Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finr hair and growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Corrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finr hair and growth
    Posted: July 30 2005 at 4:14pm
I have baby fine hair  that is shoulder length, like to know how I can get my hair to grow longer and be healthy
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 1:42am

You will need to protect it every step of the way. Start wearing it up, making sure the ends are always tucked under.

When you insert anything into your hair (stick, slide, barrette, etc.), go verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slllllllllllllllllllllowly. Don't push it in there amid the sound of snapping and breaking.

Try conditioner only washes. Do a search--there are probably different methods listed here. I usually dilute my cheap conditioner with water, apply and leave for 30 minutes, then rinse. Then I follow up just on the ends with a regular conditioner for a regular period of time.

See if you can lengthen the time between hair washings. The less mechanical stress on your fine hair the better, and hair being wet puts a double-whammy in there. If you currently wash every other day, try for every 3 days, etc. I'm able to go 3 or 4 days without my scalp feeling bad and without a smell (the smell is the defining factor for me--I just WON'T walk around with smelly hair).

Try using oils on the ends of your hair. Use a TINY bit of oil. I use maybe two drops, rubbed between my palms. I can hardly feel it in the hair itself, but it is there, lubricating the ends and keeping them moisturized so they don't break.

Your hair will grow. Hair does that. Your job is to keep the ends protected so they don't break off.

Many fine-haired people wear their hair long. Go for it!

Mels
Corrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 1:55am
I just started taking hair growth vitamins they say the help hair grows longer and my nails and my skin softer but my skin is soft as silk now  But what I want is my hair to grow down my back
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:26pm
I have very fine hair, and I've found out that growing hair is a lot easier and cheaper than not growing it.  You don't need to get into an "every single hair is precious" mentality.  Just don't abuse it.  If possible, don't perm it, straighten it, use permanent dye (semipermanent is fine in my experience), blow dry it regularly, or use hot rollers regularly.  If you have to do one of these things, do only one, not more.  As for vitamins, etc., you don't have to do anything that you don't need to do anyway to maintain overall good health.

And never, never, never, never go to a hairdresser.  No matter how emphatically you tell them you're growing your hair and just want the ends evened a tiny bit, no matter how sincerely they tell you it will be "just an inch," you'll always come away with it several inches shorter. At least.  When you want your hair evened off, buy a book on the subject (a good one is _Haircutting for Dummies_) and get some friend or relative to trim yours following the directions.  BTW, if it's fine you don't want to layer it or try anything fancy, a simple straight across cut is all you need.  A nonlayered cut gives more body.

Note:  There are genetic limits. Not everyone can grow hair down to their toes no matter what they do.  Fine hair does not grow as long as coarse hair.  However, you can certainly grow it to some "long" length.  You won't know what that is till you let your hair grow and see for yourself.

Fran
Corrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 9:42pm
Hi thank you for your reply I have had my hair grow longer since taking the hair growth vitamins. And I wash my hair all the time with Nexus fine hair shampoo and Nexus conditioner as well I have found my hair is so soft and silky and more wavy then before

Edited by Corrine
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 1:03pm

I have heard of taking hair vitamins and using oils.. but which ones?
What products do you use? Are there particular vitamins to look for?

Isa123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 1:59pm
vitamins: vitamin A
oils: olive/sesame oil mixed with essence from rosemary, ylang ylang and lavender for light hair, sandelwood for dark hair
Team Ehwaz - Team #14044 - Use the idle time of your computer to make a difference. Join now! Statistics:
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&te amnum=14044
Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 1:37pm
Unfortunately, I have fine, thin hair with oily scalp. I NEED TO wash my hair every day or else my scalp will be extremely oily. But I usually just massage shampoo into my scalp, not my hair. I don't have much hair, so I don't really style it much. It seems that everytime I run a comb through my hair, I lose many strands!  
Isa123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 11:48am
Poor Rabbithead.  I've had a similar experience.  I needed to wash my hiar every 2 days it would be very greasy and itchy.  Here is how I made progress in extending this 2 day period into 3 days and now even 4 days: stop washing your hair if you can.
When you can do this and condition permit it, don't wash your hair, whatever the cost.  The more you wash your hair the more you stimulate the pores and as a result, greasy and oily hair.
When you finally can't stand it any longer, wash your hair like you would normally do, but avoid rubbing hard on the scalp.

After all is done, let it dry in a towel as long as possible, wait for it to air dry some more and when you think your hair is almost dry, start combing it with a wide-tooth comb VERY GENTLY.  Don't rush!!!

You will have to try this for a long period of time or regurarly if possible to extend your period between 2 washes from 2 tot 3 and hopefully from 3 to 4 days.

Greetings.
Team Ehwaz - Team #14044 - Use the idle time of your computer to make a difference. Join now! Statistics:
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&te amnum=14044
Mr Glennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Glennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 2:46pm
i have very fine hair that gets dirty very easy esspecialy if i touch it or play with it alot as the day goes on (im terrible for this at times ) sometimes i can wash my hair at 9.00am and its greasy and dirty by 3.00pm does hair tend to get dirty more easy when its fine ???

Edited by Mr Glennie
Glennie
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:59pm

Man, I have dark, oily, long, fine hair w/ends naturally curved under, but I've trained my hair for every 3 day washes. But I doubt it could go 4 days. And I do love shampoo.....

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:57am
Check out the long hair forum to get some great tips and support for growing your hair long (even when fine)!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic