Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I go from Morticia to Cindy C?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LUCRETIA05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCRETIA05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I go from Morticia to Cindy C?
    Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:36am

Hi Everyone,

I registered with the Boutique, as I'm about to make a drastic change to my hair, as a result of some drastic changes in my life, and I really want to check the facts first.

I have extremely long, Medium thick Hair, Naturally Mid Brown, which I have been using a permanant natural Black colour on (Clairol Nice and Easy No.01) for the last 3 years. It's in excellent condition, but I've just overcome some bad times, and got myself back on my feet, in shape and happy again.

I really  want to have my colour taken up to what it was 6 years ago; which was a mid brown, with lots of Blonde Highlights (Think Cindy Crawford 1994 era). 1 Small local salon tells me this could not be done - but I feel it has something to do with the fact it will be a massive job, possibly involving using a chemical colour stripper, highlights, lowlights - I cannot say. But I do know so many people who have made the change successfully through highlighting at a good salon.

Does anyone have experience of this, or any advice. I dont want to totally wreck my hair, but I do not mind losing some length if needs be. I just want my hair to reflect the restored me.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

L x

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:51am
Well, is your hair very fine?  Meaning each strand is very thin by itself?  If so, you will have to be careful.  If your hair is normal to coarse (meaning each strand is very thick) then your hair may be able to take a little more.  I suggest going to the Hair Color forum and pasting your question there to get lots of good help.  Colorfix may be an option for you to remove the black, its a color remover that is pretty low in peroxide, but it doesn't always work depending on the dye you used, and black is the hardest to get out...so I'd ask the people there if it might be for you.  You are better off bringing your box of colorfix to a salon so they can handle the dyeing part (it will have to be dyed a natural looking color after color removal because it will likely come out orange or yellow due to the peroxide in the black dye).  Then they can do highlights after that.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LUCRETIA05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCRETIA05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 8:07am

Thanks, for the reply! in terms of strand thickness, my hair is normal - definitely wouldnt say it was coarse. If I had known how stubborn Black was, I would never have started dying it, that's for sure. I'd hate to think I will have to wait 3 years and grow this out a bit before I can change it.

I will definitely consider the colorfix, and try posting this in the Hair colour forum as you suggested, thanks for the advice and taking time out to reply to my pleas for help!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic