation better than your explanation. Although Sarah had no idea which style the viewers would choose, she knew there was a good chance that most of her dress would be showing. Obviously the hairstyle footage took hours to tape and they only showed a few minutes of it on The Today Show, so we'll never know the entire conversation. I still look at it as a waste of beautiful hair. But I like how passionate we are on this topic. Cripe, this is the 48th response to the original posting. At the risk of being predictable again, I hope that when Sarah and what's-his-name are videotaped on their one-year anniversary that Sarah's hair is longer, and the two-year anniversary is even longer and so on.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 1:49am
Actually, I think we just keep repeating ourselves.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 9:21am
Hey Kramer so is the Today Show gonna show Sara and her husband one year from now? Hopefully then it will be atleast back to waistlength.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 10:25am
I still think she wanted it cut. If anyone heard her on Fri's show she wasn't in tears or upset she was happy about it. Damm I'm a long hair lover but when someone wants to cut it what can you do. Zealots out there on both sides think about it. I guess this example is the best where it was asked she took it and now everyone wants to think she was pushed into a cut? And there was a sniper in the knoll.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:38am

Found this interesting strand on The Long Hair Site:

http://members4.boardhost.com/tlhs/msg/128915.html

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

From the Kramer-to-English Dictionary:

Main Entry: in·ter·est·ing
Pronunciation: 'in-t(&-)r&s-ti[ng]; 'in-t&-"res-, 'in-"tres-; 'in-t&rs-
Function: adjective
: One-sided and/or inflammatory : rehashing of a previous argument adding no new insight and solely for the sake of provocation

As usual,

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 2:26pm
Hey now, don't you go turning on me, too. Having Fatmoo mad at me is all I can take for one day. Seeing Bride To Be's ponytail cut off was way more than I could take for a year. I'm still in mourning. Let me mourn.
TEMPLAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMPLAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 8:04pm
Does any one have pictures of the actual cutting or the aftermath?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

From the Kramer-to-English Dictionary:

Main Entry: in·ter·est·ing
Pronunciation: 'in-t(&-)r&s-ti[ng]; 'in-t&-"res-, 'in-"tres-; 'in-t&rs-
Function: adjective
: One-sided and/or inflammatory : rehashing of a previous argument adding no new insight and solely for the sake of provocation

As usual,

JF

FWIW Kramer, I'd like to add that a "strand" and a "thread" are not synonyms within the context of internet message boards.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 8:20pm

OK. Alert the media.

What took you so long? Did you go on the honeymoon with the Today Show bride and groom?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 6:45pm
No need to alert the media.  I think they're up on the distinction.  And before I go on my next vacation, I'll first seek your approval for its duration - okay? 

Edited by DaveDecker
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 8:52pm

Oh man, what a grouch. Perhaps you need another vacation.

If anybody sees any other photos of Sarah Raley and her gorgeous strands of hair, please post them.

Edited by Kramer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic