Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ONE LITTLE QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 360spinna 360spinna wrote:

since most of yall wont wear a durag out what do you do when your having a bad hair day and you haven't had a cut in a month or so? i know im not the only one that try to let their hair grow out for a month or 2 to get their waves deeper.

**SILENTLY WAITS TO SEE IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WEAR DU-RAGS OUTSIDE WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION**
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:46pm
haha, this is crazy. if u knew i was gonna say that, u should have adressed ur comment differently.... or maybe u were hoping that i would say that. but newayz, u gotta do wut u gotta do. sum ppl do try out new meths or w/e, and have to go out in public. but me personally, i wouldnt wear one in public. if my hair was nappy and was lettin it grow out. i would jes edge myself up, brush it as good as i can, and walk out. or jes wear a hat. ur never FORCED to wear a du rag so du raggin isnt the only option u have when u go out in public.

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:53pm

Well any way whether your adding to the stereotype or not these ignorant people that live amonst us will still have the same perception of us. OUT

nice, but i believe if a handfull of ppl including MLKjr can change the perception of millions about racism, after a while, we may also change the perception of a black man in society in the eyes of whites within time. (there are alot of ignorant ppl tho that will be stuck in their ways)

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by Thats Riiiiiite Thats Riiiiiite wrote:

Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others 

shouldnt we???

realvicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realvicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:18pm
I learned to cut my own hair.  Edge up and all that other stuff.  I know a lot of people don't like the way a barber cut so learn to do it yourself.  YOu  worked hard on those spinning.....SHOW THOSE SPINNAS.  Just make sure you stay young fresh to def and pop tags.
It is always about business
King of ATL BABY
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:10pm

Yep, some white people read what so call Black MEN say and do and judge everybody the same. I'm not ignorant or willing to document my foolish morals on a website that racist and perverts read daily. 

MLK had a dream and now some people have forgotten the dream and make ALL Black MEN look stupid.  Some of use still have enough pride to Wake up and feel ashamed.

People are judged by how they look and carry themselves on the internet and in public. Some Black men are not willing to see this and keep making everybody look bad.

White people and everybody else is Watching and developing an oppinion about Black MEN who claim have pride.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:38pm

^co-sign

Thats Riiiiiite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thats Riiiiiite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

Originally posted by Thats Riiiiiite Thats Riiiiiite wrote:

Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others 

shouldnt we???

if u have pride n u self n have a positive self esteem about urself no matter how u look u should have to worry about what people say about u mayne. im not sayin u should look like a bum but if i need to wear a durag mayne ima wear one u fell me
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:19pm
i do agree wit u thats riiiiiight to a certain extent. but under certain circumstances, u should worry about wut other ppl are sayin about u. i wouldnt put myself in that position and i have enough pride not to. u do wut u do. yeah, i feel ya tho.

gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 4:45pm
look you could always wear a hat like sjay said and maybe a wave cap underneath but u never really have to wear a durag in public.  besides, i look better with 360 waves than with a durag anyway so i just dont wear them in public
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious
baller05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 6:06pm
alright this topic is getting out of hand
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by baller05 baller05 wrote:

i'll take the blame for that
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:16pm
I wear durags 2 parties n clubs because my head don't have waves fully?
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:41pm

it's nobody's fault. i personally thought it was a good topic and was really sumthin that should have been talked about... and i enjoyed hearing every1's point of view. it got ppl thinking and brought self awareness to the role of black men in society to every1.

gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:18am
yea maybe we should leave it alone now
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious
baller05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 1:00pm
^^ c/s
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:20am

thas the problem. i dont wanna look like the guys in videos.. most of them set bad examples that play into the stereotype itself. around here, we dont have urban showcases, and not every1 is all hood like or w/e. we have a wide variety of diff ppl from diff backgrounds. ppl wit du rags are stereotype as well as ppl wit chains n stuff are labeled goths, or guys wit trucker hats are labeled rednecks. if im already gonna be stereotyped by bein black, y should i add to the stereotype by playin into it?...

Sjay, you are a smart brother. I admire you for how you carry yourself. This is what I'm talking about people. We have to start somewhere. This is really good thinking. MTV and BET Videos is not the way we should pattern ouselves. It's TV and not reality. It's hard to get a job if you look like the Gangsta in the Video who sell drugs and chase hoes. They don't want you in their office or around their daughters.

You have to admit, TV enfluences everybody. We all sterotype people based on what we see and hear. Morals should be your guide in life not TV or rappers. I like rap as much as anyone, but rap don't pay my bills, I do. And we have to get a job and be around people with different cultures who don't agree with the morals and values of the younger generation (crack babies, fatherless kids, following videos, watching too much TV, and playing too many video games instead of getting physical training outside the house). People of different cultures look down on this. They say this is why Black people are all dieing off and can't get jobs because of what they value as important.  We know that there are other reasons for our people dieing off, but we can't deny the bad values and morals of our generation. We can blame it on that or this but we still have a choice too. "Sjay is right on point brothers, it's time to see the light".

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:28am

it's nobody's fault. i personally thought it was a good topic and was really sumthin that should have been talked about... and i enjoyed hearing every1's point of view. it got ppl thinking and brought self awareness to the role of black men in society to every1.

This is one of the topics that we need to talk about. Nothing is getting out of hand Spinna. This is a good topic that I envite everybody to think about. We as brother need to discuss these issues because the type of WORK and money you will make determines the quality of life you will live. Poor, ghetto and fresh or medium to upper medium class to elite class. How you carry yourself and how people see you determines if they want to give you a job and give you a chance. Why do you think so many sistas straighten thier hair and bleach their skin or put make up on? To be accepted by white people and others. They don't accept Black Men, like we are. They say we are too Black and too Strong.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:39am
I didn't say it was getting out of hand,
realvicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realvicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:48am
RIGHT ON!  BIG MIKE
It is always about business
King of ATL BABY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic