Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red head wanting to highlight with blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rhdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red head wanting to highlight with blonde
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 5:13pm
HI everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of blonde would look good with my light red hair color? and should i have a stylist do it or would be okay to do it myself? I'm afraid it'll turn out orangish in color. any tips to prevent it from doing that?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 8:08am
If you are new to hair dye, its easier just to go to a salon and let them do it.  Are you a natural redhead?  That's kind of a tricky question because natural redheads are often a little of both worlds.  The red hair is warm, and goes great with golden tones, yet the skin tends to be cool pink toned, in which case you may want to avoid anything that's very yellow or golden and go for ash instead.   I'd try different shades of wigs on to see what blonde goes best with your skin tone.  If you are only getting "a few" highlights, it probably won't matter too much, and you can get anything you like.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
GlitterSpit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlitterSpit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:29pm
I have an orangish/brownish color of red (it is natural) and recently I have dyed my bangs platinum blond. It looks really awesome. You should do something like that.
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:46pm
Hi rhdevil!  I have naturally red hair as you do, and have had blonde highlights put throughout it.  My highlights were a golden tone, which I really got addicted to!  I had never tried anything with hair color/lites so I wanted a change and went for the highlights.  Instead of sticking with partial highlights at first though, I went for full.  Long story short, I had way too much blonde than I wanted, and actually had lowlights, and a toner put on.  So, I do agree with the previous posts, and want to add that if you do decide on highlights, start with either a casting, or partial.  That way you'll know if you'll like it or not!  Good luck and let us know your progress!!  
rhdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 5:10pm
Thanks to all of you! I did end up going to the salon to get it done but it didn't do as planned. all the highlights turned out different colors of blonde and my roots just won't take the dye at all!!! The people didn't know why, so they actually gave me my money back on it. but i still like the way it turned out and so do all my friends.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 6:48am
Glad it worked out!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic