Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AngelDream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair removal
    Posted: July 27 2005 at 3:58am
I am sooo tired of plucking my eyebrows almost every day. Any way I can permanently get rid off the stray hair???  
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:47pm

Hi there!

I really don't think there is a way!  My friend spend like 40 bucks on this electrolisis machine thing....and it didn't work.  It just left a little red spot. 

I think maybe you can get it surgically or laser ?? I'm not really sure though....I imagine it would be expensive!

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
curlygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 8:36pm

yer laser but it's around $100 you can get a thing that bleaches the hair so you can't see it or there is something else that you can get from supremarkets that kills the hair but you have to do it every few weeks.

kellywayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellywayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 12:38am
IPL laser hair removal treatment is the solution of your problem at a convenient price. It will give you a permanent solution you will never have to take that pain of plucking every hair.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 26 2012 at 9:17am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 8:50pm

I agree with the other posters laser treatments are one of the most popular methods of getting rid of hair permanently but it can be costly.

It can be a hassle to pluck your brows, personally I have mine threaded at a spa and recently I learned how to thread them myself. This method doesn’t get rid of the hair but it is a faster process and I like how threading shapes your brows.

If you do try something permanent to get rid of the hair be careful, make sure the laser or method you use only removes the hair where you need to pluck because you don’t want to get rid of your eyebrows all together.

katyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2012 at 3:57am
Basically, my problem is that I have tried pretty much all kinds of hair removal
for my bikini line and cant seem to find anything that doesnt make it
come up all red, itchy and sometimes the little red bumps get infected - yuck, i know.
I have tried:

Shaving (with and without shaving gel; disposable raazors, sensitive razers etc)
Waxing (home and professional)
Epilating
Plucking
Hair removal cream (all brands, nair, veet etc and all the sensitive type)
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try??

Edited by Administrator - November 02 2012 at 9:00am
Marisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 2:57am
Great hair removal treatment is very easy now u didn't get the pain while removing your hair..

Black Castor Oil Hair
Tamali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 1:31am
The most common and renowned type of hair removal products are removal creams and lotions. It is one of the top removal product used among women, apart from its pro and cons it is the cheapest one and can be bought readily at any place. A layer of the depilatory cream or lotion is applied on the hairy area. After some minutes, the chemicals in the cream soften the hairs and then with the help of spatula you can remove the hair easily. Hair removal sprays are also available in the market and they are more convenient to use then the creams or lotions.

Natural Cosmetics
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by katyH katyH wrote:

Basically, my problem is that I have tried pretty much all kinds of hair removal
for my bikini line and cant seem to find anything that doesnt make it
come up all red, itchy and sometimes the little red bumps get infected - yuck, i know.
I have tried:

Shaving (with and without shaving gel; disposable raazors, sensitive razers etc)
Waxing (home and professional)
Epilating
Plucking
Hair removal cream (all brands, nair, veet etc and all the sensitive type)
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try??

You get it all red and bumpy? Its just a rash..
So my advice is....
Shave at night in the bath or shower.
When you are dry put on baby bum cream (YES! I mean the stuff for babies bums :D)...a nice layer.
Let it soak in a little bit. Put on another thin layer before you go to bed at night and be prepared that whatever you wear to bed will be full of bum cream in the morning..

In the morning your bikini line will be smooth, no red bumps!
If you are worried about infections...
1. change the brand of razor you use
2. change the razor you do you more often
3. clean the newly shaved area with surgical alcohol. (Aftershave is essentially aromatic surgical spirits :P)
Beauty Blogger
http://www.skincarehq.org
Follow me on twitter
https://twitter.com/Skincare_HQ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic