Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longhairdreams hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 11:41am

Your so lucky, your  hair grows so fast.

How exciting being pregnant! You look adorable.

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:58pm
Omg ur hair is gorgeous :) It grows amazingly fast. I hope mine grows close to that. Whats ur goal? U should def post a pic of ur hair in a ponytail :) Keep it up
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 3:23pm
Hi,

Congrats on the baby to be :O)  I remember you being pregnant with your last one and it seemed like last year!  Can't wait to see pics of the new bundle Big%20smile
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 5:46pm
Still visiting the site, LHD?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:22am

I'm back.Its been a busy couple of months.I had my son july 16th.We are both doing good.He's sleeping so I finally got a chance to come back here for a minute.For anyone who might be interested he was born at 6lbs 6 ounces.Had a head full of dark blond hair.

Lets see I dont have any hair pics yet,but my hair has grown quite a bit. I had found quite a few new products my hair seems to like.I was at an outlet store where they had a tub of goldwells deep conditioner for curly hair.My hair loved it.It was only $3.When I went looking for more I found out it was discontinuedCry.Plus it accidentally fell in the tub and spilled out a good amount.I have enough for a couple more uses.Needless to say I'm saving it for a special occasion. I tried out another similar goldwell product and it doesnt perform nearly as well.

So after having great hair days with the goldwell I decided to keep looking for better products since I seem to be running low anyways on my normal hair stuff.One thing I tried and have had excellent results with is johnsons and johnsons mild baby wash as shampoo.I bought it for my son.Usually baby wash is harsher because its made to get rid of cradle cap.But this stuff really is gentle and mild.It takes more than my suave and I have to do a little scalp scrub.But the results are worth it.I picked up a bottle at trader joe's( am I the only who really doesnt care for that place) of the the citrus nourish spa conditioner,and aloe vera gel.My hair really likes the gel.I'm still on the fence about the conditioner.

My layers are looking a little ratty.So I'm either going to get new pair of scissors or go in for a trim.While I'm afraid a hairdresser might cut off too much I'm not real good at trimming up my layers.After its done I will definitely take some new pictures.I'm curious to see how much its grown.
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 12:53pm
party Congratulations on the baby!

great to see ya back on the boards LHD. I can only imagine how long your hair has gotten.So exciting! take it easy and don't be a stranger!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 11:20pm
COngrats on the baby :) It sounds like ur hair has gotten very long and I cant wait to see :)
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 6:57pm
Congrats on the new baby!   How exciting!

Can't wait to see pictures of your hair. I bet it's grown alot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 6:04pm
Thanks everyone.So I got my hubby to take a pic a couple of nights ago.
It looks like the sun highlighted my hair a bit.If you look carefully you can see the dry ends of the layers.I snipped those off yesterday.I didnt want to lose any length so it was a teeny tiny trim.It feels better.I'll just need to baby the ends until I decide I cant take it again.

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 8:08pm
Awwww ur hair looks amazing :) u should post a pic of it with a ponytail :) how long do u want ur hair?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 8:15am
Hair looks good, LHD. And congratulations on the baby.Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 2:11pm
your compliments are very much appreciated.
  So I microtrimmed my hair,but it just didnt get my hair to where I wanted.Plus I did a choppy job on my layers.So I decided to go to a real salon.I had the color matched to my roots since my hair had bleached so much from the sun and swimming pool.And then the stylist trimmed up my layers.Needless to say I'm very happy.My hair feels alot better.And the color makes it look helathy again.I might maintain with a semi just to keep it fresh.The stylist was really rough and not friendly at all,but he did a good job.So I can live with that.I wont be going back to him in the future.

My wash routine has been going through some renovations since my hair has different needs now.I just started mixing my shampoo with suave naturals conditioner with good results.And I'm back to using my super skinny serum mixed with oil.I'll just need to remember to clarify more often.
    Now If only I could get back to my pre baby size I'd be pretty happy.I got down to 126 within a week.But now I'm stuck there.Thumbs%20Down. I have been trying to get back to running,but I've been so tired from the on demand feedings.I just want to be ready for the mini marathon come may.thats my ultimate goal no matter what size I am.

And now for the picture after going to the salon.

Edited by Longhairdreams - August 30 2009 at 2:12pm
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 2:20pm
Congrats on the new baby!!!

Maybe I should have another baby so my hair would grow that fast!............
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......lol!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 5:06pm
I love the new pic after ur stay at the salon :) what is ur goal length?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 4:07pm
Pburgh: I try not to set goal lengths since I'm so fickle with my hair.

So its been awhile since I updated my journal,but not much had changed.Plus I've been very busy.I have the same wash routine minus the super skinny serum.I now use elasta qp oil moisturiser as my leave-in.It works great and it was pretty cheap.

I've been doing home trims but nothing major.And I went to a salon and had my highlighted.They turned out nice and subtle.My only two gripes are the fact that the stylist tacked on $30 extra from what she quoted.And she said she parted my hair to cover the bald spots.She knew I just had a baby,plus my hair may be thin but I'm far from bald.

Anyhow here's a newer hair pic from when i got my highlights.And I let the stylist flat-iron my hair which seems to make it look less smooth than normal.

Edited by Longhairdreams - November 08 2009 at 9:27pm
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:23pm
       Your hair's lookin' super, LHD. Wishing you many years of joy with your little one! Heart
      But BALD SPOTS? Some stylists are insufferable! So many try to obliquely steer their customers into shorter, more layered, more ultimately discouraging styles by making unwarranted snide remarks. She oughta be ashamed of herself, but that kind never is! An insecure customer is a regular customer! Beware, and pay no attention to such nonsense. Blessings, Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 9:25pm

Thanks bobSmile.Your right about her trying to steer me into a shorter style.She would have had better luck by stroking my ego.I was pretty shocked when she said it.I've been told my hair is fried,dry,thin,flat,mousey.But the bald one is a first.Shocked 

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 9:56pm
Your hair is looking very nice, and far far away from being bald.  Congrats on the baby.  You will have to share pics of the bundle when you get a chance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 4:22pm
 I cant believe how long its been since I updated this journal.I knew I didnt want to unless I had a picture,and my camera was broken.But Someone gave me the camera so I cant complain.

Lets see, despite having some dry ends(from the highlights) my hair is pretty nice.My routine suits me.Lets see suave naturals currently the orchid version co on the length.then wash the scalp with the matching shampoo.I squeeze the shampoo into the length then rinse.And then finish with a thick co.Usually loreal mega moisture.I keep my hair up once it starts to look dirty with little octopus clips.Which are so much gentler than ponytail holders.And that includes the kind without the metal.Plus keeping it contained seems to keep moisture in the ends better than when they are free.

Im pretty happy with my growth.Once my hair fills back in and I get some of the ratty ends trimmed off it will look great.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 11:38am
     Pretty soon it won't be a dream! Lookin' great, LHD. Clap bOB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic