Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BB Super Gro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rubystarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubystarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BB Super Gro
    Posted: July 23 2005 at 8:14pm

Anyone have experience with this?? do you put it on wet hair and then wash out? or dry hair? or leave it in? i bought some, loooove the way it smells, but it has no instructions...

ruby

I wish I could think of a cool signature.....
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 8:45pm

Hi....As far as I know...it is a conditioner for African American hair....

It just says to apply a light coat.  From what I read about it ...it seems it is supposed to supply oils and oranic goods to the roots.  So I'm guessing you apply it to the roots ...let it soak in....then rinse.  It def does not seem like a leave in product.  Just experiment with it.

Guess you'll have to let us know how it works.... 

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 11:00am

Hello Ruby,

While this product is generally used by those in the AA community, those of any color with dry hair are often seen (myself included) scouring the beauty supply aisle for products shelved with these. You would be surprised what you find!

There are very few shampoos found in a standard grocery store aisle which moisturize as well as those found on the ethnic aisle.  

I have no experience with Bonner Bros. Super Gro, though I did find the following information:

BB Super Gro Maximum Strength  Conditioner  6 oz.

BB Maximum Strength Super Gro is unique in it's ability to relieve dandruff, itchy scalp, splitting ends, dullness, and provides the roots with necessary organic oils and nutrients to promote healthy hair. Apply at least three times a week.
A non-medicinal product from Bronner Bros.

Ingredients
Petrolatum , Mineral Oil , Sage-N-Sulfur , Wheat Germ Oil , Natural Coconut Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Soybean Oil , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Vitamin E , Vitamin D , Vitamin A , Fragrance, D&C Green No. 6 , D&C Yellow No. 11

Pump It Up! Super Gro is great for all types of hair. It is perfect for natural, relaxed, pressed or color treated hair. Pump It up! Super Gro contains natural coconut, wheat germ  and sesame seed oils plus herbs to condition and pamper your hair so that it looks and smells it's best. Apply daily to keep your hair and scalp healthy and conditioned. Directions: Apply a light coat daily or as often as needed to hair and scalp to keep hair healthy and well conditioned.

...end of pasted text.

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
rubystarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubystarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 11:04am

yeah, i knew it was for the aa community, i just figured it could do me some good too maybe, plus it was cheap so i was like what the hay. i have to try it later

ruby

I wish I could think of a cool signature.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic