Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blue eyeshadow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blue eyeshadow?
    Posted: August 08 2005 at 12:48pm

how do you wear blue eyeshadow w/out looking trashy? because I love the color blue but every time I  wear it just looks bad.

and any other colors or make up  you could recommend would be great.

thanks dolls.

sorry for the crazy hair

MillieBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillieBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:55pm

I love blue eyeshadow too. I usually go for a darker blue, or a blue-grey. The current one I use is Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Single in 600 Sterling Blue, and I usually line my upper and lower lids with a navy eye pencil. I have sort of hazel eyes, too.

BTW, you have beautiful eyes.

LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:34pm
Plum, berry, caramel, bronze or classic red would be good for your
lipcolor and fawn, champagne, gold or lilac on your eyes. If you just love
blue, I'm sure you don't look horrible in it, but I can see you in more
yellow-based colors.
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 4:07pm

Thanks! I usually wear a lot of yellowbased colors that are kind of nude and natural looking like champange or gold, but I really want to wear more colors because I'm getting kind of bored with them same thing every day. Thanks for the lip color recommendations though, I really want to try a plum!

Do you know any colors that aren't too natural looking that would look good on me?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:38am

A non-trashy blue. . . probably something not too screaming-bright or opaque, I think, like pale ice-blue or a very sheer darker blue.  Maybe more of a teal for a warm complexion.  Go light on the application, and it shouldn't look too hooker-y.

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 7:01am
I just an eyeshadow from MAC called Electric EEL. It's a really really bright blue with some shimmer flecks in it. When I bought it the guy applied it to my eyelid up to the crease then blended a brown in the outter corner of my eye to tone it down a little. It looked really good. I wore it along my upper eye lid like liquid eyeliner.

I don't know about looking trashy with brightly colored eyeshadows. I think if you're wearing clothes that aren't too colorful (maybe black brown or white) and won't compete with the eyeshadow you'll look fine.

When I wear colors like that (bright blues or greens or purples) I like to use my finger to apply the color from my lash line to the crease and then  either use the same shadow and a skinny brush or a matching eye pencil and line my upper and lower lids and smudge it. It gives a nice, smokey eye look but its a refreshing change from black and its less severe.

sorry its a long post!
Ilexica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilexica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 1:18pm
I'd personally use something like MAC's deep truth to line with, pared with grey, lavender or or a pale creamy colour, like MAC's Vex. Sort of a smokey eye with a difference.
sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 3:04pm

My aunt has a blue eye shadow from Sephora. She has the same skin tone as you do so i think that colour would suit you alot. I dont know the exact colour...but its somewhere between royal blue and sea blue. You should go to any make-up store and get consultation done, that way you'll find everything that suits you and that looks good on you.

*hugs* 

Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

jacobwill1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobwill1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 4:35am

If you want to get blue eye shadows for your eyes. Its okay there is nothing wrong in it but for beauty prospects blue is a very dark color and every person going to notice your contacts. My cousin sister has hazel eyes which she overcomes by lapsing with blue eye shadows something black work too.

blue eyes eyeshadow

Edited by jacobwill1988 - March 19 2012 at 4:38am
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 3:09pm
You might try a blue eyeliner with some sheer nude eyeshadow. Also, don't try to use blue all over your lid, do just a little bit in your crease in a dark blue, and pair with natural tones elsewhere on the lid.
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 10:28am
aahhh .. blue is very nice but apply some more colors with it to give a decent and charming look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic