Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what brands of make up do you wear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
spice12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what brands of make up do you wear?
    Posted: August 09 2005 at 8:45am

These are the brands i use

Mac

stilla

VooDoo Cosmetics

Emina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 12:17pm
I mainly use.... Revlon, Cover Girl, and Mac aswell.
Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 2:33am

I use: Becca, Mac, Lancome and Red Earth

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 3:15am
wow u girls must make the money cause m.a.c is expensive.. =x i just bought 2 little eye shadow thingys and it was like $13 for each.. i also like clinique because it doesnt irritate my eyes or else i would go wet-n-wild lol cheap brand lol. 
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:53am
$13 isn't that much. I have to pay $18 for MAC eyeshadow! I always stock up when I go to the states cuz their foundations are literally twice the price out here :( And yet, the people at the MAC shops here still know me by name..that's how much I'm in the store!

I generally use MAC because I trust the quality but I also use Red Earth and Sheseido and Pupa.

Speaking of MAC, does anyone here use their skin tint moisturiser? I'm thinking of trying it and wanted to get someone else's opinion.

twstdfantasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twstdfantasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:43pm
i use the skin tint moisturizer.. i love it!  it makes your skin look dewey.. but make sure you don't put too much on, otherwise it could come off as greasy.
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by aseya aseya wrote:

$13 isn't that much. I have to pay $18 for MAC eyeshadow!

it is when your use to paying $1 for wet and wild all your life lol. :P

Edited by ammonia
lilcutienatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilcutienatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 8:29am
i wear mainly collection 2000 make up or avon brands... im only 15 so cant really afford to buy the expensive stuff anyway... i havent had any problems with it so far  lol

Edited by lilcutienatz

sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 10:23pm
MAC...awesome!!...and plus...its canadian!!
...i use wet n' wild lip glosses and jus yesterday i bought this really nice grey/blue liner from wet n' wild...for the smokey eye look, and it worked jus as well as the MAC liner/shadow cakes..(i think thts wat ther called..)...plus ther ALOT harder to put on then a normal liner. 
Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 10:40am
I use Covergirl and Estee Lauder. I don't get that much from the latter since it is so pricy, I just splurge every once and a while like on a lipstick or blush. I mostly use Covergirl for day to day.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 1:21pm
Clinique Blush, Burt's Bees lip balm, mostly covergirl for mascara (I love
their professional with the rounded tip and the waterproof works
awesome) and then Wet 'n' Wild Pressed Powder for foundation. I'm very
diverse
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 10:04am
I use Dermablend concealer, various other brands. Now I'm interested in the MAC makeup you all are discussing. How is there skin care and face makeup? I've been looking for a good illuminator  but was wondering how there face makeup was?
DeborahC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeborahC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 1:08pm

MAC and Smashbox I can't live without

I love Estee Lauder's foundation.

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 4:21pm
Hey Elvira!
I haven't used any of Mac's skin care products except when I've gotten my makeup done. But whenever I do get my makeup done, I really like how my skin feels:)

I've used a bunch of their foundations. My favorite one is the studio fix . It's a powder but it has great coverage. I once  used glycolic acid to burn a zit on my nose (long story, but seriously this was like a planet sized zit) and I ended up with a huge scab-type thing. The studiofix covered it brilliantly! I was really surprised since I thought a cream wouldve covered better. And it really does last all day. I was working a ten hour shift and I would still have it on when I washed my face at night.

I use their hyper-real now. I like it cuz its shimmery but its subtle and it makes your skin look soo soft. But I don't find the coverage as good.

Um, Ive used alot more , but I don't want to take up a lot of space!:)
In short, I DO recommend their face products. My girlfriend said it made her break out, but she doesn't use cleanser because she thinks that makes her face break out too, so I don't know..:)

Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 9:26pm
Has any one use Physicians Formula??  I'm deciding on if I should buy the product.  My skin is very oily and I want a makeup that helps with my skin and prevents any breakouts or clogged pores. 
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
goldengirl2be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldengirl2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 10:31pm

I use--

Foundation & Mineral Veil:  Bare Minerals

Concealer:  Lorac

Blush/Bronzer:  Bobbi Brown

Eye Shadow:  MAC

Mascara & Eye Liner:  ULTA

Brow Groomer:  Cover Girl

Lipstick:  Origins

Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 9:07pm

Foundation - Bare minerals and Lancome Adaptive

Mascara - Lancome

Bronzer - Revelon skin lights

Eye Shadow - MAC

Lip Gloss - Lancome juicy Tubes,  and Clinique lip gloss tubes

Vilya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 7:03am

Blush:L'Oreal

Gloss:Bourjois,Carlo di Roma,Pupa

Shadows:from Pupa palettes,Rimmel

Mascara:I have 2 ATM,Bourjois and Maybelline

Foundation:Bourjois

Concealer:Rimmel

Gosh,I have a lot of make up...I got most of these for my birthday though

kalena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 3:43am

foundation/powder: mac

concealer: physicians formula

eyeshadow: mostly mac, milani, and nyx

eyeliner: bonnie bell & avon

mascara: prescriptives and physicians formula

gloss: not too picky, anything i can find that isn`t sticky... but i love loreal colour juice

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Melrose Melrose wrote:

Has any one use Physicians Formula??  I'm deciding on if I should buy the product.  My skin is very oily and I want a makeup that helps with my skin and prevents any breakouts or clogged pores. 

I use their bronzer powder in the summertime, and I LOVE it!

Lipstick: MAC and MAC only! (the best lipstick ever, IMO)
Blush: Clinique
Powder Foundation: Cover Girl
Under eye concealer: Loreal
Eye shadow/liner/brow definer: Avon
Mascara: was Maybelline, now Loreal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic