Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longhairdreams hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:09pm
Wow,its been a really long time since I wrote anything here.I shaved my head right after that last post.I used a razor this time.I'm never going to shave my head again so I figured it'd be fun to do just once.I never expected the ingrown hairs I got though.Live and learn I guess. My hairs hasnt grown much.I had incredible growth last year.It firgures It would slow down when I want it to grow.

Its finally getting to an acceptible length.It still wont lay down.It looks like I have a faux hawk.But my hair is just stiff.I have been wearing wigs alot.Today was the first day I went out without one on.I expected alot of snickers from young and old.But suprisingly that was not the case at all. Women didnt seem to notice me.But guys were downright gawking.Which is suprising since my hair is super short.I know the majority of guys like long hair.Maybe they liked the fact that they could see me.There was no hair to hide behind.Just me.

Anywhoo..... I guess I'll post some kinda sorta not really progress pictures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 4:21pm
So I finally figured out to tame my hair from sticking straight up.I did it in the post above.I just used a little bit of light pomade(which doesnt hold my hair down,but its the first step).Then I get my hair soaking wet.For some reason the wetness of my hair mixed with the pomade makes my hair lay down.I then use my fingers to pull the hair into the shape I want.And lo and behold it keeps that shape until i wash(minus bedhead here and there).I was afraid I had a month or so more before my hair started to be wearable .But now it looks like a head hugging pixie.

I'm glad I overcame this stage without heat.I'm really loving the blue undertones in my hair.It wouldnt take much damage to pull red underneath.Its been so long since I saw my natural color.I'm finally at good place where I can appreciate it.The last time I shaved my head I had already started coloring it by this point.

And On the weight loss front things are going great.I've lost and inch off each thigh. And half an inch off of my stomach and hips.I think my arms bulked up,lol.I havent lost any lbs.But I've gained alot of muscle which is what I really wanted..

My youngest took his first steps a couple days ago.How exciting.He'll be full on walking in no time.Its hard to beleive he's ten months now.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 4:41pm

(I'm not sure I'm supposed to post on someone's journal, so I apologize if I'm intruding)

I just wanted to address what your hair was probably growing faster last year.  If you gave birth to your son, as opposed to adopting him, then the hormones in your body from the pregnancy do in fact make the hair grow faster!  Pregnancy is a fantastic time for hair.  Unfortunately, though, about six months post partum is when the hair starts shedding more than normal.  You may not notice it since your hair is so short, but it's very normal.  You've got kind of a short pixie now, so your hair is growing well!  Best of luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 12:21pm
Its been two months since I last posted.I know there was a whole month where I didnt have any internet access.I wish I could say I didnt care,but I did.It was horrible.I didnt realize how much I use the internet til it was gone.

So anyway on to my hair.Its grown quite a bit since I last took pictures.Its actually suprising.I must have had a good month or something.My hair looks the same as the cut I had in april when its styled.I have stayed true to my promise that i was going to finally leave my hair alone.No dye,no heat.I havent even fallen back on extensions like I usually do when I dont like my hair.On to the picturesStar.

They're both unstyled.But if I'm going out I usually put a little pomade in it to make it look like an actual style.Even unstyled it doesnt look too bad.At least not to me.So I guess I've met one milestone which is a pixie.Next one will be a chin length bob.I think I'll even out the edges when it gets that long.Its going to take years,but Hopefully I make it to my ultimate goal of butt length.I hope to never have short hair again.

I just enrolled in an aveda beauty school.Which is very exciting but scary at the same time.Hopefully I'll be good at it.i know its unrealistic to think everyone can do hair.But everyone seems to think just that.I do feel that if I'm taught well and get the hands on training I can flourish as a hairdresser.Geeklol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 11:03pm
So I figured  I would update my journal since my hair has grown a little bit since last time.Here's a new pic.My hair probably doesnt look any longer but its like an inch longer than it was in my last pics.

I'm liking my hair right now.Its past the awkward stage it was stuck at before.I just add a little pomade to ruff it up and it looks pretty cute. I was worried for a little bit cause my scalp was getting irritated for no reason I can think of.Maybe my vinegar rinse was too acidic.?But my scalp seems pretty sensitive anyhow.

I made up a concoction of coffee(irish creme) Honey,egg,and conditioner.I left it on til it dried cause I couldnt wash when I planned.I was hoping the coffee might tint my hair.If it did I cant tell.But it did make my hair feel rediculously silky.I kept the leftovers for later.I'm sure it would protein overkill to use all the time.But it was just what my hair needed.And lastly I remembered my natural color being a shade darker than what it is now.I wonder if It lightened on me?

Edited by Longhairdreams - December 03 2006 at 11:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 7:26pm
So I successfully used a natural shampoo bar today.Whoo HooTongue.I've been trying off and on for months.I would try once and give up.I have heard so many good things about about using them I had to keep trying.My soap is a coffee smelling kind shrinkies.net/creekside soaps.I dont think she makse that kind anymore.But She still makes alot of other good soaps.

So anyhow,everytime I used them before,my hair felt really crummy after rinsing.And I read somewhere.To be honest It seems like it was Dave decker who said it.That you can get rid of the crummy feeling if you finish with a ACV rinse.I tried it,not really thinking it would work.But it did.Granted my hair doesnt feel like it did with conditioner.But it feels ok.I did notice that some shed hairs had a build-up on them.Maybe I need a stronger ACV mix.I'm going to give it some time.Since there's a transition period for people with hard water.

I wanted to try something different to help my dry ends.They arent dry like most people think of dry.Just a little rougher than the rest of my hair,which is really soft and fine.I think my ends could be the result of being tapered off.They remind me of how my ends looked after being razored.My hair feels healthier with a blunter cut.Its so wispy right now.I'm going to wait til it hits solid at chin length before I even out the hemline.I'm gonna keep using the soap and see how it goes.If the soap build-up doesnt go away,I'll stop using.But I'm sure my hair will get used to the soaps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 1:49am
So i tried the natural shampoo bar for awhile.My hair liked it.I only have one gripe.But sadly its a big one.My hair was much more fragile with just the shampoo bar.I'm sure it has something to do with my hair texture Fii.I noticed after brushing  my hair in a hurry i got quite a few broken hairsCry.
So I finally used(and loved) the aveda clove S&C I got for x-mas.I guess my hair needs a little extra protection.My strands arent overly fine,but I do have a wierd beading on them(which I've always had).Hairdressers have had all sorts of reasons for why my hair is beaded,but then I'll disprove it without even trying.My hair seems better off with the silicone enhancementErmm.Oh well.

I wanted to give up cones before because of the buildup they were causing.And when I tried to clarify with baking soda my hair felt like crap for a week after.And dry hair is more likely to get damaged than nourished hair.So i guess I need to hunt down a clarifying shampoo.I'm sure If I use it watered down every other wash it should help.My only other concern is the amount of proteins my new conditioner has.My hair doesnt take long to buildup with those.Is there even a way to clarify proteins?lol.

My hair has grown a bit since my last update.I guess I need to take pics.Plus Since I've been using the aveda clove S&C my hair is more of a chocolate brown.I love my natural bluish dark brown.But The chocolate color is fun too.Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 12:36pm
So I'm up to about 41/2 inches now.whoo hoo.I have so far to go.So I tried  going the natural shampoo route again.And there are so many things going against it in my case that I think i'm done with it for good.
1.my hair is more tangly than usual with it.
2.I have to use bottled water to wash with(extreme hard water)
3.I miss my warm showers
4.Its too unstable to get consistent results

So I'm back to Conditioner.I think I might just do conditioner washes with shampoo every now and then to clarify.I bought Nuetrogena anti residue.It seems to be more gentle than the baking soda I used.So its about time to take some new progress pics.

On a non hair note I 've been uswing proactive.I have good skin but have the occasional breakout.I'm hoping is helps with the redder areas of my face more than anything.Everyone who i know that uses it have perfect skin.So i'm up for giving it a try.

And my ends were feeling kinda dry due to weather and wispiness.So I tried some burts bees hand salve I have on them and my ends feel just as silky as the rest.Plus its easier to use than other oils I've dealt with.Its not easy to use to much.Plus it doesnt have much of a smell.I hate overly fragrant oils.
I got some new hair toys from dressy tresses.I got two silver bobby pins with austrian crystals set into them.And I got two flower ruby hair magnets.The last thing I got was silk chanel inspired scarf.It protects my hair while making me look classy and cool,lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 7:54pm
The page has now deleted my whole post twiceAngry.I'm gonna try this last time.

I'm currently doing CO.I'm not impressed.My ends are still pretty dry from the weather and wispy's.I'm still using the salve for that.Silicones dont seem to mix well with my hair.My hair used to do really well with silicones.My only guess is something I'm using has too much protein in it.

Another interesting thing I discovered.I have three different hair types.Baby fine around hairline and lightly mixed in.Medium fine throughout(makes up the bulk of my hair).And thick coarse wavy hairs lightly mixed on the crown?! These hairs alos seem to be going silver.I probably never noticed them before cause my hair had been stripped so much.I dont notice them as much when I use cones.Its not bad just interesting.

So I have some extra money with which I'm going to buy myself a few things.One is a hairdo hairpiece by jess S.It looked like all the other extension peices before.But I checked it out and Its pretty neat looking.Perfect for what I want.My other things I'm going to get.1.A seamless comb.My comb I use now has been chewed on(small children).And I wanted one anyhow.2.And another thing is a bottle of kenzoamour(perfume).I smelled some awhile back and was pleasantly suprised.I'm pretty picky when it comes to perfume.

I have been thinking about evening out my ends.They arent damaged.But it would help with the dryness and wispiness.Nothings set in stone.I dont want to lose any length.but I know my hair would look and feel better for it.I guess I'll just think on it for a week or two.

Still using proactive.My skin actually looked worse at first.I'm still on the fence with this one.I dont notice any difference.My skin was pretty good to begin with.But I at least expected more eveness or something.I'm gonna keep using it til its gone so I can give it a good review.

Speaking of reviews.i have a bad one.Its for tigi's bedhead.I heard so many good things about it.I hate it.I used the shampoo conditioner and shine spray.I gave them three real tries.And all three times the results were the same.I used the shampoo once,and it had a nice lather.But the other two... The conditioner was horrible.I think my hair felt drier after using it.And the shine spray was awful.I covered my roots so I didnt get the greasy looking roots.But my hair still looked to oily.I even held the bottle for away when I sprayed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 3:31pm

Success!ClapThumbs%20UpStar

So I finally solved my dry hair dilemma.My ends have just felt like crap for weeks now it feels like.I liked my shampoo bars but the results werent consistent enough.I knew to use vinegar but it ws making my hair overly oily.Well after giving my two boys a bath I had a thought.I had just used the same shampoo bar on their hair,and their hair loved it.I had chalked it up to them having baby fine hair.I use a diluted vinegar rinse on their hair after.But the difference between theirs and mine was that I use mine in drinking water.Theirs is mixed with tub water(which is extremely hard).I have been really trying to keep my hair as natural as possible.But Apparantly it works better with my hard water.My hair feels great again.My hair is moisturized root to tip.Whoo hoo.

Alright so I cut down my proactive to once a day.My skin is just to sensitive,and it dries it out.Although others who use it said the same thing.Maybe twice a day is meant for people with real skin problems.

Its time for a picture update.I have some new hair toys and combs.Plus my hair has gained some length since my last picture.Heart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 7:20pm
Alright i finally got around to taking some progress pics and a few others of some hairtoys I got.
this one shows the length.Looks pretty mulletty from my hair being all one exact length.But I'm gonna get a hairpeice  to wear until it grows out enough for it to be evened out.
this one is of some new jeweled bobby pins I got from dressy tresses.I love them! They help my hair not look like a mullet.They are so pretty.
This is another way I've been wearing my hair with my pins.I think its pretty cute.
src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/longhairdreams/Cap0811.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>
Here's a closeup of the pins.

I got this head wrap at forever21.It was cheap like $5.Its silky and actually aids in protecting my hair.Plus its good for those days when my hair doesnt look so great.
And last but not least are my hair magnets.I like them,but havent worn them out yet.The magnets are soo strong.I'm actually worried about it crushing my hair,lol.

Edited by Longhairdreams - February 16 2007 at 1:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 7:24pm

Not too much going on hairwise.I bought a couple new wigs.Both are dark brown.But ones wavy and the other is straight.That way I can alternate styles.I got them in my color so I can pull some of my own hair out at the front to create a real looking hairline.

I finally got my Cassia in the mail.I knew it was great after using a sample I got in a different order.My hair is silkier than ever.Plus my hair finally shines.Normally it has a healthy sheen.But no shine.But now it is like a mirror.I put a little brewed lavender in for scent.Natural lavender smells great.It makes me miss spring though.

I got some burts bees grapfruit and sugar beet conditioner.It actually works well.But the smell leaves something to be desired.

I quit using the proactive.It made my skin worse.My skin was pretty clear to begin with.And I think It caused breakouts in places I never have problems with.The only thing I'll keep using is the mask.It was worht the $20.It really works well for spot treatments.

I ended getting the Jessica simpson/Ken paves hairpeice.I was really dissapointed.It was a good idea that was poorly executed.For anyone who might read this dont waste your money.

I'm finally getting back into my groove.As you can see in the lst pics i had started to slack in the weight department.Too many cookies and not enough cardioTongue.I dont count calories.But I know I have tendency toward binge eating when things arent going great.But now I'm back in control,and the weight is falling off once again.My home scale says 115.But I'll be curious what the doctors scale says.It always reads ten lbs more than mine.But its nice to be back to where I wasStar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 4:23pm
So i'm still a heat,and chemical virgin.But I did dye my hair with henna.so I cant claim to have virgin hair anymore.Its not a huge change.Just red toned in normal light.And dark red in the sun.Its pretty but not for me.

So here's my henna/indigo amla recipe for making med-dark brown cool toned hair.All my ingredients came from catherine at hennaforhair.com

1.I mixed 5 tablespoons Jamila henna
2.I then mixed in 1 Tbl spoon Amla
3.I then added 1 tblspoon citric acid(lemon juice is too drying)
4.I brewed a tablespoon of rosemary leaves in a 1 and a half cups water
5.I added 30 drops essential lavender oil for darker and quicker dying
6.I then finally added the brewed rosemary to the mix.
7. I blended it to the consistency of yoghurt
8.And finally I set the bowl in the sun

This part is done.The sencond half is what I'm going to do once my henna has dye release

Second half:Adding the indigo
1.Mix 5 tablesoons of indigo
2.add water til it becomes consitency of yogurt
3.wait 15 minutes
4.Add to henna mix well.
5.Put on head and wait.....

I'm hoping to get back to an cooler shade of brown.I dont care much for the red in my hair.I wanted to darken my hair a bit,this was just the excuse I needed to finally do it.

Best case scenario: my hair turns out a rich dark brown with cool undertones
Worst case scenario:My hair turns blue blackDead which I can pull off,but I dont want

Here's what my color looks like now.I'll use lindsay lohan to model it for me

And here's what I'm hoping to get.Miss diaz will model this one for me.
I'm going to do sometime tonight,whenever the henna's finally ready.I'm crossing my fingers.And I guess I'll lump my dye pics together with my progress pics.Its about that time since I can finally wear a full fledged ponytail.Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:21pm
Success! Star

So my hair didnt go black like I was afraid of.Now its a nice chocolate brown.Its not as ashy as it started as.But it looks a ton better than the burgundy red color plain henna gave me.I think i'll add some red/gold corrector to my conditioner.That should help with the remaining red tint.Or if I'm not too cheap maybe I'll buy blue malva cond. from aveda.That would do the trick.

So now its time for the progress pictures.Its hard to tell from them that I can wear a ponytail,but I can.Its a little one with lots of layers that arent long enough,but a headband fixes that.I bought some colorful elastic headbands that seem to work well.There small in width cause they look better and are more stylish.The wide ones make me think of scrunchies and leg warmers(cringeDead).

This is a picture of the color of my hair after henna.Its hard to tell but the color was pretty awful on me
This is a pic of the length in the back.These are crappy pictures,but my camera chooses not to work sometimes.
And last but not least.This shows how the henna indigo turned out on my hair,and shows a front shot of my hair length.

Being that I'm a gemini by all means I'm having a bored moment.I am pleased with the growth and condition of my hair.But I've decided I like instant gratification.Or at least temporary instant gratification.So I ordered hair and supplies from my favorite hair and natural soap supplier(shrinkies.netThumbs%20Up).I bought one weft of thermofiber.I havent used it yet and have meant to for awhile.I bought one ounce of asian remy well cause I'm cheap and its kinda pricey for someone who's thrifty like me.And I bought silicone lined microrings.I still need to go to the Bss to pick up some liquid gold.I'm going to put it in as wefts most of the way up.Then I'll put the asian remy that I'll pretip in with the microrings at the top.It sounds good in theory I just hope it looks good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 12:52am
So I know I just posted hair growth pics.But they arent very good IMO.So I took some new ones.One to show the way its growing,and the wierd color henndigo gave it.One to show it from the front.And one for vanities sake to show off the shine it hasStar.Embarrassed.
This one shows the length and the color in bright light.
This one shows the front of my hair.You can see some of the short layers.
And this one is with my head tilted back.I'm really loving the shine.It didnt used to do thatHeart.

I was about out of my burts bees shea and grapefruit deep conditioner.Cry.So I got some new conditioner tonight.I got redken all soft.I have always heard great things about it,but have never tried it due to being cheap.I really love my burts bees which doesnt have any cones.i'm hoping this will work as well.But my hair seems to reject the products most people like.Most of the conditioners I buy end up being used by my DH who's hair love them.i had high hopes for the Tigi Dumb blonde condish.But it made my hair feel pretty dry.But my hubby used it and said his hair has never felt better.Angry.I hope this newest one isnt just another to replace the almost empty bottle he ended up with last time.

And alot off topic:I planted some seeds(flowers).But I forgot oh yeah I have a black thumb,lol.Dead.I already overwatered the poor things.I just hope i get some pretty flowers to plant out in my yard.If all else fails, I'll buy some that have already bloomed and put them in my yardBig%20smile.

And you can tell how tired I am by how many smilies i use in a post,lol (insert smiley here)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 3:34pm
Wow, I've really neglected my journal.I've been so busy with other things I just completely forgot about it.

Not much going on hairwise.I've been trying to simpilfy my routine,but have been so busy I ended doing more.I want nice hair,but I like it to look presentable when I go out.And sometimes those natural washes leave my hair looking rough.

I did manage to make a bun yesterday.I used a bun rat I made.It actually looked really good.And the bun rat is genius.Especially for people with short or thin hair.
Here's newer pic.My hairs grown a bit since it was taken,so I guess its about time for progress pictures.I'll take some tonight along with some of my bun with the bun rat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 6:23pm
alright and on with the new picturesStar.

Here's a pic of my hair in the bun rat which is basically the top of a tube sock rolled so it looks like a fat hair tie.You then put the bun rat over your ponytail.Then you seperate your hair through the middle trying to spread your hair over the bun rat.then put another hair tie over your hair on top of the bun rat.Smooth out your hair over it so it doesnt show through and Voila you have a nice thick pretty bun.My hair is way too short to look so thick in a bun.

here's a sideview of my hair.Hard to see it from this pic.It usually blends together better,but I do have some serious tapering.
And here's one from the back.I can definitely tell a difference since my last back shot.

I'm going to try a new wash technique.There have been recent talks over at TLHC about using oils in the wash rather than conditioner.I've been trying to get back into using my natural soap bars.Its been hard due to lack of time patience and the adjustment period.

I'm also getting a ficcare soon.I really need a good reliable hair accessory.I'm gonna get one of the new lotus maximas ones.The ivory with gold has my name on it.Heart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 1:51pm

Its been awhile since I updated this journal.I've been spending most of my time on LHC.I still love this board since it was the first forum I got involved with.

I've taken a few new pictures of my length.boxerSo my hair got mauled by a pair of dull scissors.I even sharpened them first,but they still tore up my ends.These first two pics are after the tragic assaultthatsit

But I bought the sample size ojon restorative treament from sephora.And my ends looked and felt a ton bettercheerlolabove.
Here's after the ojon and newest length pictures so far

my ends were still dry and battered so I bought some  ultrasharp titanium scissors from walmart.I trimmed about 1/4 off the ends and did a dusting of my layers.My hair feels so much better.My hair is back on the right track again.I thought I was gonna need to cut off like 2 inches.1/4 inch seemed to be all I needed.

I'm happy with hair with the moment.But I have been thinking about buying some aveda black malva to add darker tones to my hair.I already have blue malva(gives hair a burgundy look),and clove adds warmth.I still have alot of red left over from the henndigo.I decided I dont suit red brown hair.My hair is naturally very ashy and I would like to have that back.I think the black malva will help push it back into the cooler tones.

Edited by Longhairdreams - July 19 2007 at 1:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:59am
 So after being fed-up with my incoming greys i decided to just dye them.I didnt want any red tones so I decided to use regular dye.Medium ash brown in loreal natural match.I have used every dye imaginable with no problems.But for some reason i had a bad allergic reaction.My hair is okay,but my scalp took a beating.Luckily it healed fine and my hair is A-okaycheer.Sadly my hair went  slightly red.Maybe because of the reaction? Who knows.I know that was exaclt what I needed to remind me why I gave up dye in the first place.plus it didnt cover all my grays.And at 25 I'm not ready to give into going gray.Maybe when I'm 50,lolwheelchair
So its back to henndigo.I'm gonna use  a similar mix,but with a little more indigo than henna this time.

I'll post some after pics.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 10:03pm

So my hair is looking pretty good.Its been extra tangly.Which I'm guessing is from the humidity.It didnt bother my hair when I was younger but my hair type has changed quite a bit since having kids.I went from a 1a f iii, to a 1b m/c ii.Which isnt a big deal, I just need to re-learn a bit about my hair.

A couple of new pics-
This first one is just a length shot.The ends look frazzled cause I used too much oil "oops" plus it looks alot shorter than the last one.I did trim off 1/4inch but its really not noticeable shorter.I think the pic is just at a different angle or something.

And this one shows how good my hair is starting to look.Some people who know me couldnt imagine me with long hair,but I think its looking better the longer it gets.Plus I have lost some weight.I've been runnning alot(*which I love).And I'm really proud of myself.I measured myself for the first time in forever and couldnt get over the results.My waist measured 24"!!.It hasnt been that small since highschool.I wasnt even trying to get skinny.But its definitely a nice perk of working hard.

And now a trip down memory lane......
Here's me faking almost classic length hair.I wasnt fat just pregnant.I loved the hair.Noone knew and everyone turned to stare.It was just clipins but it was fun to wear for awhile.

Here's a pic B&W sadly from when I was blond.It looked so good,but my hair didnt get very long like that.

And one more from way back.I think I was around 7 or 8?My sister did my bangs,lol.Which is about how she styled hers at the time but not as tall.

Ooh and tomorrow I get some stuff from sephora in the mail!.
I'm a little bit excited.I'm finally gonna get to try ojons new rub out dry shampoo.I hope it works.My hair always looks so oily by the next day.(Crosses fingers).