Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Treatment Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Treatment Recipes
    Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:04pm
Indian gooseberry oil or called amla ( most usually have to purchase online) but this helps stimulate hair growth and prevents greying of hair a lot of my friends from india use it no wonder they have long great hair!
Babycheeks
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 6:37am

I've been using coconut oil as an overnight treatment

I've also used Avocado and Castor oil mixed together with an egg yolk

Sweet Almond is good too

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 2:30am

Hey Jade

As long as you're not using something that is marketed "Hot Oil Treatment" that comes in a box on the hair care shelf. Those usually don't contain much oil.

Frankly, any pre-hairwash oiling will do. As long as the oil is "light" enough. Olive oil is a little heavy for some hair types. Jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, flaxseed, and monoi are great.

Before completely switching to CO, my prewash routine went something like this... Take maybe 1 tsp of coconut or jojoba oil and distribute it through the hair before the hairwash. Focus especially on the ends (Since you're at classic length, it would take more than just a teaspoon). Coil your hair into a bun, or braid it, and let it sit for a few hours, then hop into the shower and do a usual shampooing and conditioning. 

With Conditioner-Only/CO, or the occasional C-COW-C, I have to cut down on the oil (or in my current case, shea butter)... but this method works nicely for any kind of routine that includes shampoo.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 1:43am

The other day I went to my local store to look for a hot oil treatment. For the life of me I could not find any, so I looked up on the net and found this one.

Mix 2 eggs with 4 teaspoons of olive oil. Blend into hair and wrap head with with Saran Wrap for 10 minutes. Rinse well.

Has anyone tried this one before or know of any other hot oil treatments that they have TRIED b4?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic