Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today Show Bride to Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 6:14am
Dave does seem to have returned in a bad mood.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Oh man, what a grouch. Perhaps you need another vacation.

If anybody sees any other photos of Sarah Raley and her gorgeous strands of hair, please post them.

Gee Kramer, lighten up.  Can't you tell by the "wink" emoticon that I was just kidding you?
ErinAshley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 7:42pm

Sarah would laugh if she could see the discussion about her hair!  I am Sarah's cousin, and I live in Baltimore.  I discovered this thread as I was googling information about their wedding (I am making a scrap book for her).  Sarah made the decision on her own to cut the 10 inches off.  She made it clear that she was willing to part with a portion of it but not all of her length.  Mark was very supportive to whatever she wanted to do.  She also figured that if she was going to get her hair cut, it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to have Louis Licari do it.  Sarah has a beautiful, thick, heavy, natural wave in her hair (seriously, she could do Pantene commercials - I'm jealous!), so that's why it looks shorter.  The week they did the reveal for the hairstyle, Sarah actually hid her hair in a bun so everyone would be surprised to know if she cut it - including her mother!  Sarah looks beautiful no matter how she wears her hair, but I do like the shorter length.  Now you see Sarah and not the hair.  She also wanted to make sure that whatever hairstyle was chosen, the dress would be visible.  When she tried the wedding gowns on in New York on the day of the reveal (Sarah, her mother, my mother, our grandmother, and I went to New York for the reveal) her hair got caught in the dresses.  The dress that was chosen had such beautiful detail that Sarah wanted to make sure it would be visible.  It's a good thing America chose the updo.  It was so humid the day of the wedding - even at 6am in the morning!  The last thing she would have needed was her hair sticking to her face while trying to balance in the gown (it was heavy!). 

So there you have it.  Someone who knows Sarah and can testify that she alone made the decision to lop off 10 inches and donate it to Locks of Love. 

ErinAshley

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 7:52pm
Since you are her cousin, can you tell us is she going to grow back all that lucious length, hope so. It was so beautiful don't see that very often. thanks Paul
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:06pm
I'm sorry that you stumbled onto this site. Some people feel a sense of
ownership of her and her hair because it was so long. It's her hair and
doesn't belong to those of us on a message board. She's not a celebrity. How
she wears her hair from now on should be up to her.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:13pm
Agree it is her hair just curious if she is going to grow it back. But we should not do anything but wish them years of happyness together!!! Thats what it's all about them and nobody else
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 1:46am

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

I'm sorry that you stumbled onto this site. Some people feel a sense of
ownership of her and her hair because it was so long. It's her hair and
doesn't belong to those of us on a message board. She's not a celebrity. How
she wears her hair from now on should be up to her.

DO NOT apologize for me, Rod. I think I introduced the topic of Sarah's hair. And I disagree with your assessment that she is not a celebrity. When you go on national television and get married, you become an instant celebrity. Sarah's hair is perfect for this thread.  Aren't there 60-some responses so far?

As a lover of long hair, I stand by the disappointment of having to watch Sarah's hair cut on national TV. I accept that it was her idea to do it and appreciate her cousin's insight on it (although I still have my doubts about Locks of Love and their factory full of hair). But I remain hopeful that Sarah will grow it longer and longer just the same.

By the way, I, too, voted for the updo. She was a stunning bride -- and I'm sure that sentiment was echoed across America.

If you show this to Sarah and Mark, please let her know we're not crazy, just very passionate to the topic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 6:50pm

Have no fear, Sarah would be delighted at the thread!  Although she enjoyed her long hair, as far as I know, she is not planning on growing her hair back to that length.  I know that it was a decision she had a really hard time making, but was glad that she did it.  Like she says, it's not every day or every person that has the chance to have Louis Licari do your hair.  Sarah's had the long length for several years and had said that the whole reason she was growing it out was to donate it to Locks of Love.  She just never got around to it until now!  She went regularly to her hair dresser in St. Mary's County to get it highlighted and trimmed which is why it looked so good.  Honestly, I have never seen anyone with long hair that looked as nice as hers - and it's not because I'm partial!  I've noticed that most long, long hair starts to get long and stringy at the ends.  Hair grows faster and better the more it's trimmed (at least that's what my dresser says).    Anyway, Sarah's enjoying being able to put her hair up without it feeling like a brick on her head!  When she and Mark honeymooned in the Maldives, her luggage got lost (it was at the airport the whole time!) and she had only one pony tail holder (her hairbrush and the like were in her luggage, of couse), which broke during her and Mark's private yoga lesson...and that was only day 2 of the trip.  It wasn't like Mark could help her out any in the hair accessory department, least of all a hair brush!

ErinAshley

Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 9:01pm
Any idea how long it took for Sarah to grow her hair that long? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 7:29pm

She's had it super long for the past 3 years or 4 years if I remember correctly.  As for growing it out, her hair seems to grow pretty fast - probably two years?  She used to have it in a cute shag cut, and then grew it out to just past her shoulders, and then the next time we saw her it was long.  Actually, I had just chopped my waist length hair off and not long after, Sarah started to grow her out. So it's been within the past 5 or 6 years that she's had the long hair. 

loveofshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveofshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 10:38pm
Any chance in pictures of her with short hair and you with your long and short hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic