Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A picture we thought we’d share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A picture we thought we’d share
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:39am
This past weekend we were playing around with the camera at the pool.  I took this picture of Jennifer as she was emerging from the water and we really liked it so we thought we'd share it.  Has anyone else ever tried taking pictures like this?  That's what's so great about long hair.  It can have so many different looks whether it be in an elegant up-do for a formal occasion or down and soaked in the pool.

Edited by tdouty

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:17am
pic isnt showing up for me.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:23am
Hmm.  It was appearing for me so I thought it would show up.  If it isn't showing up, you can cut the link and paste it into the address bar.

http://jagular.lcs.psu.edu/emerging.jpg

I could put a direct link to it in html, but I'm not sure how to do it here in the forum.

1c.m.ii
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:27am
still not.  maybe the servers timing out or something.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:27am
How about this?  I hope it works.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:07am
nope. I'd move it off your school servers and host it somewhere else.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:59am
We just got new computers yesterday and I guess the web server didn't install correctly.  I can get to it, but apparently, nobody else can.  I moved the picture to webshots until I get the web server problem sorted out.  In case the "insert picture" doesn't work, the link to the picture in full size is:
http://image58.webshots.com/158/9/37/45/413293745RwwuPT_fs .jpg

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works this time.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:03pm
Anybody have a clue why this wouldn't be working?  I click the "Add Image" button; paste the entire url over the hi-lited text and click ok.

farmerburgess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerburgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:12pm
My guess would be that it's a problem at PSU.  The URL you posted above is a broken link as well.  Are you still able to view the photo from your machine?  Are there firewalls in place that may prevent remote access?
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:25pm
The last pictures were linked from webshots.  I'll try a smaller version in case it's a limit on the size of the image:

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:28pm
We don't use any firewall.  We have Zone Alarm installed and that's all we use.  I can see the images that are aimed at my web server, but the ones from webshots all show up as broken images.  Maybe if I can get the web server up, those will appear anyway.  Oh well, I guess this thread is a waste unless I get the web server running correctly soon.

http://image58.webshots.com/158/9/37/45/413293745RwwuPT_fs.j pg

Edited by DaveDecker

1c.m.ii
AdamtheBadam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamtheBadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:56pm
Try www.imageshack.us
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:03pm
Very nice picture.  I too like the way my hair looks when it is wet because it is soooooo much longer.  When my hair drys - POOF it goes into it's curls and I loose major inches.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:32am
That link doesn't work for me!
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:05am
Just for your reference...
Zone Alarm (even the free version) is a fire wall.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:12am
I never use Zonealarm anymore. I found it didn't want to let anything pass through.
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:26pm

I was able to view the image using the link below:

http://image58.webshots.com/158/9/37/45/413293745RwwuPT_fs.j pg

However, the image was H-U-G-E. , that may be part of the problem. Does Webshots have a limit on the image access per day like some photo sites?

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:36pm
Nice picture of Jennifer.  BTW, I fixed the link in your post of August 4 @12:28pm (the text still has a stray space, but the link doesn't, so it work).
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:19pm
I couldn't access the link at all using the Opera browser. So if any other opera fans are struggling, you need to break down and use ie.

Interesting photo. Thanks for sharing.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:35am
After a bit of a vacation, I'm back and worked on the problem with my web page not being acessible from outside.  As it turned out, my Windows XP firewall was on on this new machine (wasn't supposed to be) so nobody could access my web page and thus nobody could get to the picture I had posted last Thursday.  I'm curious if the picture I had posted in this post is now visible??  Thanks for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic